Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win thriller . All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's simply highly unlikely to bring elite pressure all game, everyone drops off. It worried me a little when we brought it in the second quarter as well because I was wondering if we would run out of petrol in the last. And we did, fatigue set in and we missed goals we should have got. However some of our likely most rested players were the culprits there. We have to once again control the game through patches where lack of zip and put it on the scoreboard when we have it in our hands. Captain Cliche signing off.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:47 pm

shawthing wrote:
^

So like Brayshaw hes done then , how sad , it looked such an inconsequential accidental bump in the GF?? He has a heart as big as a pumpkin, as old Jock said. Tragic. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:51 pm

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:
I’m going to comment more on my reply to Shawthing saying people are saying we fluked the premiership.

No, we didnt. two solid hard years of improving and playing the minutes. You dont fluke how many was it? something like 30 wins under 5 points? The GF was a cracker of a game, the best for years, and no umpire help needed. We deserved to be there, and to win!

Agree. Getting a bit sick and tired of some denigrating our 2023 flag and being worried about what opposition supporters think of us or how we’re defending the flag.

We fully deserved it after a brilliant two seasons. Whatever we do in 2024, what we achieved in 2023 was remarkable and something we’ll cherish forever.

Very true, spot on. Stkilda has won ONE flag, since 1874, VFA-VFL- AFL. by one point.! we have nothing to complain bout, look what their fans go through. Surprised

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:02 am

think positive wrote:
100% hun, 100% xxx thankyou Smile

^T P, dont forget your camera for the Port match, been awhile since we saw your brilliant pics, its gonna be a HUUUUGE match, so do lots of happy snaps. Cheers ! Wink Wink

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:02 am

Jezza wrote:
We fully deserved it after a brilliant two seasons. Whatever we do in 2024, what we achieved in 2023 was remarkable and something we’ll cherish forever.

Yes, whatever happens this year, the Premiership we won last year was glorious, and was based on extraordinary effort, determination, skill, physical prowess, and team cohesion.
2023 is a year that we will remember forever.
2022 likewise, because it was the stepping stone to a Premiership.
That Premiership was based on a will to win, and a team buy in to a way of playing that no other team in the final analysis was able to quite emulate.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:05 am

Just finished watching the second half again, and agree with those who simplify the second half to a massive decline in our pressure. Particularly in the final quarter, Hawthorn repeatedly were able to access the ball with not one of our players contesting.
We need to unpack why the huge decline in pressure occurred.

Quincy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:26 am

Our run out of defence has dried up and our attack looks ineffectual.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:45 am

Bank the four points, take the areas of improvement, and make the most of a perfectly timed bye.

While many players are down on output still, Schultz is finding his feet, Frampers is bedding himself in, Noble is adding new run, and Darcy Cameron is has found a consistent high-level rhythm.
Others like Joshy, IQ, Bruzzy are edging towards their level again.
Those down on output will be two weeks closer to fitness, while reflecting on 2-3 start, two consecutive wins, including closing out another one-kick win, is enough of a sniff and a memory jolt to lift desire levels.
One half suspects this was the plan to the bye, but hoping for a 3-2 or 4-1 start (and underestimating the readiness and motivation gap).

There is still a hell of a lot of output not realised yet, even taking the older players out of the equation.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:58 am

Quincy wrote:
Our run out of defence has dried up and our attack looks ineffectual.

Again the question of why comes up? How did some of them go from being switched on in the first half and part of the third quarter to being lazy with their running for the rest of the game? What made them stop tackling hard and not getting their bodies in front of their opponents? Their pressure was on the high side but how come Hawthorn’s was higher? Why did they stop attacking the ball with the usual manic energy and desperation? If they focus on getting these answers and put them into action, they will be back in town.
BTW, I know that footy is an emotional game but some of the posters in the match thread are NOT Collingwood fans the way they were attacking Fly 😡 they know who they are and need to pull their heads in or piss off to a club like the Carlscum, Essenscum or Saintscum whose fans do this for a living. These “fans” are so feral and shallow that it’s hard not to laugh at their pathetic lack of intelligence. These rotten pieces of meat are garbage human beings who pretend to be Collingwood fans to give us all a bad name 🤬

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:14 am

Boot wrote:
I can’t believe the negativity in here tonight. Sure it was a poor 2nd half, but the first half was terrific so the loss of Pendlebury and a team attitude of saving the match rather than going on to thrash Hawthorn contributed to a lacklustre 2nd half. But at least it was a win

This is just a continuation of the game thread that was just pathetic sooking at its worst and wanting the club to sack Fly and most of the senior players. Even taking into consideration that half of the posts were from posters letting off steam and frustration or were just too pissed to think straight, the sheer volume of abuse towards Fly and players was shocking enough to be considered serious accusations from dim witted morons. Pathetic drongos.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:36 am

lazzadesilva wrote:
Boot wrote:
I can’t believe the negativity in here tonight. Sure it was a poor 2nd half, but the first half was terrific so the loss of Pendlebury and a team attitude of saving the match rather than going on to thrash Hawthorn contributed to a lacklustre 2nd half. But at least it was a win

This is just a continuation of the game thread that was just pathetic sooking at its worst and wanting the club to sack Fly and most of the senior players. Even taking into consideration that half of the posts were from posters letting off steam and frustration or were just too pissed to think straight, the sheer volume of abuse towards Fly and players was shocking enough to be considered serious accusations from dim witted morons. Pathetic drongos.

True comrade, I no longer do the match thread, too many drop kicks and whiners, calling the team shit, heaping crap on senior players going thru a bad patch, but lauding them as heroes 7 months ago, friggin hypocrites . They know who they are too. ! Many yrs ago, the great Lou Richards said, in his book," the trouble with some Collngwood fans is they expect the team to win by ten goals, every week, game in, game out, and are never satisfied, they do annoy me to say the least" Well said Lou, and that was yrs before social media websites like this one. I have decided to ignore their ludicrous comments from now on. Rolling Eyes Surprised

piffdog 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:09 am

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Fly's presser

Talk about a bunch of Doroty Dixers. Our prime minister would kill for such press conferences lol.

Yep. “We’ve learned a lot about ourselves”. Next question should be “Craig can you share with us some of the things you’ve learned?” Would love to know…

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:45 am

The Hawks are playing good football without winning. I was worried about this game and I'm happy we won, I don't care about the margin. They are our bogey team. Rest up as we need to be ready for Port.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:54 am

My heart is now back in a 'normal' beat pattern after severe palpitations in the second half last evening.

In retrospect, we may view this start to the season as the catalyst to another successful season.

Yes, there have been unsatisfying efforts to be sure, but we have played quality outfits who have really taken it up to our players- this should be an unambiguous reminder to our entire list of how tough and unrelenting AFL level competition is.

The win/loss ratio is poor at present- the challenge moving forward is for players to lift their intensity and skill to beyond the level oppositions throw at us.

The balancing act is the introduction of fresh blood whilst not compromising our capacity of the team to win. These two are not mutually exclusive- teams can do both (see Geelong).

As other posters have noted, we desperately need a mobile tall target to come into the forward line mix- it would appear the consensus is that Krueger is that man.

Similarly, we need Murphy back to solidify the backline. Murphy, Moore and Frampton would be more than adequate down back freeing up Howe (a very intelligent player with great game sense) to be a mobile marking forward.

There is loads to do, but the coaching group are savvy enough to establish the best way forward as we hit a very tough block of games.

We will see very quickly in the Port game whether we are capable enough as a collective to scale the heights we achieved these past two seasons.

I suspect that the answer to that will reveal our ultimate destiny in 2024.

Floreat Pica.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:55 am

Boot wrote:
I can’t believe the negativity in here tonight.

11 years experience.. I think you can!
Another run of the mill press conference from Fly. Not worth listening to anymore!
14 games to know if we are any good or not? By 14 playing like that our goose still be cooked!
Could have been worse, could have lost..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: