Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The "What do we get for Beams?" thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Ink and Swoop. It's basically the same deal we almost took last week when Geelong backed out. Though now we get 23 or 25 instead of 21 and Crisp comes in to make up for it. Can't take less than that.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:35 pm

I dont know a lot about Crisp.

I wont hold the fact that he was a rookie selection against him. Some great players have come from those drafts. Including out last premiership captain. (And the last Brownlow medallist). Razz

He's just turned 21 last week, he's 190 in height and seems a bit light at 83kg.

What we HAVE to do is get pick 5 right.

Museman 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:36 pm
Post subject: Re: Crisp 5 and 25. What are we waiting for?Reply with quote

princem007 wrote:
Crisp looks a likely type, big bodied 190cm mid forward.

I say get the deal done if beamsy doesn't want to be there.

We can pick up a star at 5.

With greenwood and Varcoe wanting to come we can on sell pick 25 to Roos and 30 to cats for Varcoe and try to get a lower second rounder for Harry from dees.

We have a superstar in Moore at pick 9.

I say get the deal done. Fait accompli.

OK!

But we should probably put in a call to Brisbane first and ask if they want our beer fridge as well.

Full of course, we wouldn't want to upset them.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:37 pm

^^A player starts with some value based on where they were picked. Broomhead started with more than Crisp so is definitely worth more as a player.

I'm not ruling out the possibility that Crisp could be a decent player. It doesn't look that way just yet, but if our recruiters think he's now worthy of a draft pick in the 20s then the deal goes from terrible to acceptable. I really doubt the Lions would get more than a 4th rounder for him though.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:39 pm

Museman wrote:
princem007 wrote:

With greenwood and Varcoe wanting to come we can on sell pick 25 to Roos and 30 to cats for Varcoe and try to get a lower second rounder for Harry from dees.

OK!

But we should probably put in a call to Brisbane first and ask if they want our beer fridge as well.

The beer fridge is untouchable.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Harvey 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:39 pm

Domesticated_Ape wrote:
Harvey, I'd actually prefer Crisp and pick 23 to pick 17 alone. I know you said 25, but that would be with North getting 23 for Greenwood.

Give Hine 2 picks in the top 23 and he'll get us 2 good players. The draft is very even this year, so whoever we want at 17 might still be there at 23 and Crisp has a bit to like about him. I care about the player he is now, not what he was when taken at pick 40 in a rookie draft 3 years ago.

Skids - Thanks mate, we do our best Razz

Problem is if we take Crisp it means we need to delist another player on our list to make a spot for him.

So far we've had Maxwell, Ball, Lynch and Clarke retire. We'll also be letting go of Beams and Lumumba so that's 6 spots on our list.

If we take pick 5 + 25, Moore, Greenwood, Varcoe, Crisp and upgrade Frost to the senior list, that's 7 spots and it means we'll need to delist another player. Probably someone like a Ramsay or an Armstrong. It'll effectively be like trading Ramsay or Armstrong for Crisp and even if Crisp shows some promise, I would argue Ramsay or Armstrong has better potential.

Most likely taking Crisp would be like trading one list clogger for another and personally I'd back our list cloggers to Brisbanes! A Ramsay/Armstrong + pick 17 is more appealing to me than Crisp + 25
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:46 pm

the medical ... that's what we're waiting for.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:47 pm

^^Hopefully we find one of them has Ebola. Maybe too harsh. Make it cancer Very Happy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:48 pm

Museman wrote:
princem007 wrote:

OK!

Ok, well I can probably fill a couple of 6-packs, as long as I get to drink them first.

Anyone think they can piss out a whole slab? We gotta get the trade done soon!
Museman 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:48 pm

John Wren wrote:
the medical ... that's what we're waiting for.

Psych evaluation for our trade team lets hope.
Museman 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:52 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Hopefully we find one of them has Ebola. Maybe too harsh. Make it cancer Very Happy.

Nah ebolas good, hopefully their whole farking team catches it....and their 14 supporters Evil or Very Mad
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:54 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

appreciate the sentiments but in light of the current climate, probably not cancer either. there's not really any affliction that can be considered amusing given the type of injuries the club has sustained.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:54 pm

Harvey wrote:
Domesticated_Ape wrote:
Harvey, I'd actually prefer Crisp and pick 23 to pick 17 alone. I know you said 25, but that would be with North getting 23 for Greenwood.

Give Hine 2 picks in the top 23 and he'll get us 2 good players. The draft is very even this year, so whoever we want at 17 might still be there at 23 and Crisp has a bit to like about him. I care about the player he is now, not what he was when taken at pick 40 in a rookie draft 3 years ago.

Skids - Thanks mate, we do our best Razz

Problem is if we take Crisp it means we need to delist another player on our list to make a spot for him.

So far we've had Maxwell, Ball, Lynch and Clarke retire. We'll also be letting go of Beams and Lumumba so that's 6 spots on our list.

If we take pick 5 + 25, Moore, Greenwood, Varcoe, Crisp and upgrade Frost to the senior list, that's 7 spots and it means we'll need to delist another player. Probably someone like a Ramsay or an Armstrong. It'll effectively be like trading Ramsay or Armstrong for Crisp and even if Crisp shows some promise, I would argue Ramsay or Armstrong has better potential.

Most likely taking Crisp would be like trading one list clogger for another and personally I'd back our list cloggers to Brisbanes! A Ramsay/Armstrong + pick 17 is more appealing to me than Crisp + 25

Ah, good point!

What are the rules regarding rookies and veterans? Is it possible that we can have an extra listed player if we take less rookies or with Maxy retiring or something? I'm not across this stuff.

The other option might be if Ramsey or someone could agree to be down graded to the rookie list like Gault was.

The club must have a plan if we're considering Crisp. I hope it doesn't involve giving up that pick in the 20's. Confused
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:57 pm

"Jack Crisp has successfully undergone a medical test at the Westpac Centre, and will tomorrow be a Magpie along with picks 5 and 25 for star midfielder, Dayne Beams according to 1116 SEN."

That's what we were waiting for.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:59 pm

^^That's good news. I don't think SEN have got anything else right regarding this deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 58 of 67   

Jump to: