Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Bulldogs. All comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 12:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m looking at this game as the first leg of the Dogs / Dees double.
We need to win one of them ( or draw both 😉 ) to stay in the hunt and then presumably account for North before the bye. That’s still no easy task but the Dogs and Dees aren’t world beaters either. Obviously the bye can’t come soon enough but at least the good news is virtually none of our current injuries are long term concerns.
There’s also a bit to look forward to in the coming weeks with at least one new addition via the MSD ( likely tall ) and the return of 198cm Josh Eyre in the near future. Who knows, both additions may yet play a part in a very long season.
As an aside, the reoccurrence of Miocheks hamstring was very un -Collingwood like. Wade and his team would pride themselves on making the right call and they have had an impeccable record to date. I’d like to be a Mcfly on the wall when Miocheks injury is reviewed for the second time around. It happens …but just not at Collingwood under Wade.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 12:37 pm

Magpiefan3 wrote:
Who do the Bulldogs have out?

Naughton (knee), Richards (concussion) and Scott (concussion).

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 12:39 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
^ if both play well in double spots each week, he's bound to win the Brownlow in record votes!

Tell you what, we will double our toughness and no one will ever bully any of our young players unless they are into liking pain 😎 double trouble 👿

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 12:46 pm

Jezza wrote:
Magpiefan3 wrote:
Who do the Bulldogs have out?

Naughton (knee), Richards (concussion) and Scott (concussion).

Libba is the big watch this week. Not sure whether he comes back from concussion protocols or not. He’d be handy to still have out this week.
If the Dogs want to keep their structure with Naughton missing, they will bring in Lobb but it’s Beveridge, so who knows.
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 2:32 pm

If they do bring in Lobb to retain their giraffe forward line with Darcy and Jamarra it may force us to retain Moore / Frampton and Dean in the back line and take away any potential for Frampton to offer ruck support.
I can see Beveridge doing this to try to maintain an aerial advantage and make it an English vs Cameron battle. Not sure I can see what we can do to combat this and give Cameron a chop out.

Can Kreuger be a kamikaze fwd ruck back up cannoning into English at every opportunity? He could copy Grundy's technique rushing to get under Gawn's eyeline and blocking his arm to minimise the taps to advantage. Surely Freddy wont break like glass doing this?

If Ash Johnson played back up fwd ruck, I would just give him one instruction. All out attack, use his agility to jump at the ball and thump it as far as he can.

Howe seems like the only other option but would rather him rest one more week given Checkers & DeGoey injury repeats

Reckon our tactics will try to dominate the contested ball in the middle and get the ball going our way with low kicks to leads and chaos balls. Dogs are down in the middle but will go for fast medium players in the back line to try to get the ball out of their half quickly and kick long to their talls using their height advantage.

Going to be another fascinating battle with contrasting game styles.

Could we see Jack Macrae line up against Fin Macrae?

One final wildcard, someone asked about the chance of MSD players being drafted Wednesday and playing Friday. Albeit I think it's a remote chance, if we drafted Bryn Teakle on Wednesday, he's about the only one I could think of who could have a chance given he trained across the summer and we're in desperate need of a forward and back up ruck 6ft tall or taller

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 4:42 pm

^^^
The MSD player selection could introduce himself to his new teammates on the captains run. Now that would be quite a rapid rise through the ranks !
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 5:04 pm

kind of only early in the piece i know but this is line ill go for again training is wednesday this week at aia so alot to play out still.
but at this stage ill go for this line up.

fb: dean frampton side
cb: maynard moore crisp
c: josh daicos noble quaynor
cf: hill reef de goey
ff: lipinski harrison sullivan
r: cameron nick daicos pendles
int: kruger oleg richards shultz
sub: allan

i think de goey in and just makes it in time well heres hopeing howe to wait another week. i have kruger there as he can play as back up ruck but its a case of giving him a go and maybe his last go at that. Like to see Noble get a run in centre. Reef in for Checkers and Harrison can play the other tallish forward. Oleg to finally come back. nick and pendles on ballers.The rest is straight forward.
I think its not until the North game we start getting the band back so to speak.
Fingers crossed we get Elliot back as well.
Dogs at their home ground i think its a tough ask but i do think the Pies can win it in a tight srape as its always the case by 10 points.
I wont be pretty.
Dogs showed a bit v swans but are down with injuires them selfs as well.
I like to get inot the top 4 soon as well come the north game like us to be 4th.
swooper 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 5:16 pm

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:
Who thinks Maynard and mcCreery are close on been omitted.

Whaaat?? Shocked
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 5:29 pm

swooper wrote:
23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:
Who thinks Maynard and mcCreery are close on been omitted.

Whaaat?? Shocked

If you go back over his previous team selection posts he seems to think Oleg hasn't been selected yet this year too...

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 7:07 pm

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:
Well just think both need to lift.
When was the last time both of them featured in the GB medal votes ill say 2023.

Considering nobody's tallied the votes for 2024 yet, I think that's a safe bet. Wink

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 7:52 pm

This game will be a very hard fought game, played on the Dogs home ground. Make no mistake, we are in a severely weakened state, missing JDG, WHE, Elliott, Mitchell, Checkers, Howe and Cox. There's a possibility Howe will be available, but that would still leave us missing a full one third of our best starting 18 players. Normally, under these circumstances I wouldn't give us a friggin' chance, but I've been surprisingly impressed by our newbies. If Howe remains unavailable, then Allan should retain his spot.

Hopefully, McInnes and Markov will come back in, but I don't expect any others to be available. Kreuger seems our only option to come in as a forward/ruck option, given the lack of intensity previously shown by Johnson.

Outs: Cox, Checkers, Parker, Allan

Ins: Kreuger, Howe, Markov, McInnes
piffdog 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 8:14 am

I would be bringing Frampton into the second ruck/forward position (to replace Cox and/or Checkers) and keep Dean in defence. Although they have a couple pretty good targets down there (JUH and Darcy). Thankfully Naughton will miss...
Be helpful if Howe comes back although I believe he might be another week. Better to get him right rather than lose him again (a la Checkers).
Loving the youngsters - Richards, Sully and Harrison all stay in.
Hopefully Pendles doesn't miss - he has been a bit banged up and is more important than his kicks/marks/handballs suggest.
I see we're $1.50 favourites. Feels waay to short for me. They have this guy called Marcus who is an all time great...

Lot riding on the injury report this week...

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 10:02 am

Howe won’t be back. JDG give him a good spell. No point coming in and playing fwd. if he’s touch and go don’t play him.

In:
Krueger (don’t worry it will only be for1/2 a game).
Markov
Ash
McInnes

Out:
Cox
Checkers
Parker
Allan

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 11:08 am

[quote="
One final wildcard, someone asked about the chance of MSD players being drafted Wednesday and playing Friday. Albeit I think it's a remote chance, if we drafted Bryn Teakle on Wednesday, he's about the only one I could think of who could have a chance given he trained across the summer and we're in desperate need of a forward and back up ruck 6ft tall or taller[/quote]

After Cox went down, Teakle came to mind as the obvious candidate at short notice for the reasons you mention.

But on reflection, whatif they had someone else who they consider a better longer term prospect ? Band-aid or long term ? If they thought someone could be good enough, I reckon it would be the longer term.

Dean seems the replacement for the Cox spot in the team, Frampton 2nd Ruck / KB, Cameron swings forward just as Cox does now.

We are not totally desperate. Teakle remains top of my list, depends on who else is available.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 11:22 am

Please prove me wrong Freddy, but if you come into the team, we best have another big-bodied player as the sub...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11   

Jump to: