Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Blues. All comments, please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpiefan3 wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Watching live at the ground must have been different then TV by reading some of the comments

Our best by a mile today was Adams. His pressure constantly on there mids was nothing short of incredible. He must have had 100 pressure acts and his hard at it approach scared there players they didn’t like the physical side of the game
Young Daicos is really staring to find his feet he run all day and his work on the wing was a big reason we won
IQ is going to be anything. He reads play very well and he worked hard through the middle all day to give team mates a option
That was Thomas best game in 12 months finally got his hands in it
Cox is much maligned here but watching love he straightens us up and he gets the ball to ground. Jones grabbed at him all day and they sent a extra defender his way all the time with ball in the air and he got it to ground for Stephenson and co to work off
Moore is a AA defender hands down
Maynard is a beast
Crisp is a awesome player sna show great ability to get to the right place at the right time
Checkers work off the ball to take defenders away from the contest shouldn’t be under estimated he’s a true team man
Pendles was good without being great but did a lot of work on Cripps when he went into the middle
Grundy didn’t have his best day and I watched him hard in the second half and he’s obviously carrying a groin or high quad injury. He wasn’t getting around the ground as normal and his leap was limited but he still tried hard which is a given for him. He needs a rest bad but we can’t afford him not to play
Tyler Brown will be a player when he gets used to AFL footy. Got lost a few times today ball watching but he has courage and very good hands

Sitting near a bunch of Carlton wankers who wanted a free given every time a scum player got tackled become very annoying very quickly. And at half time they state singing the team song saying it was over. I obliged by a hearty rendition of good ole Collingwood forever at the final siren as they left flipping me the bird
A good win but we need to be most consistent in our effort and improve our kicking in all areas of the ground

In regards was there more Collingwood supporters there than Carlton?

It appeared so but there was many footy supporters just watching
Near me was fairly 50/50 but I saw some lions supporters just there watching footy as well
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:36 pm

^near me was 95% blues supporters. The fourth quarter was very sweet watching the blue baggers hit the road early.

I agree about comments from those weren’t able to make it to the game compared to my impressions from being there. Some players better in person others not so. I won’t name names as it doesn’t feel right after such a great day win. There’ was one player who I thought just wasn’t up to it with poor decision making and inability to stop his opponents. Hope he improves.

Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:38 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Magpiefan3 wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Watching live at the ground must have been different then TV by reading some of the comments

Our best by a mile today was Adams. His pressure constantly on there mids was nothing short of incredible. He must have had 100 pressure acts and his hard at it approach scared there players they didn’t like the physical side of the game
Young Daicos is really staring to find his feet he run all day and his work on the wing was a big reason we won
IQ is going to be anything. He reads play very well and he worked hard through the middle all day to give team mates a option
That was Thomas best game in 12 months finally got his hands in it
Cox is much maligned here but watching love he straightens us up and he gets the ball to ground. Jones grabbed at him all day and they sent a extra defender his way all the time with ball in the air and he got it to ground for Stephenson and co to work off
Moore is a AA defender hands down
Maynard is a beast
Crisp is a awesome player sna show great ability to get to the right place at the right time
Checkers work off the ball to take defenders away from the contest shouldn’t be under estimated he’s a true team man
Pendles was good without being great but did a lot of work on Cripps when he went into the middle
Grundy didn’t have his best day and I watched him hard in the second half and he’s obviously carrying a groin or high quad injury. He wasn’t getting around the ground as normal and his leap was limited but he still tried hard which is a given for him. He needs a rest bad but we can’t afford him not to play
Tyler Brown will be a player when he gets used to AFL footy. Got lost a few times today ball watching but he has courage and very good hands

Sitting near a bunch of Carlton wankers who wanted a free given every time a scum player got tackled become very annoying very quickly. And at half time they state singing the team song saying it was over. I obliged by a hearty rendition of good ole Collingwood forever at the final siren as they left flipping me the bird
A good win but we need to be most consistent in our effort and improve our kicking in all areas of the ground

In regards was there more Collingwood supporters there than Carlton?

It appeared so but there was many footy supporters just watching
Near me was fairly 50/50 but I saw some lions supporters just there watching footy as well

On the TV it looked mostly people where sitting on the top deck with social distancing.

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:43 pm

Second thoughts.
The mark by IQ in the pack whilst the Blues were charging was a Leo Barry Moment.
Tyler Brown could be a super star.... been saying that for a while.
But it could go either way.
Has that amazing awareness and skill.
Time will tell.
I am not a Cameron fan but he took the second ruck so Cox stayed forward.
If Cameron is dropped it would mean Cox would have to be taken out of the forward line and into second ruck.
A number of people have called for Cox to be traded.
But what will happen if Grundy went down with no Cox?
Cameron and Lynch would be the rucks.
That doesn't look good.
Elliot in the last few years has struggled with a bigger and fast player on him when he went forward.
By being in the midfield he hasn't got that attention and he is now starting to play good footy.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:44 pm

^Pretty much the case. Top deck only really.
I booked my tickets at the first opportunity through interstate membership and still got the very back row, WW, as best available.
They have complete empty rows for social distancing.

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:48 pm

"Sitting near a bunch of Carlton wankers who wanted a free given every time a scum player got tackled become very annoying very quickly. And at half time they state singing the team song saying it was over. I obliged by a hearty rendition of good ole Collingwood forever at the final siren as they left flipping me the bird"

Nothing better than sitting near a bunch of insufferable opposition supporters and snagging the win. It's the icing on the cake. Very Happy

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:55 pm

Mayne to spent the night in hospital.

I think we might make only the one change Vs Lions.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:56 pm

The Lanky Yank Coxy is back on deck, must stay in now, hes miles ahead of Cameron, thats been decided now, once and for all.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:25 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
The Lanky Yank Coxy is back on deck, must stay in now, hes miles ahead of Cameron, thats been decided now, once and for all.

Difficult to decide. cameron didnt do a great deal, but he relieved for Grundy in the ruck and allowed cox to stay forward more. cox, stepho and JT tonight found some of that 2018 magic. Imagine when JDG enters the picture as well.
I want to find room for Ruscoe, but i am not sure if cameron comes out for him.
sorry i wasnt clear. Not difficult to decide re cox. He definitely stays in. Difficult to decide whether cameron does as well.

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:30 pm

How interesting - Bucks took a bit of a swipe at a reporter at the end of his presser. Most unusual for him to single out any media article and the words he spoke were reasonable and contained, but geez, there was such a steely glint in his eyes. Just a reminder of the ferocious determination which still bubbles underneath his calm, considered exterior.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:32 pm

Did not get the chance to watch the game live, and just finished watching the replay. I am pumped. That was reminiscent of us in 2018. cox, stepho and JT rediscovered the magic. But things are different as well. Billie Elliott is becoming a weapon in the midfield. JDG, Adz returning soon.
The loss of Jeremy Howe has been huge, but Jack Madgen is big time stepping up to the plate. He has dash, even speed, composure and the will to find a way. Noble and IQ together are becoming a springboard. Maynard and Moore are excelling.
We are not done with yet. This victory, in my view, is huge. We will go in against the Lions on an ascending curve.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:40 pm

Good to read so,e reviews from those at the game, cheers and thanks

And I hate your guts!

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:49 pm

^The Collingwood chant was still pretty good even with such a small crowd.
It was my missus’ first ever footy game. She loved it. What a game for a debut. Fortunately I controlled my anxiety enough to enjoy it too. Great win.

I singled out Adams earlier as being amazing but another I want to mention is Quaynor. He was great and i felt very confident whenever he had the responsibility to clean up or make an impact. It was like he’d been a part of the team for a long time. Very impressive.

I couldn’t tell but was Maynard getting much of it? I thought his mark in the 3rd was the turning point. Inspirational when we were at risk of crumbling.

Fino 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:50 pm

How good was Tay!!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:52 pm

didick wrote:
^The Collingwood chant was still pretty good even with such a small crowd.
It was my missus’ first ever footy game. She loved it. What a game for a debut. Fortunately I controlled my anxiety enough to enjoy it too. Great win.

I singled out Adams earlier as being amazing but another I want to mention is Quaynor. He was great and i felt very confident whenever he had the responsibility to clean up or make an impact. It was like he’d been a part of the team for a long time. Very impressive.

I couldn’t tell but was Maynard getting much of it? I thought his mark in the 3rd was the turning point. Inspirational when we were at risk of crumbling.

Maynard was brilliant, he really has matured so much, Moore, Maynard, Crisp, Noble and IQ, can really hold their heads high

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12   

Jump to: