Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Berry to lead Victoria in Pura Cup

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickiSlater 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:29 pm
Post subject: Berry to lead Victoria in Pura CupReply with quote

Berry to lead Victoria in Pura Cup
Wisden CricInfo Staff - August 6, 2003

Victoria have placed the leadership of their Bushrangers Pura Cup side for next season in the hands of their most experienced player, Darren Berry.

A veteran of 147 first-class matches, Berry's appointment was announced after it was ratified at the Cricket Victoria board meeting on Monday. Berry has led the side previously in 25 first-class matches, when understudy to earlier captains Dean Jones, Paul Reiffel and Shane Warne.

Cricket Victoria chief executive Ken Jacobs said: "Darren's obvious leadership qualities, passion to succeed, and his experience, were the key characteristics in making this selection."

Berry said: "It's a tremendous honor to be named captain of Victoria and I'm looking forward to the challenges that lie ahead. The role is one I have performed over a number of years and it's something that I think brings out the best in my game."

"I am confident that with the mix of experience and youth in the squad, the Bushrangers are well placed to build on our improvements of last season."

The captaincy for the ING Cup one-day programme has still to be decided as several options are being considered, according to team coach David Hookes.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see 'Chuck' get the captaincy.

I think Brad Hodge will be the skipper in the one dayers.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: