Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Favourite Player?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:34 am
Post subject: Favourite Player?Reply with quote

Just a fun Topic, im wondering who everyones favourite player is of all time and currently!

Of all time mine would have to be Gary Lineker, he was my hero as a kid and was always a good role model for kids as he was always a fair player, in all the years he played he never recieved a Yellow Card.

If i was to pick a second it would be 'Gazza' Gascoigne, he was so exciting and probably single handedly won spurs the 91 FA cup.

Currently it would be Simon Davies (even though his Welsh) with Robbie Keane a close second.

Everyone please respond to this, except the people who are thinking of putting Alan Shearer.

Collingwood and Tottenham, what a great combination!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
LondonPIE Pisces

Come and join the Putney Magpies BARFL team

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

My Favorite player of all time would have to be Ricky Villa even if he is Argentinian..
Will agree Creedy that Gazza was a great player but he also nearly lost us the FA Cup in 91 when in a moment of madness tried to snap Gary Charles in half at the waist with his right boot. (Notts Forest scored from the freekick).
That was the thing that probably wrecked gazza'a carear as he never played that well again. His goal against the gooner scum in the Semi was fantastic though..

As for current players I would have to say that gun left back for Spurs Tarrico lol.... Nah it would be Stephan Freund from the sheer fact that everytime he gets the ball the crowd at the lane rises and shouts shoot ha ha... Over 100 games and still not on the score sheet.

Oh and I bet LondonDave says Teddy Sherringham as he is the best player Millwall have ever and will ever have hey Dave

Audre est Facere!!
Life is all Black and White
Dr`Dre 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:37 pm

rite now its Van Nistelrooy and Roy Keane, all time fav is Eric Cantona

creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:02 pm

Hey Londonpie if you wanted to make me laugh a bit more you could have put in Steffen Iverson, even though for a minute i thought you were serious about Taricco.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:20 pm

Have to be Eric Cantona...anyone who boots a Palarse fan in the head is OK by me!

CP 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:15 am

Of All time: Roberto Baggio (timeless and still weaving magic)

Current: Pavel Nedved (the hair...it's all about the hair)

Used to be a big fan of Ronaldo, but now that he's shown his true colours, my stomach churns whenever I see him and actually wish injury upon him.

Bartros Scorpio

THIS ONE TIME AT BAND CAMP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:42 am

Alan Shearer.

Long Live the mite and power of
Shane Morwood (member of 1990 team,1988 Vic rep)
haiku bob 

haiku bob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 1:04 am

Favourite player now: Emile Heskey.
Could watch him for hours.
Has as much control as a blind man driving a car.
Totally fascinating.

Cantona
for me
too

creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:22 am

Mate thats priceless, i almost thought you were serious, the way spurs played this morning he could get a game for us.

creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:10 pm

WKB, i couldnt help but recognise the similarities between your post and mine!

Great minds think alike!!!!

Wearmouth 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 4:14 pm

This is an interesting thread.

Well here goes.

DIEGO MARADONA........ simply the best.

Now I know some of you will bring up the drugs issue and some will not forget the hand of God incident. However, the 1986 Mexico World Cup and the Seria A Championship winning years with Napoli, truely showed the true genius of this mans ability. His left foot seemed to be controlled by God himself a times.

Of todays players at the moment no other player holds my attention more than Harry 'the jewell' Kewell. When he comes to play and is in the mood, the boy is sublime. As all you England supporters discovered. I hope he leaves Leeds and joins possibly Real or Milan where he can exploit his close in control and speed.

Go Pies 2003!!

[This message has been edited by Wearmouth (edited 26 February 2003).]
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:04 pm

My favourite current player is making a challenge to be my favourite of all time & that's Robert Pires-the long haired froggy is a genius.

I've liked alot of the skillful players at Arsenal-Merson/Limpar/Brady/Wright/Overmars but Pires beats the lot although my previous favourite player couldn't be accused even by his mum of being skillful & that's the ever filthy & ruthless Steve Bould- this is the man of whom Tony Adams made a whole career on the back of.It was like the Emperor's new clothes-Bouldy would play great every week & Adams would get picked by England-life just isn't fair.His speciality was kicking Mark Hughes right up his fat Welsh arse & then jogging away as if nothing had happened whilst giving a Adams a little grin.

Marco Van Basaten is also a big favourite along wqith Johan Cruyff, there;s something about the Dutch & how they play football that you can't beat for how good it is to watch.

I do not & have never loved Liverpool FC
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:04 pm

The truth?......Lies?
Well I had a dream that I was a butterfly but now I'm awake I'm not sure if I'm actually a man who had that dream or that I'm now a butterfly dreaming that I'm a man.

It's all relative-

In the world of the blind the one eyed man is king.

As for Pires I don't know if you rememebr in his first season at Arsenal in the norf London derby(at WHL i think) the ball went out for a throw & Pires went to take it & one of the scummers.....er Tottenham supporters threw the ball at him a bit too hard but Bobby caught it & faked throwing it back in the face of the transgressor but he kind of laughed whilst doing it.I read a big interview with him recently & he was saying how much he likes the atmosphere at English football, he was saying how when he was at Marseille their own fans made the players life hell & got on their backs the whole time when things weren't going well but he brought up the incident with the spurs supporters & said he liked it, he felt it was all a bit of fun & he took it well as did they.He said he knows the spurs fans probably hate him for being a gooner but somehow they still manage to show him basic respect.

What a great guy.

I do not & have never loved Liverpool FC
woe_is_me Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:24 am

All-time :
Eric Cantona - Magic and madness all in one.
Peter Schmeichal ( I always have trouble with his surname!)
Superb goalkeeper (who will forget his penalty save off Denise "oh no a plane" Bergchump in the FA semi-final).....

Currently:
Ole Gunnar Solksjaer - want a goal - bring him on!
Ryan Giggs - poetry in motion.

Special mention to Matthew Le Tissier for freakness!!!

Woe, woe, woe, what am I good for????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: