Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match v power-less, comments here thanx!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:53 pm
Post subject: Pre Match v power-less, comments here thanx!Reply with quote

well, i suppose we can stop having a gabfest over jumper changes, as there's actually a game on! I'm less confident than I was for qualifying final, but we will still get a win!
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be the game that will decide the rest of our season I reckon, because Port are looking good. And Collingwood needs to start looking better. I hope Tarrant can kick a bag full this week, kick even more then he did last week then we will have a chance of winning. Woey should lift, Williams, I hope will have a very good game. Didak, I reckon will come out of his little form slump and play like he did in the Wizard Cup. And the rest of the team is going to make us proud.

So, I am not really confident of a win yet, because I know how good Port's team is. And the recent crap in the media may help them, which is probably false. But anything is possible in football this year.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
freddie foxx 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:52 pm

I feel confident about a win this weekend because of mainly two reasons.

1.) Our form last week warrants a good solid peformance for this week. It was pretty much the most consistent four quarters weve played this year, even though stkilda suck and they pegged us back in the 2nd quarter.

2.)We always seem to lift for these interstate battles with S.A.
I reckon the boys will be switched on and if we can get a solid start like we did last week then ofcourse our confidence will be booming.

Expect this to be a game thats one by who wants it more in the middle.
Each side has forward lines that are in top form, so its vital that we are switched on in the center from the first bounce.

Go Pies lets kill em.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:54 am

Surely we can beat Port who are without Primus, Francou and Cornes. Three of their Top 5 players you would think. I just want Pies to play hard man on man accountable football. Hopefully Rupert comes back as he likes the physical stuff. I think Rocca will be the match winner as he is due to bounce back after a poor game last week Smile Surely we can keep Dudrea quiet this week. Although his usual minder in Presti is out which is a big blow Sad

No doubt Port will use every dirty trick in the book to put Tarrant off his game. One of their players will have a cheap shot i have no doubt as thats how low Port would stoop.

I actually think that the game wont be close. Im just hoping we are on the right side of a big margin.

jlc

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:02 am

Please don't read anything sinister into this. This is my prediction of what I THINK is going to happen. This is not what I WANT to happen.

Despite what anyone around here might think, my allegiance is 100% with Collingwood.

Having said that, our current form is very lacklustre. Eddie has given the enemy enough ammo to start a holocaust. We are grossly over-confident because of our recent record at Football Park ... and we are about to suffer our most humiliating defeat for the season.

Port by 76 points.
woe_is_me Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:31 am

Dr Alf,

If we lose by 76 points (or even close to that margin) - we can all pack up and go home for the rest of the year...

That won't happen - we definitely can lose this game, but to predict a shellacking like that, I must say you probably have been prescribing too many prescription drugs to yourself!!! Smile Smile

But you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

I'm pumped up for this game - I think it will be fierce football - and that alone should ensure a close contest.

I think the final margin will be within two goals either way.

GO PIES!!! (By 10 points)
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:49 am

If they are over confident they should be shown a tape of Anzac day. Essendon gave us a good old spanking that we deserved as we were complacent.

We have no reason to be over confident. We are eighth and fighting for a top 8 spot.

jlc

Melsa5 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:29 am

Dr Alf

I know very well when we get a feeling about a game, we just can't see past it!

Well I think with this feeling Dr Alf, you are missing a couple of points (this is to encourage you and hopefully change your mind)

1. This game is huge! Its actually an 8 pt game ....if we loose we are 8 points off Port - (dont think the boys will allow a drubbing)

2. As said before, Primus and Francou and Cornes are out - look at the confidence we got last week when their ruckman was out - we actually won in the ruck. Lica will have to be tagged this time and not tag Francou

3. Confidence is a good thing - the stats over there are way for the home side, hey if you are confident going over there - that is a huge thing.

4. Buckley and Woe - 2 players they didnt have to worry about last time - now they do

These are only some of my points. And with Eddie, everyone of us knows that we have a pretty good relationship with Port. He is only stirring to get this game bigger than it alreary is. I am sure they will have a beer afterwards.

Cheer up Dr Alf, its going to be great!
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:08 pm

not going to try and predict what will happen further than saying i hope MM treats it like going to war. us against them mentality, hostile territory etc. i still dont get the impression, despite the QF win last year, that port genuinely respect us. tredrea is of huge concern and even moreso without presti who usually does a pretty good job on him. he's playing very much like tarrant - well up the ground at times and i think the only tall defender we have to go with him like that is clement. wakelin just wouldnt keep up with him, likewise clokey and texas. licuria must be disappointed francou isnt playing - his personal bitch in the last 2-3 meetings. lica to take nick stevens who is in great form, particularly at home. rocca and molloy will have to stand up more than ever this week. much of the attention will be on taz and this will leave d.wakelin to roam around half back if rocca and molloy cant provide consistent marking options for us. a good sign from last week was we kicked 20 odd majors without rocca putting one through. toughest game to date this year, particularly given the build up. was very impressed with port last week, particularly tredrea and byron pickett etc. maybe matty lokan?
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:47 pm

I just wanna go to bed at 7.30pm and wake up at 7.30am and find out we have won.

COLLINGWOOD GO OVER THERE AND BEAT THEM LIKE THEY DESERVE TO BE BEATEN.

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:49 pm

Alf 76 points? I reckon you are just trying to get a response from others and brighten up the mid-week. (just like Ben in the Big Brother house who I reckon has been put up to it by the producers to lift the poor ratings)

Although I am far from confident I reckon all the off-field bullsh*t that is going on over there this week is playing straight into our hands again. The build up in Adelaide is huge and they will be treating this game like a grand final whilst under the cool methodical preparation of Mick we will be going into it as just another home and away game that we will play to our game plan.

Not sure who'll win but there aint much between the two teams I reckon.

PS: If Port do win, get on their opposition the following week as they'll be bound to have a let down)

Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 2:45 pm

I totally agree with you Freddie Foxx.

Come on peoplz, where is your faith and confidence in the Pies gone??

Port may be in the top 4 (ladder) but Collingwood have turned the corner and will start to sprint home now...Collingwood is coming people!

Alf, I honestly don't believe that you feel Collingwood are about to suffer their most humiliating defeat for the season. It's just not like you to make such Shocked predictions. I know where your heart is though, as we all should know on this board!

I'm tipping we beat the ferals and Victory will be sweet!

Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 3:20 pm

mick knows exactly what hes doin and we are in good form.. pies by 15 points
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 3:57 pm

Well this is going to be one tough game to win (state the bleeding obvious). As much as I want to see them lose, I'm with Alf in that our form has been nothing to get excited about. But then again, it wasn't leading into the QF last year, so that means nothing.

If nothing else I want to to see a great game of football b/w two good sides. A win this week will give us a MASSIVE psychological advantage. Hopefully the boys will be switched on and I really believe they love a hard physical game which this is building up to be.

With some of their stars out it gives us a very good chance. primus, francou, and c.cornes leaves a big hole to fill. Get someone to stand on the toes of the burgoynes, stevens, and wanganeen, and the fat lady will be singing with us in front. Speedsters Ben and Rhyce need to put in a good one and attack the loose ball as it comes into their forward line, our boys in the middle will match it with them, and our forwards, well who's gonna stop Taz!

Pies in a close one.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 4:12 pm

i know what your saying alf. if we miss getable shots and don't take our chances i see a repeat of the Brisbane game, near blowout at 30 and then we get some cheap ones to reduce it to 15. if ever we need to keep the burgoyne sisters under wraps its this game. we need didak to shake his tag, leon to stay on the ground, rocca to go nuts and woewodin to finally end all speculation by having a blinder with a tagger hanging off him.

tip win or lose i bet josh fraser has the most hitouts. if we do win i'd imagine i'll repeat the finger pumping at the TV like after the semi last year. My wife thought i was crazy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: