Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match: Magpies v. Demons. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Lazza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
When you try to be cute when insulting people you look like a massive egotistic dickhead.

Then I'll try to be even cuter because not even your parents or family can ever win with your type of totally illogical and plainly misguided thinking.

What other people think of me is none of my business......................... Rolling Eyes

Never has been. Cool

Explain how it's misguided or illogical thinking?

You missed the point I was trying to make in my earlier post Flashman. In a nutshell I said I disagreed with most of the negative comments here (mainly because it is only round 3 of a very long season but for other valid reasons too), however I stated that everyone had a right to express their views.

What'sinaname then replied rudely thus: "When you try to be cute when insulting people you look like a massive egotistic dickhead."

I stated that such a reply contained misguided or illogical thinking. Rolling Eyes

Sorry I took it that you were calling on those of us who have very grave concerns about our teams direction at present misguided or illogical when their really is legimate cause for concern imo.

My apologies Lazza.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:40 pm

Flashman wrote:
The questions being asked and the pressure being placed on Buckley and the club by supporters are entirely justified and not a sign of disloyalty or ingratitude like some try to portray it as.

Yep, the posters have every right to express an opinion. Freedom of speech.
The others also have every right to disagree, challenge or confront another poster's opinion. Freedom of speech. It's a discussion board after all, not a "total compliance with each others every opinion" board. Rolling Eyes

I just happen to think that urgently building a panic station and medicating yourself with Xanax is definitely not required at the moment, especially after a mere 3 rounds into the 2016 season. There will be plenty of time, for the sun to disappear forever and the sky to fall on the Chicken Little’s in their medicated states of mind inside their very own panic stations, at the end of the season. Razz Cool

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:53 pm

Melbourne and the Dogs went past us last year (amongst others), Saints this year, every game this $£$%^%%$ parrot coaches us is a kick in the guts, Melbourne by 5 goals.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:55 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
Melbourne and the Dogs went past us last year (amongst others), Saints this year, every game this $£$%^%%$ parrot coaches us is a kick in the guts, Melbourne by 5 goals.

hasn't taken you long to revert to type. really thought you might have changed over the off season sugarman.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:56 pm

Flashman wrote:
Lazza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
When you try to be cute when insulting people you look like a massive egotistic dickhead.

Then I'll try to be even cuter because not even your parents or family can ever win with your type of totally illogical and plainly misguided thinking.

What other people think of me is none of my business......................... Rolling Eyes

Never has been. Cool

The team isn't performing to expectations. The coach is in his 5th year and the returns have gone backwards steadily. Our game plan is a dogs breakfast that sees the same mistakes being made week in and out and the promised turnaround (Buckley said publicly in 2014 that we'd be better in 2015 and 16) hasn't looked like eventuating.

Surely even you must be getting worried? Or are you as complacent and gullible as the others who think Buckley is working to a grand plan that will suddenly click in the magic year of 2017-18-19-20.....based on blind hope and optimism and very scant evidence.

I want Buckley to succeed as much as anyone but I'm sorry to say I just don't think he's the man for the job and the side will need to dramatically change it's performance (and I'm not talking wins/losses although some wins would be good) to convince me otherwise.

The questions being asked and the pressure being placed on Buckley and the club by supporters are entirely justified and not a sign of disloyalty or ingratitude like some try to portray it as.

Great post Flashman!

I hate seeing Bucks in this position because deep down we all want him to mastermind a new dynasty with him leading the way as coach but I think most of us have been reasonably patient in the last few years and have given him the benefit of the doubt when so many would have been facing mounting criticism a long time ago, but if things continue like this I can't see how this can go on for much longer.

After five seasons, I can't see a visible game plan and one that the players are buying into and believe in. After early failings, we gave him the chance to build his own squad to his own liking and I was happy to support that move towards building a squad even though other supporters thought we dismantled our team far too early and prematurely, but how much more lower do we have to fall before it sinks in with the majority that this isn't working.

I want this man to turn it around and become a champion coach for us but blind faith and optimism has got us nowhere in recent times and the evidence before me suggests we're not turning this around under Bucks. This man has had everything dictated around his needs and the excuses that are being dished out recently are no longer stacking up and if we continue to deteriorate more supporters will change their opinions of him.

I think our list is decent and with proper development and tweaking in the next few years we could see some success but the squad just looks clueless on the playing field, the players lack confidence and they don't seem to know where they're supposed to position themselves and the poor skill level just perpetuates these problems further.

Watching a replay on TV doesn't do it justice of how poor our structures are and why St.Kilda had a field day against us. They were a 40-point side better than us and we're lucky we didn't play someone like the Hawks or Bulldogs on Saturday because it would have been ugly to say the least. I feel like we're only better than three sides in the competition and that's Essendon, Carlton and Brisbane so that's how much we've fallen in my view. We have a more talented list than at least 40% of the competition but our game plan (or lack of it) stinks and it reflects on how we play.

I'm growing tired that any criticism directed towards the coach and his assistants is depicted as a sign that you're impatient and some (mainly on social media) go as far as saying you should follow another club. It's immature, petty and borders on someone who's run out of arguments in being able to defend the coach. For what it's worth, so many this pre-season were tipping us to push the top four but I thought just making the finals or narrowly missing out would be good enough but even that now looks like a remote dream.

I've sat through a 10-goal loss against Carlton in early 2012, sat through a 10-goal loss against Fremantle in the first round of 2014, sat through a 10-goal loss against Essendon in 2014, sat through a 10-goal loss against Brisbane in 2014, sat through a 10-goal loss against Hawthorn in the final round of 2014, sat through a bad loss to Melbourne last year, sat through a 15-goal loss against Richmond, I travelled to Sydney in round 1 and sat through a 15-goal loss and I've defended the coach on numerous occasions especially after these matches but after Saturday my faith in him turning things around is gone, but I'll still rock him up next Sunday and support the side against Melbourne.

We may indeed beat the likes of Melbourne, Essendon, Carlton and Brisbane (fingers crossed) in the next few weeks and it'll provide short-term relief for Bucks and the supporters, but long-term I still think the inevitable will transpire so it's really a matter of when rather than if. I want to be wrong because I $£$%^%%$ love Bucks (he was my favourite player as a young kid) but how much longer can this go on especially if there's no improvement in the near future?

Last edited by Jezza on Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:14 pm

John Wren wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

hasn't taken you long to revert to type. really thought you might have changed over the off season sugarman.

I decided to give him a fair go, and I did, but after 3 pathetic performances enough is enough.

You like this.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:16 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

I decided to give him a fair go, and I did, but after 3 pathetic performances enough is enough.

what's a fair go in your book? please don't ever become the fair work ombudsman. Wink

themonk 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:21 pm

Jezza wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Lazza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Never has been. Cool

The team isn't performing to expectations. The coach is in his 5th year and the returns have gone backwards steadily. Our game plan is a dogs breakfast that sees the same mistakes being made week in and out and the promised turnaround (Buckley said publicly in 2014 that we'd be better in 2015 and 16) hasn't looked like eventuating.

Surely even you must be getting worried? Or are you as complacent and gullible as the others who think Buckley is working to a grand plan that will suddenly click in the magic year of 2017-18-19-20.....based on blind hope and optimism and very scant evidence.

I want Buckley to succeed as much as anyone but I'm sorry to say I just don't think he's the man for the job and the side will need to dramatically change it's performance (and I'm not talking wins/losses although some wins would be good) to convince me otherwise.

Great post Flashman!

I hate seeing Bucks in this position because deep down we all want him to mastermind a new dynasty with him leading the way as coach but I think most of us have been reasonably patient in the last few years and have given him the benefit of the doubt when so many would have been facing mounting criticism a long time ago, but if things continue like this I can't see how this can go on for much longer.

After five seasons, I can't see a visible game plan and one that the players are buying into and believe in. After early failings, we gave him the chance to build his own squad to his own liking and I was happy to support that move towards building a squad even though other supporters thought we dismantled our team far too early and prematurely, but how much more lower do we have to fall before it sinks in with the majority that this isn't working.

I want this man to turn it around and become a champion coach for us but blind faith and optimism has got us nowhere in recent times and the evidence before me suggests we're not turning this around under Bucks. This man has had everything dictated around his needs and the excuses that are being dished out recently are no longer stacking up and if we continue to deteriorate more supporters will change their opinions of him.

I think our list is decent and with proper development and tweaking in the next few years we could see some success but the squad just looks clueless on the playing field, the players lack confidence and they don't seem to know where they're supposed to position themselves and the poor skill level just perpetuates these problems further.

Watching a replay on TV doesn't do it justice of how poor our structures are and why St.Kilda had a field day against us. They were a 40-point side better than us and we're lucky we didn't play someone like the Hawks or Bulldogs on Saturday because it would have been ugly to say the least. I feel like we're only better than three sides in the competition that's Essendon, Carlton and Brisbane so that's how much we've fallen in my view. We have a more talented list than about 40% of the competition but our game plan (or lack of it) stinks and it reflects on how we play.

I'm growing tired that any criticism directed towards the coach and his assistants is depicted as a sign that you're impatient or you're a '"perceptive fellow"' as some would say and some (mainly on social media) go as far as saying you should follow another club. It's immature, petty and borders on someone who's run out of arguments in being able to defend the coach. For what it's worth, so many this pre-season were tipping us to push the top four but I thought just making the finals or narrowly missing out would be good enough but even that now looks like a remote dream.

I've sat through a 10-goal loss against Carlton in early 2012, sat through a 10-goal loss against Fremantle in the first round of 2014, sat through a 10-goal loss against Essendon in 2014, sat through a 10-goal loss against Brisbane in 2014, sat through a 10-goal loss against Hawthorn in the final round of 2014, sat through a bad loss to Melbourne last year, sat through a 15-goal loss against Richmond, I travelled to Sydney in round 1 and sat through a 15-goal loss and I've defended the coach on numerous occasions especially after these matches but after Saturday my faith in him turning things around is gone, but I'll still rock him up next Sunday and support the side against Melbourne.

We may indeed beat the likes of Melbourne, Essendon, Carlton and Brisbane (fingers crossed) in the next few weeks and it'll provide short-term relief for Bucks and the supporters, but long-term I still think the inevitable will transpire so it's really a matter of when rather than if. I want to be wrong because I $£$%^%%$ love Bucks (he was my favourite player as a young kid) but how much longer can this go on especially if there's no improvement in the near future?

Nailed it, I experienced the same feeling on Saturday & yes we all hope he can turn it around and that's still possible. However for the sake of the club we have to start preparing for an alternative.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:24 pm

John Wren wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

what's a fair go in your book? please don't ever become the fair work ombudsman. Wink

For a coach into his 5th season, after 3 games and we seem to have gone backwards again, fair enough of a go for ya?

You like this.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:47 pm

themonk wrote:
However for the sake of the club we have to start preparing for an alternative.

OK just for the sake of active debate, could you tell me a few of these alternatives please?

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:52 pm

There's a whole thread for alternatives Lazza. Stop being so obtuse and pretending that this poor form is just 3 weeks old. We've stunk since 2014 and horribly so since mid last year.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:09 pm

Flashman wrote:
Sorry I took it that you were calling on those of us who have very grave concerns about our teams direction at present misguided or illogical when their really is legimate cause for concern imo.

My apologies Lazza.

Not a problem at all Flash. Cool

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:13 pm

Well let's hope th coach/coaches have ripped a few them new ones after that St Kilda performance
If Moore's injured then i would take a punt on Cox. Play him in the 10 square let him use his strength and height. Cloke plays CHF
Cox switches to ruck and Grundy can rest forward or on the pine.
Goldy was very underwhelming last week so I should bring in Toovey who by all reports has been good to OK in the seconds.
Play Toovey at HBF assuming Williams is out and free up Pendles to play purely midfield only.
Goldy plays forward and has to be our pressure leader and rally the likes of Fas and DeGoey to follow.
Greenwood goes to Jones Crisp to Vince and tell them if there more than 2m at any contest away from there opponent then they will be playing seconds for a few months
Varcoe and Sidey come back in at the expense of Blair and ???? Take you pick of several
If Browns out then really we don't have many options than to play White down back hope Browns good

Team should be something like

B Langdon Brown Toovey
HB Varcoe Reid Oxley
C Pendles Greenwod Crisp
HF DeGoey Cloke Sidey
F Goldy Cox Fasalo
R Grundy Adams Treloar
Int Aish Maynard Sinclair Howe
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:20 pm

Jezza wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Lazza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Never has been. Cool

Great post Flashman!

Watching a replay on TV doesn't do it justice of how poor our structures are and why St.Kilda had a field day against us. They were a 40-point side better than us and we're lucky we didn't play someone like the Hawks or Bulldogs on Saturday because it would have been ugly to say the least. I feel like we're only better than three sides in the competition and that's Essendon, Carlton and Brisbane so that's how much we've fallen in my view. We have a more talented list than at least 40% of the competition but our game plan (or lack of it) stinks and it reflects on how we play.

I'm growing tired that any criticism directed towards the coach and his assistants is depicted as a sign that you're impatient and some (mainly on social media) go as far as saying you should follow another club. It's immature, petty and borders on someone who's run out of arguments in being able to defend the coach. For what it's worth, so many this pre-season were tipping us to push the top four but I thought just making the finals or narrowly missing out would be good enough but even that now looks like a remote dream.

If someone as reasoned, measured, sensible and loyal as Jezza is losing faith
then it's time to be really,really worried.

No one wants Bucks to fail but it's time to face facts, at present and after the past 3 years he is failing. The game plan is an abomination, the players are bereft of confidence, look like they have no clue how to implement the plan as it is, and we are so far behind even the middle of the road sides,let alone the best teams,in regards to watch ability and excitement that it's downright scary.

A real sense of arrogance, complacency and tedium seems to have pervaded the club from the top down, which is probably exacerbated by our football team stinking so much. We've been in front for 40 minutes out of 6 hours of football thus far this season. This is a sure sign of an uncompetitive side that has gone backwards.

Last edited by Flashman on Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:20 pm

IF we can shut down Vince and step on Gartlett's foot early on in the game. His pace is a worry for our backman , Sinclair, Varcoe or Aish could go with him I doubt Toovey can catch him in a foot race

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 7 of 27   

Jump to: