Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#13 Richard Cole

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:57 pm
Post subject: #13 Richard ColeReply with quote

The following posts were copied from the 'Pies v. Dogs post game thread.
-----

Bartros says:

I am sooooo sick of people people bagging COLE he is young and inexperinced playing senior footy so give him a go.... Not everyone can be a superstar in the first couple of seasons......

And the sooner the people on here realise that the better!!!!!!!! HE is going to be a star one day.....

I think Cole is slowly showing improvement, and will prove to be one of our regular senior players in the near future. He pinpointed some nice kicks on sat nite and i cant remember seeing him make any mistakes with his kicking either.

He did persist in flying for the mark instead of going the punch a few times in the back line though, which i wasn't too happy about.

Molly
----------

I like Cole, he's a very good young player, sure he is going to make mistakes, but what young footballer hasn't? It's hard at Collingwood these days, there's so many good players, playing well, and some of the others can't get a go. He needs a chance, like some of the players, he'll come good. Not so long again, Josh Fraser gave away 3 goals in a game.

Prototype

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

He has a lot to like about him and then just lets himself down. Walls said last night the Pies are trying to find a position to play him. Good point from a moron. Cole can get the ball and relaxes at times when he gets it. Notice he missed the easiest of goals. They put him in the centre and he had 2 clearances form his 10 disposals. Good hands and great vision.

Still learning the game.
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:03 pm

Yep Culprit. Apart from the few obvious mistakes, he wasn't too bad last night imo. He still has a long way to go in terms of development and maturity but if we keep persisting with him in the seniors this will come a lot quicker, rather then relegating him to Willi everytime he screws something up.

I LOVED his crunching rugby style tackle on Leigh Brown that resulted in the goal for Burnsy, that was terrific. Coley loves to do all the hard stuff and that alone makes me happy Very Happy
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:24 pm

I would be playing Cole most weeks. His intensity is fantastic and he always has a go. He will improve more by playing senior footy then playing at Willy.

That bump was brilliant and im sure that would lift the players around you.

jlc

peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:08 pm

He is having a red hot go every week and is getting a few touches he just needs to improve his kicking a bit.
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:18 pm
Post subject: reReply with quote

Ive never said the kid cant play.
But i stand by my opinion that hes no good to us as a backman.
his mistakes cost us too many goals.
i mentioned in last weeks match report that he could be a handy wing or HFF and that is where he did some good work last night.
Still a long way to go
agree his tackling is good but sometimes his tackles linger too long after the ball is spilt,must say i didnt like the way he just turned his back on everyone when he marked at 40,and he muffed the kick after that.
freo have some tall quick fwds,maybe he can get a run up fwd for us next week.
it would be asking for trouble giving him a defensive role next week.
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:35 pm

that tackle Cole did in the goal square last nite which resulted in someone kicking a goal for us was sensational i thought and good to see all the boys come up to him to ackknowledge that tackle
Foreverpies 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:29 pm

Richie Cole will be a STAR.

It's amazing how many people say his kicking lets him down. Lica's weakest attribute is his kicking and he's won 2 Copelands.

Remember he was our youngest player out there last night, he's got a promising future! Smile
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:37 pm

Cole's coming along well, he's trying hard, last night he gave us a goal, plus kicked one himself. I think someone said he gave away one, but I think I may have missed it, did he? I only watched bits and pieces last night.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
jessa Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:50 pm

Yeah I like Cole! Leave him alone Smile
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:55 pm

that tackle was superrrb. that kind of intensity/impact play cannot be taught. he's such a natural talent.

and he also looks so COOL.
CP 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:03 pm

Interesting to note that the best laid tackles in the last couple of weeks have come from our forward line boys - Champagne Chris last week on Robbins, and Coley a couple of times last night.

Cloke, Wakelin, Johnson, Clement, Lonie and Presti have got the eye of the tiger back, our midfield has SMASHED very good opposing midfields, and the forwards are throwing some genuine bone-crushing beefcake around.

The hunger has returned indeed, and Micky may have timed this season just slightly better than last...time will tell.

But I've got a feelin' in my bones people - strap yourselves in, a leaner, meaner, YOUNGER, Collingwood is almost ready to explode.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:52 pm

Someone ought to tell them players never stand on the track when the trains coming through Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:59 pm

Yes, he's still making some errors - he needs to improve his decision making and general awareness of what's going on around him in particular - but there should be no doubts now about Richard Cole's potential value to the team. Simply put, every time he went near the leather last night, things happened.

We've all noted the bump on Brown - for me, that was THE play of the night and secures him a place next week on its own. There are plenty of worse things in football than giving away frees through hardness at the ball and youthful exuberance. A great effort.

Weed

M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:01 pm

Of course he will make errors after all he is young and new. I think he has been superb for a young player

http://collingwood.rules.it/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: