Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Match Report...Pies v hopless roos

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:25 am
Post subject: Match Report...Pies v hopless roosReply with quote

Late change Shaw out Kinnear in
bench to start proceedings is Didak,Cole,Cloke and Lokan.
Gee the umps look nice tonight,as they bounce to start the game,then again take 2 ,eventually the pies go fwd to Molly for the first fwd sortie of the night but the roos repel and mark and miss ,we turn the kick in over and Grant marks and its 2 points to nil.
its already eveident that there will be no easy ball tonight,the tackling from both sides is fierce.
Firast goal of the night comes when Rocca taps to cheesy who then sidesteps a couple and slots a pass to Rocca 55 out ...LOng Goal!!
I missed what happened next as 10 were doing ads as it happened,but we got a free somehow before it was back at the guts but missed the set shot.
Nth cannot pass our half fwd line with the kick in and we eventually give off to Bucks who bombs a LONG goal on the run.
Big Sav marks at 40 and hits the post on its pointy end.just like he did for us so often when we needed a goal.
Brodie Holland is doing a great job on Harvey.
A series of passes from Bucks to Taz to cheesy to burns...Goal!!
then Bucks is pinged for a tackle that loked fine to me,but i am biassed,and roos goal from 60.
Woey hits the post,we turn the kick in over on the wing Cloke gets it to cheesy who hits a leading Ant on the tit and its another 60 mtr goal.

gee these long goals are on special tonight.
27-9 at the qtr time huddle.
wakes gets things going with a 100 mtr dash up the flank passes to Ant who gives to molly and he bananas a point.
Clement bombs long and Taz marks and goals.
Cloke is doing a mighjty job down back ,starting a lot of the fwd thrust from his rebounds and seems to be getting on the umps right side tonight,never seen him get so many frees,and deservedly so as he is playing the ball all the time.
daks gets the ball in the pocket and centres 40 mtrs back to woey who misses an easy shot.Pt.
Cole shows some dash to break thru a pack but then takes too long to kick and is unloaded,roos go fwd and luckily **** up the kick and its only 1 pt damage.
Clement saves another shot at the death knot and gets his mitts on it just in time.
he has had 14 touches in the first half and is on fire.
Some wonderful tackles by Cole arouse the crowd,some members here got a hard at the time im told and Bucks kicks to the hot spot woey marks goals and its 48-17 at the half.
Its been a rough tough affair,roos giving us nothing and getting the same treatment from us.
our skills are good tonight everybody is doing their bit and its TEAM workthats getting us there.
the most pleasing aspect is the way our fwds are making it so hard for the roos to leave our fwd half/after last week where this was the worst part of our game.

We get first blood in the second half when Obree cuts off a roo handball flicks it to Taz who says ta very much and its a goal.
Josh gets a free hands to Bucks who hands to a running Johhno and its his turn to sink a LONG goal.
we are on top but against the run Roos goal from a mark in the square.
Johnno has another go at a goal from 60 on the run but you cant win them all johnno.Pt.
Brodie hits taz on the tit and its yet another sausage to the pies.
the next 5 minutes its up and back a fair bit as both half back lines are doing well,the tackling hasnt let up either,eventually Molly marks kicks to the square,burns and Cole use sheer strength to keep it in and Burns snaps a goal.
Mark that one down to Cole for his work in the square.
moments later you can mark another one down to Cole as he passed to Taz but it went over his head and rolled thru the hididdlediddle.
A brilliant side turn and lightning handball from molly to lonie and its trademark no 1 for the night long goal on the run.
Kinnear gets a soft free in the ruck,david king tells the umpy that hes a cheat,umpy says yes you are right so he may as well kick from 1 mtr out instead of 50 and its another goal,its a landslide!!
Molly sets up burns who kicks to kinnear..he spoils the party by missing from dead in front.
Down the other end sav kicks a goal of the year contender direct from his kyberpass.
and then Ant is pinged in the ruck...that was not fair...but the roos goal again anyway.
Clement limps off with what looks to be a hammy,and we have bucks josh and brodie on the bench as we end the 3rd term
Josh has been magnificent!!!
who was it that said he will NEVER make a ruckman?obviously someone who knows nothing about footy.
the same bloke put a lot of shit on young Cole,but i stand by my opinion that he shouldnt play down back,i said he was a wing or fwd flank and i reckon tonight proved that.Although he did make a few blues still.
those miss set shots were no good.
93-42 rex is already singing and joffa has on the gold jacket.

we open the floodgates with a goal to Bucks after once again Molly did the bullocking to get it out.
I hope all you molly knockers are eating your words.these last 2 weeks when he has been left on the ground all night have proven his worth to the side.
Bucks passes to daks who takes a one hander and goals.
TOO EASY!!!!
Cole misses a sitter,then Ant marks in fron of the point post and passes it 50 mtrs back to Cole who then hits a leading Taz on the hands and its another goal.
we are just toying with them now as lika snaps a goal from 40 then tries to do a repeat but misses this time.
Kinnear marks and kicks to the hot spot,daks makes the 3 north defenders look ridiculous as he weaves in and out of them and seals the games goal scoring for the night.
Kinnear was in everything for the last 5 minutes
VICTORY 19.12=126 to 7.8=50

the only thing missing was leon
his hobby is roo shooting.
Votes
2 Fraser(rucked almost all night and was superb)
1 Woey,Clem,Lika,Obree,Dutchy,Bucks,Rocca,Molly.

Rocca won the new mcartney medal for most hard at the ball player.
Johnno,Cloke,wakes burns all were worth votes as well but i only give out 10 a game and i cant fit them all in

I dont know how much last week took out of the roos,but it was a demolition job that we did on them.
freo have just pulled off the win of their lives and will be a tough nut next week
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: