Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Spurs Transfer News... It can't be true can it?????

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonPIE Pisces

Come and join the Putney Magpies BARFL team

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:32 am
Post subject: Spurs Transfer News... It can't be true can it?????Reply with quote

Tottenham today announced that they are in talks with 20yr old FC Porto striker Helder Postiga.
According to the web site negotiations are currently ongoing.

Now he would be a good buy but would he really want to come to Spurs Question Question
Hmmmm lets hope someone does soon. Cool

creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

its about time!

Last edited by creedymagpie on Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:24 pm

Well its been done, below is the story from Spurs.co.uk-

Quote:
Tottenham Hotspur would like to announce the signing of Portuguese international striker Helder Postiga from UEFA Cup winners FC Porto. The deal is valued at £6.25m, which could rise to £8.25 depending on appearances and team performance.
Postiga's signing represents a real coup for Glenn Hoddle as several major European club's showed serious interest in the 20-year-old striking sensation. His impressive displays during FC Porto's successful UEFA Cup campaign last season enhanced his already burgeoning reputation, making him one of the most coveted young strikers in Europe.

A self-confessed Spurs fan, Postiga has agreed a five-year contract and will link up with the rest of the squad when pre-season training begins at the start of July. He has had an impressive season with Portuguese champions FC Porto, scoring 19 goals in all competitions. This form has led to him making his full international debut and he has been an instant success at international level - recently scoring two goals in a 4-0 win over Bolivia.

Glenn was naturally delighted with the capture of the gifted Postiga: "He is a player who will add definite striking quality to our squad and is a young player of proven ability. I'm sure our supporters will enjoy watching him over the coming seasons."

"This exciting signing demonstrates our commitment to increasing the strength and quality of our playing squad and will hopefully assist us in our quest for success next season and beyond," added chairman Daniel Levy.

Unbelievable, finally a word class striker at our club who isnt 35yo. Now we have finally got a strike force that can challenge for europe, with Postiga and Keane up front we will be a force again, now we have to make sure we keep Carr!

LondonPIE Pisces

Come and join the Putney Magpies BARFL team

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:03 am

All we need now is a midfield and a right back and then we could challenge for a top 8 place!!!!

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!

woe_is_me Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:58 am

Is that all you need??? lol

Will be interesting to see how the new boy goes in the premiership. I don't know anything about him, but from what I do hear, he is a very good signing.
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:50 pm

LondonPIE wrote:
All we need now is a midfield and a right back and then we could challenge for a top 8 place!!!!

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!

Thats a bit harsh, we all know why we were so pitiful last season, and that is injury. Ziege, Redknapp and Richards all champions were injured for at least half the year and if they were fit i think we would have at least a spot in the UEFA cup this season.

If we can have a good run with injury (i think its our turn) there is no reason why we cant get a champions league spot, i mean if Chelsea and Newcastle can get there with their lists there is no reason why we cant.
But both of those teams have something we didnt have after Christmas- Team Spirit!

geordie_matt 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:03 pm

Thats a bit harsh, we all know why we were so pitiful last season, and that is injury. Ziege, Redknapp and Richards all champions were injured for at least half the year and if they were fit i think we would have at least a spot in the UEFA cup this season.

If we can have a good run with injury (i think its our turn) there is no reason why we cant get a champions league spot, i mean if Chelsea and Newcastle can get there with their lists there is no reason why we cant.
But both of those teams have something we didnt have after Christmas- Team Spirit![/quote]

team spirit and class so please get it right
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:07 pm

Hmmm. . . . Really? Both of them?
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:07 pm

GM i really love your cockyness, but Team spirit is the diference between Spurs and newcastle with full squads.

When you put on paper Tottenhams best side on paper is a pretty awesome side-

Keane Postiga

Davies Anderton Redknapp Poyet

Ziege Richards King Carr

Keller

Now thats a side that would be an instant Euro qualifier if it could stay fit and of course if they can play with pride which was a problem last season.

Newcastle is a very good side but if they had a drop in team spirit and a few injurys they could very well be mid range like we were last season.

geordie_matt 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:08 pm

the only players in that side that would make the starting 11 at newcastle would be king and carr

given
(emerton ?) griffin woodgate bramble hughes
bowyer dyer jenas robert
shearer bellamy

ameobi
ambrose
solano
obrien
harper

personaly i don't think spurs have anything on that side and we will see that in the new season when we will be in the top 3 again and pushing all the way for the title
HAL 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:11 pm

There might be others.
woe_is_me Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:46 am

I'm sorry, but there are only two teams capable of winning the title. And I don't need to name them.
I am not saying Newcastle, Liverpool, and Chelsea are not very good sides, but there is a gap in class between them and the other two.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with passionately disagreeing with me about this. I can understand this.

Being a Collingwood supporter makes me believe we can win the premiership, when in fact we really have no chance compared to a couple of other sides. The only thing is, if we qualify for the finals, we only need to win 3 or 4 games to "pinch" the premiership.

You cannot do that in England.
HAL 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:51 am

Thanks for telling me. Nothing at all?
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:36 pm

Woe, niether of us were saying that our sides could win the league as i think niether can (GM im trusting that you wont argue this point), we were talking about how even Spurs-Toons sides were.

GM you have obviously over looked Keane and Richards from your list, as Richards is a better player than Carr (Richards is the 10th most expensive English player in history*) and you cant be saying you would rather that Welsh turd Bellamy than Keane.

And you also put bowyer in your top team, that is a discrace to Newcastle as i would rather Iverson playing 1st team football than him.

*taken from "Tho Top Ten Of Everthing 2003"

creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:41 pm

Anyway getting back to what this thread is about, here are some pics of Spurs new Golden Boy!

postiga 1.jpg

A self confessed Spurs fan? Well lets hope he plays like it!

hodhelderfront.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: