Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Moore = Forward or Defender?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where should Moore play?
Forward
27%
 27%  [ 12 ]
Defence
72%
 72%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 43

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 8:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think he can play well as a Forward but with Howe out of the Backline he has to go back again.

Did not help he did not Train as a Forward All Pre-Season

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:16 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ Not all of us, no.

It was stupid to move Moore forward. All his career (including as an under-age player), he's been a low possession player who struggles to attract the ball. He can only play back. A competent coach would know that. It isn't difficult.

Disagree. The coaching staff chose to try something because our season is over. Moore then kicks three goals as a forward against the Eagles.
Who knows the cost / benefit but having kicked three up forward, was it really such a crime to leave him there again for another week or two.
Maybe he should have tried nothing. Maybe he just should have left Cox there. It’s not like the decision will prove to have made any difference to our finals chances.
I keep reading on here that the definition of insanity, is doing the same thing and and expecting a different result.
I do know you’re no fan of Cox or Cameron or DeGoey either., so should we just play one short in the forward line or just keep playing Kelly or lynch until they make it ??
Of course Moore’s a better defender, he’s A A but when you have the worst forward line in the competition, you’re obliged to try something different.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 5:43 pm

This question has been definitively answered now.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 5:58 pm

Tonight seals the deal. Only an idiot would play Moore forward. He had more kicks in the first quarter than he had for the entire game last week.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:26 pm

shawthing wrote:
Tonight seals the deal. Only an idiot would play Moore forward. He had more kicks in the first quarter than he had for the entire game last week.

I don't think so. When your game plan is sh1te'ouse and no real forwards to connect with, what do you expect.

I'll reserve my judgement with a new coach...

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:35 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
This question has been definitively answered now.

Yep, it's settled.

Time to close the thread Wink

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:53 am

BEAMER09 wrote:
shawthing wrote:

I don't think so. When your game plan is sh1te'ouse and no real forwards to connect with, what do you expect.

With the same abysmal inside 50s, Cameron, Cox, Grundy and even McCreery are better forwards than Moore. And that's behind DeGoey and Mihocek. Moore is probably the 7th best tall forward on our list.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:21 am

If you can't see that Moore is a natural defender then you need to take up knitting and give the footy away.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 10:40 am

What'sinaname wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
shawthing wrote:

With the same abysmal inside 50s, Cameron, Cox, Grundy and even McCreery are better forwards than Moore. And that's behind DeGoey and Mihocek. Moore is probably the 7th best tall forward on our list.

McCreery is new but I said real forwards and Cameron, Cox and Grundy are not forwards.

Just on Cox again and I've said many times, he is not the answer as a forward. He is a target at best but not a forward as he does not hurt you, misses too many marks, gets nudged under the ball too easily and does not hold his ground. Time for real forwards!!!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:12 pm

BEAMER09 wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
shawthing wrote:

McCreery is new but I said real forwards and Cameron, Cox and Grundy are not forwards.

Just on Cox again and I've said many times, he is not the answer as a forward. He is a target at best but not a forward as he does not hurt you, misses too many marks, gets nudged under the ball too easily and does not hold his ground. Time for real forwards!!!

When non-forwards are better than a player that you think IS a forward, then I reckon you've answered your own question.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 3:56 pm

BEAMER09 wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
shawthing wrote:

Well we do have one genuine forward on the list.
Jack Ginnivin is rookie listed and was very solid in the VFL yesterday ( 3 goals from 13 touches )
Plays as a goal kicking small forward ( as opposed to a defensive one )
Kicked over 100 goals for Castlemaine U9s and has been kicking them for fun at every level since.
If you’re picked as a rookie, you come with a number of things to work on but he doesn’t look like he needs many chances to impact the scoreboard.
Knows front and centre too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: