Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies Beat Dogs-comments here-I am better than you post below

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:54 am
Post subject: Pies Beat Dogs-comments here-I am better than you post belowReply with quote

Okay for all those who want to post about the great win by the pies on Saturday night this is the place for all the comments....

For those who want to continue with the - I am better and know so much more than you personal insults..please see post above

Cheers

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, this post is above it now. LOL!
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:01 am

Well said, Northern Pie!

I was thrilled with the win on Saturday night, though would've preferred a larger winning margin (percentage will be invaluable come finals time) and certainly wanted Chrissy to kick a goal at the end rather than a bloody point (yes, I picked a winning margin of 48 points, not 43! Grrr, Chrissy!!!)

Great to see Nath at his absolute best - and that goal of his right before half time...aaaahhhh! Loved it!

Great contribution by Burnsy as usual, as well as Molloy and Rupe (two of my faves AND RUPE SHOULD ALWAYS BE IN THE TEAM!!!) and also nice to see Roc back in touch.

Now for more of the same against the Kangas - BRING IT ON!

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:32 am

There was only one problem with the win by Collingwood, and that is the fact they were out scored for the rest of the game. But there was some parts that were good. Seeing Rupe back in the seniors was a real highlight, he' a very good player. Buckley played a good one, Molloy played well, some with Rocca. Tarrant was good, thought he would of kicked more, but he didn't need to.

I am hoping to see a good performence by the whole team against the Kangaroos. Let's see the guts come back from their little holiday the past few weeks and thump the Kangas.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:28 pm

I'm proud of the boys performance on Saturday night and still believe it was a great win. It was so good to see so many showing great form, and yes Kristen5, it was wonderful to see Rupe back in side and firing and maybe put that question of why he was kept out of the side for so long behind us.

I'm looking forward to us beating North on saturday night and slowly but surely clawing our way back up the ladder.

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:47 pm

I'll just copy and paste from other topic... lolz

Omg Omg Omg!!! GO JARROD! You superstar!!! Where are all the Jarrod baggers now!??? 3 GOALS BABY! AND WAT A MARK!!!!!!!!!!!

And Cheese! 4 goals dalz! You legend! Woo Hoo!!!

I couldn't go, so me and Amber watched the game here on fox footy and screamed the house down!!!

Poor Woey! He got bashed around so much!!! And poor Rupert!!

We played excellent!!!! 43 points baby! 4 + 3 = 7!!!!!!

We totally rocked tonite! I just wished we could of gone!!!
Oh well we played the winners circle chant cd since we couldn't make it!

Jaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooodddddddddd Mooooooooolllllllllllooooooyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

My mum rang from New Mexico this morning and i told her every detail of the game and how great Jarrod and Cheese and everyone were so my mum and dad said to say "GOOOOOO COLLINGWOOD!!!!!" lol thats all!!

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:57 am

What a good win. I loved it !! Laughing

On Sat. arvo I went into the scoreboard chat to fine tune my commentating in case i was needed for the big game. The PA game was on radio and I was happily tapping away, thinking, "Mmmm this is not so hard!"

Came the big moment when Mike says, "Who will commentate?" "I'll give it a go" says I. Paulie chimes in with, "And I'll do the expert comments. Lol"

The game was live on Fox but my teev is directly behind my back, as I sit at my computer desk. I was quickly in strife. The TV commentary gives much less detail than radio. I had to keep turning 180o and then back to the keyboard by which time play had moved on.

An example of my commentary: "Bounce. Fraz Lica pass to Ant pass to Molly repelled Dogs forward inside Dogs 50 .... GOAL to O'B!!" Lol. Wow that Cheesy can sure kick a long goal. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Half way through the quarter, I had to call for help from Paulie. "Take over, m8. I need a drink!" So I enjoyed the rest of the game, watching the scoreboard chat more than the teev knowing I could watch the replay, later.

For any of you Nickheads who haven't followed a game in the chat, check it out. It's a lot of fun. We get Pies fanatics from all over the planet - Italy, USA, England, Singapore, (and even Rockhampton !!) - dropping in. After the final siren, we were singing the song with Daics. Over and over again !! Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:11 pm

I even gave commentary a go in Scoreboard Chat, though the game was almost over anyway, I still did it Very Happy Though I didn't know many of the Melbourne and St. Kilda players names Razz

The commentary in the scoreboard chat was pretty good, better then the one on ABC Radio, though I give them credit aswell, being atleast half interested in the game seeing as it was over at Half Time, and after that the commentators sounded bored. Good win all around, bring on the Baby Roos Very Happy

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:18 pm

Donny called the game? And I bloody missed it. I was on for about 10 mins and then ISP trouble stepped in. Westnet upgrading servers. I can't wait to get back...not this week against the roos, but the following one against the shockers.

GO PIES!

btw, Donny is right. For those of you who haven't checked out the chat, it's a must. I'll never forget the adelaide game with Taz after the siren...surprised my heart is still beating.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:26 pm

Yeah, that was a good night, all around, in chat, and the fact Collingwood won with a kick after the siren. Man, I thought Collingwood was going to lose there for along while during the game. And once the Crows went up into their forward line was the most nerous moment at the time. Then Tarrant was lining up for goal, and it seemed like everyone (even the commentators on T.V, and the Adelaide supporters) were quiet, awaiting the kick. You missed some good commentating, Blanch, although it's good every week in there Very Happy

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:06 pm

Donny m8, you wanna get a cheap tv tuner card, they are only about $100 and then you can have the game on your computer screen at the same time as calling the game, thats the way I do it, and as a bonus you can record it to your computer Smile
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:53 pm

What a good idea, MM.

Would I be able to watch the game and type into the chat box at the same time or would I need two monitors?

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:35 am

nah m8 just the one monitor, I have a program that acts like a video machine and you can set the window to stay on top allways in a couple different window sizes, works very well. I'll get a screen grab for you and show ya m8.
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:18 am

here ya go.

screen-la.jpg

screen-sm.jpg

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:36 am

Hey magpiemad - you wouldn't happen to have Jarrod's screamer from last weekend would you? I've searched to see if there are any photos on the web anywhere but can't find any - and would love to have a piccy of him flying high!

GO PIES!
Marg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: