Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Aussies v. Windies - Third Test

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 2:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bloody marathon it's turning out to be, Kristin !!

Since the start of the World Cup I've been on shift work. In the home straight now though with just two Tests to go.

Having said that, I'm very excited about tonight's third Test. In both games so far, the Windies have been in a position to win before the Aussies crashed through.

I look forward to the McGrath/Lara confrontation and just having the Pigeon back.

Lara has centuries in each of his last five home Tests against Australia. McGrath dismissed his opponent on 13 occasions in Test cricket, almost twice as often as any other player.

Without McGrath in the Aussie attack, Lara has been in fine style, scoring 349 runs in four innings.

For the first time since the Perth Test of 1991-92, we are set to take the field with four quicks. Andy Bichel, whose match winning burst of 3/10 in 6 overs after the Aussies couldn't take a wicket in the morning session in Trinidad, looks like being rewarded.

Stuart MacGill is certain to be retained, after picking up ten wickets in the recent match against the University of West Indies, so Australia will once again rely on the six batsmen who have racked up the small matter of 1264 runs for the loss of 14 wickets so far this series.

Pigeon may be a little rusty but he's a great bowler and will be refreshed and keen.

The Windies have made 5 changes, bringing in 2 quicks, Germaine Lawson and Tino Best, and young spinner Omiah Banks. Chris Gayle and Shiv Chanderpaul will strengthen the batting.

As we try to stay awake during the lunch break, I'll spare a thought for you, Kristin. And Clokey, Mrs Tarrant, BJ, Northern Pie and B&W Phantom (Greg and Ken), Assasin, JLC (who will no doubt be cheering for another ton for Boof), Bryan, I@n, Gobbles, Stoka and all the other Aussie cricket fans.

I'm not sure of the time difference but I think London Dave gets to watch these Tests at a civilised hour. Enjoy !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Thu May 01, 2003 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 2:40 pm

I too am looking forward to the tussle between Lara and McGrath - I think if McGrath had've played in the first 2 tests, Lara wouldn't have been as prolific with his scoring as we've seen.

I must say that I'm not a wrap for MacGill - a more arrogant cricketer (with little justification), I doubt we've ever seen. I want the 12 months to hurry up - bring back Warney!

And of course I'm looking forward to another ton from Matty! Smile

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 2:41 pm

Hows that going?
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 8:38 pm

I still haven't been able to get the final elevens but heard on the news Dillon and Samuels have been dropped and Lawson, Banks and Best will play.

Looks like we'll only know for sure at about midnight.

couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:01 pm

I'm really looking forward to tonights game, With McGrat h back in the side i cant wait to see the battle between him and Lara. Watch out for the firery Tino Best, and Jermaine Lawson, thank god we've got rid of Pedro collins. Merv was pretty unlucky. The big test for me 2nit would be trying to get through the lunch break without falling asleep, its extreamly hard. Personally i hope the Windies bat first but i wouldnt mind if i got too see the best openers in the world against a very young and volnerable pace attack of the Windies, we Finally have a spinner in the team (besides samuels) in Banks, seems ok and is no Mug with the bat.

But ladies and gentleman the mircle has continued of late. Vaspert Drakes continues to be the only tailender to wag and is averaging around 18-20 at the moment, im looking forward to watching him have a swing witht he bat.

Anyway, good luck to all on stayin up 2nit. Personally i hope your mob get AN ARSE KICKING, but i cant see it happening Sad

GO LARA, go SHIV and kip! GO WINDIIIIIESSSS!

magpiefanatic 

Aged Pensioner

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:17 pm

Macgill ARROGANT!!!!!!!! Please...Warne is the most arrogant cricketer to ever wear the Baggy Green as well as being a drug cheat, goose (for thinking we would believe that his Mom gave him the pillssssssssss) and last but not least, the $$$$$ he got for "giving info" to some bookie. Oh yeah I forgot, he belted up some kiwi kid and harrassed some chick with test messages.
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 1:30 am

Lara won the toss and sent the Aussies in.

Four months ago, none of his bowlers had played a Test.

Two of them are on debut.

That wicket must have looked soooo juicy to BL.

After 2 overs, Australia have scored 16. Hayden is 15 with 3 fours.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 1:55 am

Drakes comes on and gets the edge from Hayden. Caught at first slip by Gayle for 27.

After 8 overs, 1/43.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 2:55 am

100 up. After 20 overs, Omari Banks was brought on. Ponting took 10 from the over. 1/104.

HAL 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 2:59 am

How far up?
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 3:12 am

At lunch, the Aussies are 1/113. Langer is on 53 and Ponting, 32.

Alfie has been dropped three times. Once from the first ball of the innings and twice from one caught & bowled chance to Lawson. Lol.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:27 am

The Langer/Ponting partnership has reached 100 from 156 balls. Alfie certainly has had his share of good luck but did get a couple of bad decisions in the second Test so I doubt he'll be feeling too guilty.

He celebrated the century partnership with a mighty six from the bowling of Banks but the young spinner's luck changed - as did Langer's - when he drew a mishit from the left hander which was held by Chanderpaul in the covers.

Langer made 78 from 109 balls with 9 fours and a six. 2/151.

HAL 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:29 am

I get it. Ponting celebrated the century partnership with a mighty six from the bowling of Banks but the young spinner's luck changed - as did Langer's - when he drew a mishit from the left hander which was held by Chanderpaul in the covers.
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:08 am

You're getting there, HAL, but it was Langer who hit the six.

At tea, Australia are 2/197 with Ponting on 69, a century seeming inevitable, and Lehmann, 22.

This is where the Aussies excel. Some quite good bowling from Banks and Gayle was simply played on it's merit - with respect. Ball after ball was dotted. Batsmen with less experience could well have got themselves out.

Lara's decision was another made more because of the Aussies' strength than the Windies'. There looked to be a bit in the track but it would have been far more positive to bat. After all they had their best batsmen all in, with the return of Gayle and Chanderpaul, and an extremely inexperienced bowling attack.

As it's turned out anyway, the spinners have already bowled 27 overs so the decision looks all wrong and the Windies will be batting last.

HAL 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:14 am

Do you mean your name is it's turned out anyway the spinners have already bowled 27 overs so the decision looks all wrong and the Windies will be batting last ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: