Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The "What do we get for Beams?" thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Museman wrote:
Rourke has done not much more than pick 5 has at this stage Very Happy

Btw if they don't want to let any of the current list go(when did they all become stars???)

Then the best we can do is....Dayne Beams!

Don't know too much about O'Rourke other than he was a P2 in 2012. Certainly hasn't come on as you'd expect and I don't know if there have been injury issues. Appears to be very outside in what I've seen and don't know if that's consistent with his junior footy. Has had 2 years in an AFL system and SHOULD be ready to produce.

has been labelled as non-competitive.

Was he always that way though JW or are there environmental factors at play? Kid had to be P2 for a reason.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:03 pm

burton wrote:
I think picks 4 and 24 would be a fair deal and I think this is what we should ask for. I don't like the Lions but we have to look at things from their perspective for a minute. Trading a young player would render the recruitment of Beams completely pointless. We're not being screwed over, we knew Dayne was a Queenslander when we recruited him and had to know there was a chance he would elect to return at some stage.

Henderson + picks for Fev... Kennedy + picks for Judd... history suggests otherwise.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:07 pm

burton wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
burton wrote:
I think picks 4 and 24 would be a fair deal and I think this is what we should ask for. I don't like the Lions but we have to look at things from their perspective for a minute. Trading a young player would render the recruitment of Beams completely pointless. We're not being screwed over, we knew Dayne was a Queenslander when we recruited him and had to know there was a chance he would elect to return at some stage.

I'd be extremely upset if Collingwood allowed that sort of trade for Beams.
We get pick 4 (or 5) and a ready-made player or it's no-deal. Whether the ready made mid is from Brisbane or whether it's a multi-club deal I don't care, but we must have a replacement player and a high pick. Pick 24 it crazy talk in my opinion.

Your mis-perception is two-fold. One in thinking we hold all the cards. He could walk for nothing in twelve months time if we're too greedy. Two in thinking we are an attractive option for any prospective young player. We are the better half of a decade away from our next premiership window opening.

And take his chances in the draft, still doesn't get him to the Brions.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:59 pm

Some have labelled O'Rourke as a Cale Morton type, a flashy outside receiver that looks good at U18 level but struggles with the increased pressure and attention they'll receive at the highest level.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:34 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Some have labelled O'Rourke as a Cale Morton type, a flashy outside receiver that looks good at U18 level but struggles with the increased pressure and attention they'll receive at the highest level.

Not what we want then.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:41 pm

burton wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
burton wrote:

I'd be extremely upset if Collingwood allowed that sort of trade for Beams.
We get pick 4 (or 5) and a ready-made player or it's no-deal. Whether the ready made mid is from Brisbane or whether it's a multi-club deal I don't care, but we must have a replacement player and a high pick. Pick 24 it crazy talk in my opinion.

Your mis-perception is two-fold. One in thinking we hold all the cards. He could walk for nothing in twelve months time if we're too greedy. Two in thinking we are an attractive option for any prospective young player. We are the better half of a decade away from our next premiership window opening.

You're dead wrong. Beams is contracted. At the end of 2015 he can field offers which we can match. If he still wants out then he goes into the draft. Collingwood has the aces and Brisbane knows it. Of course they will stall and try to screw us over, but we won't be screwed over and Brisbane knows it. By all means call me out on mistakes, I am known to make plenty, but check your facts first.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:07 pm

I wouldn't be worried by Brisbane's tactics. They'll offer more than pick 4, guaranteed.

I think though that they'll hold firm on not trading away their young talent. And good on them, they're a team that's building and have finally put together quite a strong list. No reason why they should sacrifice that.

What will happen is we'll get pick 4 and another 1st round or almost 1st round pick. Probably one that Brisbane get in return for Merrett or Patfull. One or both of these picks will be on-traded for an established player.

Museman 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:28 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
I wouldn't be worried by Brisbane's tactics. They'll offer more than pick 4, guaranteed.

I think though that they'll hold firm on not trading away their young talent. And good on them, they're a team that's building and have finally put together quite a strong list. No reason why they should sacrifice that.

What will happen is we'll get pick 4 and another 1st round or almost 1st round pick. Probably one that Brisbane get in return for Merrett or Patfull. One or both of these picks will be on-traded for an established player.

How is a turning 30 Merrett or patfull worth a first rnd pick?

Pick 4 is a no brainer....who wouldn't give it up for a quality young mid, it's a could be v's an IS....

No... it needs to be more than 4 and steak knives and it needs to be more than 4 and another could be......
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:04 pm

^^We'll get a player in the deal but it may not be from Brisbane is what I'm saying.

And pick 4 and a decent player with potential to be more is what it will take. Unless we can get the Suns involved in negotiations we're not in a position to get a great deal.

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:11 pm

I hope the deal gets done. I'd hate for him to walk next year. Pick 4 seems a goer, but it's the "and a player" that seems to be the sticking point. I can't see them parting with Rockliff, Hanley, Rich, Redden, Zorko or Aish.

What about a combination of the following Victorians - Mitch Golby, Jack Crisp, Tom Cutler or Ryan Lester.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:33 pm

I'd rather just take an early second round/late first round pick other than a player unless they're considered at the same level of someone like an Adams and can improve the side going forward and be a best 22 player next year.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:53 pm

Id be happy with pick 4 and Lewis
Museman 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:01 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^We'll get a player in the deal but it may not be from Brisbane is what I'm saying.

And pick 4 and a decent player with potential to be more is what it will take. Unless we can get the Suns involved in negotiations we're not in a position to get a great deal.

I think we are if we hold our nerve....

Brisbane are being the prats here, why should another club need be involved?? they are already getting our 2nd best mid, a top 10 league mid...

They are lowballing simple as that, They have every right to expect to have to give up a developing(Aish) or an established slightly lower level(redden) along with a high pick 4(5), this in not a primo pick it's not 1 or 2, the true standout will be gone by that pick.....

Check out the 2008 draft again, redo the draft..... who would go 1??

We are giving up a number 1 pick, at present he's the best thing to come out of that draft.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:29 am

Museman wrote:
Check out the 2008 draft again, redo the draft..... who would go 1??

Well, Sidebottom, obviously. But I don't think that was the answer you wanted?
Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:04 am

Look fellas, expecting pick 4 and Aish is ridiculous and we will never get it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 7 of 67   

Jump to: