Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies v. Giants. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 11.22.88
GWS 12.5.77.

Goals: Elliott, Mihocek, Henry, Cameron 2, Sidebottom, Ginnivan, McCreery.

Disposals: Sidebottom 26, N Daicos 25, Adams 24, J Daicos 23, WHE 23, Maynard 22, Lipinski 21.

Tackles: Pendles 10, McCreery 7.

D/E: Noble 90%, Pendles 89.5, Maynard 86.4, H-E 82.6

AF points: Cameron 111, Pendlebury 106, Sidebottom, WHE 98, Adams 94, Maynard 92, J Daicos 85, Lipinski 84, Ginnivan 76.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:43 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Let’s put some perspective into things.

We are 2 games from top of the ladder.

We were given no hope at the beginning of the year.

We don’t really have a forward line, and the one we do is a mixture of Elliot, who hasn’t played a lot of footy last few years, couple developing young forwards in Ginnivan and Henry, plus a forward who played most of his career as a fullbacker.

We also had one of the worst weeks the clubs gone through and we still beat a side full of first round draft picks.

Let’s just enjoy the moment.

It’s odd isn’t it. You can finish 17th last year, be off 5 wins in a row and 7th on the ladder and some peoples first instinct is to complain about bad kicking. If I thought the players set out to do it, then I’d be worried. That’s footy. If it was that easy, we wouldn’t have a need for point posts.
There’s no big deal about bad goal kicking as long as you win. We belted them in so many areas, it was only the finishing that made it close.
They are ( were ) our bogey team. They fielded their best team for the year and still knocked them off. Like B B A W said “ let’s just enjoy the moment “

Points make a game more fascinating in some ways. Pretty sure, from memory, in the 1947 GF, Melbourne kicked 7 goals, 28 to actually draw the match. I think they won the replay too. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:45 pm

Won against GWS & 3 Umpires.

Happy!
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:46 pm

Isn’t it rewarding seeing players in roles that suit the best of their abilities? Instead of trying to make square pegs fit round holes. Hosk, Sidey, and several others look like the clock’s been turned back five years, playing their best footy again.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:47 pm

We won but not very Convincing.

Effort was there but my God Goal Kicking was Atrocious and Ball use not much Better

Scumps where Disgusting 1 sided in last Qtr

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:48 pm

Great win, so many valid post game quotes, but i've only picked a small selection to comment on.

Firstly, let's all appreciate we broke a hoodoo going back to 2018, amplified by the 2019PF loss; still one of the great umpiring stich ups of all time, which cost us a GF spot against Bitchmond.
I f%cking HATE GWS; the AFL bastard redhead step-child club, who absolutely nobody wanted in this competition, other than the arrogant fat narcistic Greek flog who conceived this farce.
A total cesspool of wasted 1st round draft picks, many of whom left in search of greener pastures at other clubs.

However, many of that early haul of priority picks were fielded against us today, namely Green, Whitfield, Kelly, Taylor, Coniglio and Taranto - who are arguably all better footballers than ANY of our players listed, with the exception of JDG [at his best], and perhaps Grundy.
So to defeat them again after many years of complacency, was somewhat rewarding.
I was concerned that we might not show up today; they did pants us quite convincingly in that pre-season game, so I was far from confident things had turned around since then. Their run has troubled us for a while now.

Monco Matt wrote:
I very rarely if ever complain about umpiring, but the last qtr display from them was the most disgusting attempt at pulling another team back into the game that I have ever seen.
I won't go through the details as we all know what I'm talking about, absolute scumbags!

Nick Brown (13); Collingwood hating putrid turd. The other two inept imbecile maggots pale in comparison to this arsehat of a thing.

Monco Matt wrote:
Anyway, we were so damn good today, really proud of the effort. Should have won so easily but again our conversion is just awful and it cannot continue like this.
I just want a game where we win without the massive end game heart attacks! Is that asking too much? So, in summary F&#k You umpires, go the Mighty Pies!

Effort cannot be faulted; however today should be a tell-tale sign that more goal kicking practice is required at training.
Another light week on the track for the squad please.

shawthing wrote:
Disappointing last quarter. The umpires were simply cheats. How do they get away with it? Last night we see a Richmond player cleaned up without so much as a free kick.
Today we saw a 100 metre penalty paid against us because the umpire got disobeyed. Frankly I'm sick to death of the AFL. Pure amateur hour. Why don't they take a leaf from a true professional football league - the NFL.

100%; the sooner this knob CEO pisses off into oblivion, the better.
And take your cockhead rules committee with you too; the single biggest blight we have on the game at present, and turning the crowds away in droves.
Seriously - how do these inept fucktards keep their employment?

shawthing wrote:
BTW Brian Taylor is a low life scum. There he was in the heat of the last quarter trying to dig up more dirt on Quaynor and Ginnivan. Time somebody stopped that fat bastard in his own tracks!

Stupid bitter old man grinding his 1990 axe over us instead of directing his anger, where it rightfully belongs: at Matthews.
This idiot and co-idiot Ling simply aren't commentators' arseholes, merely arsehole commentators; therein lies the difference.

GO PIES!

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:48 pm

Nah it was a convincing win. We flattered them in the end with a false dawn due to our inaccuracy at goal, but we absolutely pulled their pants down and spanked. We all got to see a bit of side bottom too Wink
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:50 pm

^^ Everything Piedys said above! 👏
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:02 pm

Got the all important 4pts but disappointing we let slip a great opportunity to build our percentage.

Fly would leave that game proud but frustrated we allowed the opposition a whiff of hope due to our inaccuracy.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:05 pm

Just watched the replay. Neither the umpiring nor the commentary were as bad as some people makes out.

Umpires made 1 bad call on Moore. We got some lucky frees, and so did GWS. Umps missed some frees for us and for GWS. The double 50 against Adams was the correct call.

Commentating was fine. Whoever said the BT was trying to dredge up something asking about IQ and Ginni needs to settle down.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:06 pm

^ Yes, we did blow a gilt-edged opportunity to get some percentage. But, you know what? I don't care about percentage this season, it just isn't about that. The fact that we are even talking about percentage tells me what an amazing year this has been. At this stage let's just see an 8th placed finish as a huge accomplishment.

MONCO: Your life.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:07 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:

Thanking you oh Great Sensei! Razz

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:09 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Let’s put some perspective into things.

We are 2 games from top of the ladder.

We were given no hope at the beginning of the year.

We don’t really have a forward line, and the one we do is a mixture of Elliot, who hasn’t played a lot of footy last few years, couple developing young forwards in Ginnivan and Henry, plus a forward who played most of his career as a fullbacker.

We also had one of the worst weeks the clubs gone through and we still beat a side full of first round draft picks.

Let’s just enjoy the moment.

It’s odd isn’t it. You can finish 17th last year, be off 5 wins in a row and 7th on the ladder and some peoples first instinct is to complain about bad kicking. If I thought the players set out to do it, then I’d be worried. That’s footy. If it was that easy, we wouldn’t have a need for point posts.
There’s no big deal about bad goal kicking as long as you win. We belted them in so many areas, it was only the finishing that made it close.
They are ( were ) our bogey team. They fielded their best team for the year and still knocked them off. Like B B A W said “ let’s just enjoy the moment “

Points make a game more fascinating in some ways. Pretty sure, from memory, in the 1947 GF, Melbourne kicked 7 goals, 28 to actually draw the match. I think they won the replay too. Surprised

Behinds certainly contribute to so few draws in the game. I did a quick exercise on our horrendous, inaccurate goal kicking standards. We have kicked more points than goals six times this season, while the reigning premiers have done it five times. Sometimes you click in front of goal, sometimes you don’t, regardless of that same team doing everything right further up the ground. It’s been happening for 100 years and I don’t see it changing anytime soon.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:09 pm

piedys wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

Thanking you oh Great Sensei! Razz

I second that! All Dyso says is gospel and we all say so it be true! Cool

MONCO: Your life.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:13 pm

The Fly is a friggin Genius, fact. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11   

Jump to: