Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ausies v. Windies - 4th. Test

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 9:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting opinions Nicholas however just because the Aussies lost one test doesn't mean they aren't as good as everyone makes them out to be. This is what I don't understand even the greatest teams have to lose sometimes don't they? As for what you say about McGrath I agree he does dish it out but I think players shouldn't make comments too personal. I have read that McGrath misheard what Sarwan said ahh anyway I don't know all the details so I shouldn't really comment who knows what was said apparantly they have all made up now anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Nicholas 

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:56 pm

I am not saying that they're not great just because of one loss, merely suggesting they struggle when they have more than one champion to deal with. Their opposition has been ordinary for a long time now. I don't think they would stack up well as some people think against a formidable team. McGrath loses it when things don't go his way!
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:56 am

McGrath admits spat with Sarwan left him feeling 'pretty terrible'
Wisden Cricinfo staff - 15 May 2003

Glenn McGrath has admitted that his well-publicised argument with Ramnaresh Sarwan on the fourth day of the Antigua Test left him feeling "pretty terrible".

The images of McGrath and Sarwan standing toe-to-toe and shouting at each other appeared throughout thr world and attracted considerable criticism. The Australian Cricket Board went as far as telling Steve Waugh that he had to assert greater control over his players.

Speaking to the Australian Associated Press following his team's arrival in Jamaica, McGrath said that the incident affected him, adding that "I don't want to feel that way again. It's not something that just happens and then that's finished. It's something that I do go on thinking about. I have worried about it quite a bit over the last few days.

"It has affected me. I feel like I am more quiet than I normally am. I would like to have a time machine and change the things I haven't been happy with. I just have to keep working at it. The way to do that is to not put myself in that situation. If you don't work on something you might as well give the game away."

What sparked the confrontation is unclear, although AAP reported that McGrath taunted Sarwan who replied in kind, adding that McGrath should ask his wife the answer. "I could sit here and make plenty of excuses but it still doesn't justify why it happened," McGrath said. "I guess I just got a bit frustrated.

"It's something that I have worked on quite a bit, especially since becoming a father. I am a little bit disappointed in myself that I did do it."

McGrath and Sarwan subsequently apologised to each other, and both captains went out of their way to praise their opposition in the post-match interviews in an attempt to paper over the cracks.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:59 am

My estimation of Glen McGrath (the person) has risen markedly. Well said, Pigeon.

Nicholas 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 6:51 am

Maggie fan 8 it is in the heat of the battle you have to learn to control yourself, no use apologising when you are having a few drinks and have just won the series. This pattern is repeated with Glen time and time again.
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 2:14 pm

Nicholas, the whole point I was making was I've never liked McGrath as a person but as a bowler I've always thought him to be a master of his craft.

He's always been susceptible to dropping the lip when things don't go his way and when he tries to be the 'bully boy' it makes me cringe.

Let's hope we see less of this behaviour in future. Steve Waugh has one more task to achieve with this team and it's goes something like this, "Lift your heads high boys, even if we're getting flogged. Fight hard but with honour. We're playing for Australia. Remember that!"

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 2:17 pm

Don't worry I will remember it.
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 3:53 pm

Well said Donny I agree with you! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:04 pm

i was listenin to 1278 and hooksi was on and he said what was said between sarwan and mcGrath, it went something like this,

McGrath said to sarwan as he was running past, hows the sex with lara going m8, sarwan then replied with, ask your wife!

hehehe i dont know what McGrath was yellin about, mabye he should shut his trap for once, nobody messes wif Ronnie Sarwan and his cool bandana!

MrsTarrant Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:17 pm

Hmmm interesting clokey, I think it's all ridiculous let's get over it now! Smile
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 1:57 am

The problem with the Aussies is when the chips are down they resort to sledging. If you recall last year on the Footy Show when Shane Warne appeared he said he would have no problems getting personal when it came to sledging. This was in reference to the Wayne Carey, Anthony Stevens issue. I disargeed with that but Warne saw no problems in that. Now when the Aussies cop a bit back they cry foul.

I dont like any form of sledging as the bat and the ball should do all the talking.

However If you dish it up then you gotta expect some back in return.

jlc

MrsTarrant Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 2:27 am

Who are the aussies crying foul? I thought everyone kissed and made up!
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 1:15 pm

It just looks really poor the way they carry on sometimes. After all these players are role models. McGrath is such a good bowler that i cant understand why he wastes time sledging.

I blame the umpires partly as they should have intervened earlier and not let it get to that stage.

jlc

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 1:16 pm

What was it like before these players are role models ?
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 3:14 pm

Well, JLC, it's actually the captain's call re. the conduct of his players.

"The captains are responsible at all times for ensuring that play is conducted within the Spirit of the Game as well as within the Laws"

As this thread is evolving into a topic of it's own, I opened a new one under 'Sledging'.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: