Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade target 2022

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ 4 fantastic handballs.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2021/041120210614.html
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:02 pm

We are desperate for a key forward. This has been the case since Cloke left.

Cox did a good job in 2018 and we almost won the flag. But those days are over.

I'm liking the looks of Liam McMahon in the VFL and have hopes for mid-season draft prospects Aiden Begg and Ash Johnson.

But looking around the league...

Ben King (4th) and Aaron Naughton (7th) feature as young key forwards in the Coleman medal race.

King grew up in a passionate St Kilda family. A family that has no love for the Pies whatsoever. He is signed with the Suns until the end of 2022. Does that make him gettable? I'm going to say no. I really want to say do whatever it takes to get him. Trade-wise and contract-wise. But I just can't see the Suns going for it and I cant see Max accepting the move either.

Naughton on the other had grew up in a fanatical Pies supporting family. However, he is signed as a Dog until the end of 2024. I feel like we're on good terms with the Bulldogs, but that doesn't mean they'll just hand him over. He's a little more injury-prone, but geez, he'd look good in our jumper. A trade would be near impossible. You'd also think he'd be preferring his chances at a flag with the Dogs right now.

Those two are the mega-studs we'd love to get to the club. But realistically, both will not happen.

So what about the guys that are not yet considered studs...

One I can think of is Jake Riccardi. 195cm, 21yo. Victorian lad. Not getting a game for GWS.

Any interest for him?

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:11 pm

And yeah, I'm starting to think Sam Weideman is not going to become the player everyone hoped.

I believe a trade for him is looking easier and easier each day, but is he capable of turning it around.

Is he any good at contested marking? Can he kick more than 40 goals in a season?

Then there's cash-cow Paddy Dow. Are Carlton putting him on the table? 21yo Inside Midfielder. Is he an upgrade on Sier? Speaking of which, is Sier in our future plans?

Then there's Sam Petrevski-Seton. Another Carlton player thats been talked about. I don't really know what his position is or that he is a fit for Collingwood. A quick look at his stats suggests he is not a goal-kicker or a high-possession winner.

And the last player thats come to mind tonight is Riley Collier-Dawkins. 21yo inside mid. In and out of the Tigers team this year. Is he a player worth chatting to? 193cm too.

K 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:36 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Naughton on the other had grew up in a fanatical Pies supporting family. However, he is signed as a Dog until the end of 2024. I feel like we're on good terms with the Bulldogs, but that doesn't mean they'll just hand him over. He's a little more injury-prone, but geez, he'd look good in our jumper. A trade would be near impossible. You'd also think he'd be preferring his chances at a flag with the Dogs right now.

Those two are the mega-studs we'd love to get to the club. But realistically, both will not happen.

Yep, this ship has sailed. We had one chance to get him and chose not to. We'll regret it for the next decade.

In other positions, the Parish ship has also sailed.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:54 am

I'm afraid there are no shortcuts. We should trade for picks only.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:23 am

Libby signed up for two. It was never going to happen for us, wasn’t even sniffed at but he’s exactly what we need. Clean up our stoppages and we’re on our way.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:26 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

Major decisions to be made at seasons end. Well not really major but necessary. It’s called a rebuild. And it’s got to be proper.

mattdally 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:14 am

Out of all the key forwards - Ben King is the most gettable.
We should have a serious crack at him next season.

Forget Naughton - we took Stephenson and made our bed with that decision, even though we were in desperate need of a key forward.

Tex Walker was gettable at the end of last season and people on here cracked it when his name was mentioned - he's turned out to be ok as well.

Not sure there are any others worth consideration who are possibly available.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:37 am

simon tonna wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

Major decisions to be made at seasons end. Well not really major but necessary. It’s called a rebuild. And it’s got to be proper.

I agree with both of these comments.

It is hard to imagine that we will 'strike-it-rich' with our late picks in the 2021 National Draft.

What trade currency do we have??

Players who may be considered if we do a 'Hawthorn-style' clear out of senior players would diminish our playing stocks, but give us reasonable picks.

Players who are surplus to our needs or are under performers will only give us points to be used on Daicos junior and Dib...

I think we need to be bold and give up something to get something.
Jake Riccardi and Petrevski-Seton are 'gettable'. One could play forward and the other off half-back.

Mayne, Greenwood, Thomas, and one or two others off the list would give us cap space and provide opportunities for younger players to come in.

I would be horrified if Mayne and Thomas were still in the starting 22 for Round One season 2022.

One would imagine our younger players will be much better for another prep-season. McInness has yet to play, neither has McMahon, Tyler Brown will be back and Kelly and Ginnivan will be far more ready to assume senior roles.

Howe, Moore, Begg and Ash Johnson will be good to go as well.

I think that with a new coach in charge, we will be well-placed to begin the long road back to on-field credibility.

Floreat Pica everyone.

Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:45 am

warburton lad wrote:
Mayne, Greenwood, Thomas, and one or two others off the list would give us cap space and provide opportunities for younger players to come in.

Yes and I think Cox will be in the "one or two others" that clears considerable cap space (apparently around $500K), and perhaps Sier.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:49 am

And SEN believe another trade on the books

Hawks are into out of contract Max Lynch

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:43 am

BazBoy wrote:

Lynch for Clarkson Wink

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:07 pm

BazBoy wrote:

I was waiting for clubs to start coming for Lynch.
He’s arguably our most desirable trade currency outside of our best 22.
Upside, in demand and cheap.
It’s going to be hard for Lynch to knock back more senior opportunities at another club. Hopefully we can retrieve something from the situation should he go elsewhere.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:04 pm

Abdul The Bull wrote:
piedys wrote:
Nifft wrote:
Not about disrespecting Pendles, after all the Hawks did the same with Hodge.

Hodge, Lewis and Mitchell; and it upset a substantial amount of their members too.

Yeah, they are SO upset with a culture that has resulted in multiple premierships in every decade since the 70's. Rolling Eyes

Abs, they most certainly had nothing to whinge about - 4 flags between 2008-2015 was a most acceptable haul.
It was the ruthless out-trading of those three favourite sons at the end of 2016, who were major reasons why those flags were secured, only 3 years after Franklins departure, that caused some angst.
But yeah, cry us a river Whorethorn.

BazBoy wrote:

He can jump ship if he wants - he still has to command a game ahead of McEvoy and Ceglar, our unwanted 3rd ruck, behind Witts at the time.
Plus, they also had another 1st year stringbean type debut recently, whose name escapes me...

K 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:50 pm

piedys wrote:
Plus, they also had another 1st year stringbean type debut recently, whose name escapes me...

Reeves, I think. I remember only 'cos it's the son of their CEO, Justin (who once was at the Pies).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16   

Jump to: