Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Tigers. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

slangman wrote:
Sack Buckley after the Essendon game, then ride the caretaker coach wave all the way to a premiership.

Or, we could create our own "caretaker coach effect" by having Brenton Sanderson coach against the Suns. Laughing It would save some money!
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:34 pm

Geez, that was painful. Injuries yes, but you do tire of leaning on them.

I'm one for slow learning and stability, but that has probably run its course even by my cautious standards.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:36 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Thank God for the Beachboys next week, If we don't come out literally breathing fire for this one, we don't deserve to play Finals, and that's it.

But that's the problem surely mate. The modern game is not built around breathing fire and emotion. It's about have players skilled enough (and do we have enough of those?) to execute an effective game plan (and we sure don't have anything resembling that). I want to be more positive, but the fact is we are a shambles of a club at the moment - the New York Knicks of the AFL. Crying or Very sad

True mate, very true, but footy is also bout confidence, and right now, ours is at a low ebb, real low, but a win can do wonders, u get your mojo back gives everyone a lift. To quote Barassi again, " winning isn't everything, its the only thing. " Idea

The West Coast win should’ve done that. It didn’t.

Last edited by Raw Hammer on Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
The General Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:39 pm

slangman wrote:
If we lose next week, Buckley would have no choice but to go.

Hopefully we win, but....

We are currently sitting 5th on the ladder with the biggest injury list in the competition. And we are calling for the coach to be sacked.

People really need to get a grip!
lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:43 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Buckley panicking right now.

Drop Varcoe, recall Varcoe
Bring in new players hoping for some sort of magic to happen
Play midgets against GWS tall forwards
And now this

Buckley reverting to form

Totally. Normality has been restored. All this sensitive new age Buckley bullshit. A leopard is still a leopard.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

Collingwood 9.12.66
Richmond 14.14.98

Goals: Pendles, Checkers 2, Elliott, DeGoey, JT, Crocker, Treloar 1,

Disposals: Treloar 39, Mayne 30, Pendles, DeGoey 28, Crisp 26, Sidey 24, H-E, Maynard 20, Howe 18, Flip 19, Shaz 17, JT 16, Varcs 15, Brown 13, Checkers, IQ 12, Cox, Daics 11, Grundy 9

Tackles: Elliott 5, Sidey, Maynard, Crocker 4.

D/E: Shaz 88.2%, IQ 83.3, Mayne, Varcs 80. Our top 6 AFers went under 68%.

AF points: Treloar 126, De Goey 119, Mayne 104, Pendles 98, Crisp 93, Sidey 89

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

Raw Hammer wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Thank God for the Beachboys next week, If we don't come out literally breathing fire for this one, we don't deserve to play Finals, and that's it.

But that's the problem surely mate. The modern game is not built around breathing fire and emotion. It's about have players skilled enough (and do we have enough of those?) to execute an effective game plan (and we sure don't have anything resembling that). I want to be more positive, but the fact is we are a shambles of a club at the moment - the New York Knicks of the AFL. Crying or Very sad

True mate, very true, but footy is also bout confidence, and right now, ours is at a low ebb, real low, but a win can do wonders, u get your mojo back gives everyone a lift. To quote Barassi again, " winning isn't everything, its the only thing. " Idea

The West Coast won should’ve done that. It didn’t.

Yes but then we hit the GWS on their own pissing ground who had lost 3 on the trot, desperate, tho our first qtr was a shocker, but then we were ok, but its game over already. We have had NO luck this yr, starting with silly little wretch Stephenson, from then on, nothing has gone well.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:45 pm

We we’ve been playing just as crap all year with a close to healthy list.

Apart from the Richmond, Brisbane and Port games, first half vs Ess, last quarter vs StK, what game(s) have we actually played well in, and for at least 2-3 quarters? At West Coast we managed to dominate for 45 mins and score a paltry two goals. THAT’S what we get to hang our hats on. It’s been a horrible year, with get of of jail wins. Well guess what? We didn’t get out of jail vs Freo and Haw, and are exactly where we deserve to be.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:46 pm

What a shit sandwich birthday present for Nathan!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:46 pm

It sounds weak, but the fact we only lost by 32 points is in itself a positive. At one stage, I thought losing by 100 points wasn't in the realm of impossibility. I feel somewhat happy we played the game out in the right manner despite the disappointing result.

The most frustrating component of tonight was seeing the lack of forward line cohesiveness. I've seriously underestimated how much impact Stephenson has on the forward line and his loss is being felt in this respect. Every time I saw us go forward, I couldn't see any small forwards that were ready to present to the contest.

Centre clearances were diabolical. We have the best ruckman in the competition and we're not making the most of it. It's frustrating to watch and becoming a big problem for us.

Our pressure on the ball carrier was very poor as well. Richmond seemed to have too much time with ball in hand too often. Our inferior skill level also exacerbated our problems.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:53 pm

There were far worse players on the ground than Crocker tonight. He had a crack, and was treated grossly unfairly by the scumpires
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:57 pm

The General wrote:
slangman wrote:

We are currently sitting 5th on the ladder with the biggest injury list in the competition. And we are calling for the coach to be sacked.

THIS !!!!!! Exclamation

slangman 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:58 pm

The General wrote:
slangman wrote:

Would you keep a CEO if they only delivered one profit in 7 years??

Don’t get me wrong, I love Bux but I love the club more.
We have fallen off the cliff and no amount of injuries can excuse the lack of effort or interest shown by the team in large chunks since quarter time against Port Adelaide.
One good year in 7 isn’t good enough.
If we can’t beat GC this week, That would be probably the worst loss in over a decade. They’ve been smashed by nearly 100pts the last month.
It’s win or bust.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:01 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
We we’ve been playing just as crap all year with a close to healthy list.

Apart from the Richmond, Brisbane and Port games, first half vs Ess, last quarter vs StK, what game(s) have we actually played well in, and for at least 2-3 quarters? At West Coast we managed to dominate for 45 mins and score a paltry two goals. THAT’S what we get to hang our hats on. It’s been a horrible year, with get of of jail wins. Well guess what? We didn’t get out of jail vs Freo and Haw, and are exactly where we deserve to be.

I think many sides are in that same position, look at the cats, very patchy for weeks, the only teams dominating are those that have sacked their coaches, such as Nth Mebourne and the Scum. Many teams are hot an cold, like Port, crows, Deees Freo. etc. Surprised

K 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:03 am

The General wrote:

We always have the biggest injury list in the competition (or close to it). And many on this BB still are certain it's just bad luck and not too bad.

Sounds like complete denial to me. They can't stand the thought that our club might not be totally professional in every department.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13   

Jump to: