Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Crows. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Is there any evidence that Madgen has any idea how to play forward? I'm pretty doubtful about that strategy, to be honest.

Note that I did say "decoy" David Wink Smile Surely Magden could take a defender and run out of the way to allow the other forwards to lead. If per chance, a defender didn't go with him, then he's standing there as an obvious target on his own, who could pass it off to a team mate. He wouldn't have to do much. Smile
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:32 pm

Agree Rudey, when he gets his old mans or Didak skills, he can play like that, notyet, got to get his hair messy
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:33 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Why?

Because, although young Daics has been ok in getting the ball, he is way too tentative in his disposals imo.

Agree, with the result that they often come unstuck.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:46 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Why?

Because, although young Daics has been ok in getting the ball, he is way too tentative in his disposals imo. Much like the way Woewodin used to play, he too often stops and props, before kicking 20 metres sideways or backwards. Of course, sometimes these are good options, but it seems to be his first instinct, which slows down our ball movement imo. What is lacking from his game, something we get from both Noble and Quaynor, is a willingness to take the game on and initiate fast attacking football.

That’s a fair criticism IF he is not pulling the trigger when there are targets further down the ground.
It’s really hard to establish if players move the ball forward instinctively or not when you are watching it on the TV ( and I’m not suggesting that’s what you do or not, RB )
Guys like Quaynor and Noble love to run and carry and it looks good but a leading forward might tell you otherwise.
I do like Quaynor because he has lowered his eyes from day one and it’s a rare quality in most young burst players. Noble not so much.
Daicos has his limits but I think he is on the improve and I’m never one for dropping young players while they are improving ( unless you have automatic selections coming back )
Concussion might solve the quandary anyway but the question I would be asking is, has Noble done more in his last two games at VFL level than what Daicos has done in his last two games at AFL level ?
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:26 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Concussion might solve the quandary anyway but the question I would be asking is, has Noble done more in his last two games at VFL level than what Daicos has done in his last two games at AFL level ?

The question I would be asking is, has Daicos provided more in his clutch of AFL games this year [I felt he was better last year] than Noble's one game effort against the Eagles?

The answer to that question is, no.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:01 pm

Am I the only one that thought noble was ordinary vs WCE? I know it was his first game, and he got to the ball a bit, but it was a nothing debut that showed me nothing of his ‘dash’ that he was brought in for.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:35 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Am I the only one that thought noble was ordinary vs WCE? I know it was his first game, and he got to the ball a bit, but it was a nothing debut that showed me nothing of his ‘dash’ that he was brought in for.

Ha, I wasn’t going to “ argue “ Cams comments because I get that we all see the game differently but since you asked the question, I agree.
You should never judge anyone on their first game and the opposition was very good ( for half the game ) but I thought he was fairly vanilla. In fairness, he’d only been at the club for about a month too, so I have no doubt he will be a better player in the future.
His second half was better when he played as a small lock down defender and that’s not a role that Daicos plays, so maybe there is room for both at some point.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:16 pm

Noble was used in defence and required to play on a direct opponent in his debut game this season.

Much harder to display your offensive wares in such a position IMO and especially so when your still in the infancy of an AFL career where a defence first mindset would naturally be your main priority so as not to embarrass yourself and let down your team.

If he comes in this week I want to see him given the freedom of playing on the wing like Daicos where he could potentially display his line breaking qualities more easily.

matrix10 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:52 am

Noble had Riolii in first half - who did nothing

Then moved onto Cameron at half time after he'd kicked 4- who also did nothing.

As swoop says- he was brought in to play defensive role on eagles small forwards.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:00 pm

matrix10 wrote:

As swoop says- he was brought in to play defensive role on eagles small forwards.

Was going to be my next point. If he stopped his direct opponent, good work. But apart from that, he was brought in to provide run off half back and we had none. Not being a prick, it was his debut, plenty of time to show his wares, but was hoping for at least one Sam Murray type run.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:00 pm

matrix10 wrote:

Very true, which poses the question, why is Noble being talked about as replacing Daicos. With Aish and Quaynor in a race to be fit to play finals, I think there’s a real opportunity for Noble as a small defender and that’s a role that Daicos doesn’t play.
I think Daicos is going alright, based on his last two outings. I just don’t see anything to be gained from dropping a young player after he has played well, particularly when his supposed replacement played his only AFL game as a small defender.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:06 pm

Daicos and Wills are still not ready for AFL because they are both too scared to take the game on. They are both pretty good at getting their hands on it, but always seem to look backwards or sideways for a non-creative handball often to a player in a worse position. it has stalled many a potential attacking foray.

I just dont think either of them believe in themselves.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:19 pm

E wrote:
Daicos and Wills are still not ready for AFL because they are both too scared to take the game on. They are both pretty good at getting their hands on it, but always seem to look backwards or sideways for a non-creative handball often to a player in a worse position. it has stalled many a potential attacking foray.

Yep.
Daicos in particular looks back.
Run forest run!!!!!!
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:28 pm

All this talk of sweeping things under the rug - a sure omen that broomhead should be selected. Possibly for someone who is sore to have a break.

Noble in for speed. Stick to the policy that saw Quainor then Noble selected in recent weeks. Daics out perhaps.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:03 pm

masoncox wrote:
E wrote:

Yep.
Daicos in particular looks back.
Run forest run!!!!!!

And if we didn’t have 15 unavailabilities, we wouldnt be discussing either of them..... but we do.
Anyway, it looks like Daicos has been passed fit, so selection will be interesting to see if he holds his spot.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8   

Jump to: