Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#36 Brayden Sier

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The ink is a bit extreme, but if he can put it on the field like Swanny... whatever floats his boat.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:43 pm

thoughts on players in the AFL getting a salary cap? these kids have wayyy to much money to spend during there career.

And what I mean by a salary cap, is they can only get a maximum of 300k a season cash....the rest of there contract (whatever the club decides they are worth etc) gets put into a pension fund, for them to access once they retire from the game?

Even 300k is extreme for a 20s young male to be able to live comfortably....

I know the AFLPA will try to shut it down etc, but imagine how much easier it would be for a player to retire at the end of there career knowing they have this 5..6...7 mill nest egg to fall back on. By the time the player is of retiring age, they are more mature, most likely have better life skills and a well screwed on wife to keep them in line.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:01 pm

^ Related to that:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/pay-bonus-for-afl-players-after-70m-revenue-boost-20190813-p52gsg.html
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:50 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Went and had a peak... Seems he's gone to Germany with Mihocek in his offseason but is back and went to the races today.

Cant see anything that damning. Looks like he loves his dog and his mates/family.

Anything with him holding alcohol, although not the best look, is during the AFL off season. I dont think there's anything there that suggests he is an irresponsible drinker or anything like that.

I don’t think that’s what the self-righteous Insta-stalkers want to hear...

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:11 am

woodys_world69 wrote:
thoughts on players in the AFL getting a salary cap? these kids have wayyy to much money to spend during there career.

And what I mean by a salary cap, is they can only get a maximum of 300k a season cash....the rest of there contract (whatever the club decides they are worth etc) gets put into a pension fund, for them to access once they retire from the game?

I know the AFLPA will try to shut it down etc, but imagine how much easier it would be for a player to retire at the end of there career knowing they have this 5..6...7 mill nest egg to fall back on. By the time the player is of retiring age, they are more mature, most likely have better life skills and a well screwed on wife to keep them in line.

I understand your position (I think) but I object vehemently to the premise. I would loathe anyone telling me how much of my salary I could take and how much I must save. That's Big Brother gone too far. Choices are choices and if the kids blow it then that's their issue. Energy would be better spent teaching responsibility and accountability.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:27 pm

I am really not interested in whether he had a beer or not.

The burning question is whether he is preparing himself properly for the next season and working on his fitness and his skills.

So can he now reliably hit a mid range jump shot or not?
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:31 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:

Laughing

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:03 pm

Abdul The Bull wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:

I understand your position (I think) but I object vehemently to the premise. I would loathe anyone telling me how much of my salary I could take and how much I must save. That's Big Brother gone too far. Choices are choices and if the kids blow it then that's their issue. Energy would be better spent teaching responsibility and accountability.

Superannuation?

Lol
K 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:36 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:
Abdul The Bull wrote:
... I object vehemently to the premise. I would loathe anyone telling me how much of my salary I could take and how much I must save. That's Big Brother gone too far. ...

Superannuation?
Lol

Or company cars. Or company paid gym memberships. etc. etc.
slangman 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:58 am

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
I am really not interested in whether he had a beer or not.

The burning question is whether he is preparing himself properly for the next season and working on his fitness and his skills.

The guy isn’t preparing himself properly as has been evident over his whole career thus far.
The club have expressed this many times over the last few years so my observation isn’t anything new.
To win a flag ALL things need to go right and everyone within the organisation needs to be moving in the same direction.
Sier isn't pulling his weight and im a bit sick of his lack of application and attitude.
Shape up or ship out.

themonk 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:27 am

I'm a little confused, are we saying we shouldn't have re-signed Sier cause he likes his beer during the offseason?

Dusty has been seen partying at clubs during the "season" till the early hours drinking water, only water!

Sure Sier needs to lift his work rate but a balance for most young men is necessary to be successful.

I hope the club has more insight on Sier than we do via instagram when making a decision to extend.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:23 am

Dusty has 2 premiership medallions, Phill Inn is more famous for a basketball game than his footy exploits.

Even Swan had to earn back respect after his badboy turn, this aint the way to do it. Hes damn lucky he got a contract at all.

The Stevo comment "it ALMOST put me off gambling, still irks me, is this a culture thing?

i wish someone would tell the kids to pull their heads Inn!

[/i]

slangman 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:14 am

themonk wrote:
I'm a little confused, are we saying we shouldn't have re-signed Sier cause he likes his beer during the offseason?

Dusty has been seen partying at clubs during the "season" till the early hours drinking water, only water!

Sure Sier needs to lift his work rate but a balance for most young men is necessary to be successful.

I hope the club has more insight on Sier than we do via instagram when making a decision to extend.

It’s not necessarily about enjoying a beer. It has more to do with him not giving it his all with his preparation to be able to play top level footy.
Swan made a deliberate effort to improve his fitness after his misdemeanours that nearly got him sacked. He joined in Ben Johnson’s off season
runs that helped him not only redeem himself to the club, but also gave him the fitness base to become the champion that he was.

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:01 am

A picture might not be better than a thousand words.

He could be training his guts out for 2020.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:08 am

By all reports Sier likes a smoke.

That would be okay (well outside the increased health risks) if it wasn't for the fact he's a professional athlete, his endurance base already requires improvement and he plays a sport with a large playing area and one where the capacity to cover ground forward, back and provide repeat sprint efforts is increasingly important year on year for team success.

2020 looms as his make or break season you feel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 7 of 15   

Jump to: