Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley speaks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2001 12:49 am
Post subject: Buckley speaksReply with quote

an interwiew those who dont get the Sunday Herald Sun might find illuminating. Sounds like it was a good summer for Bucks!

Buckley keen to share the load
By DAMIAN BARRETT
11feb01

STEPPING aside to allow his understudies to share media responsibilities will be one of several changes executed by Nathan Buckley this season.

The Collingwood captain, who has spent the summer searching for ways to "better myself as a person and player", believes his overexposure has not helped his lowly club.
Buckley said he reappraised his role because it hurt that his club had endured one of its bleakest periods during his two years as captain.

"I had a look at where I was, a look at my impact on the group, a look at the influence I was having as a leader, positive or negative," he said.

"There were areas I needed to be better at and I had to work out why things were happening the way they were.

"As captain for two years . . . I look at the club's lack of success and think that that has had to have had something to do with my lack of influence on people, because otherwise we would have done a lot better. I went away and looked at my part in all of that - took the initiative to be a better leader and to be a better person at the club."

Buckley said he had come to realise there was a need to curb his sometimes critical nature on the field, but added such tactics had been unfairly highlighted.

"My grandfather was a very critical person, my father was a very critical person; by nature, I have been a very critical person," he said.

"Because of me being used to that, I felt that was the way everyone else was.

"The situation I am in at the moment, with the young list we have at the club, it (on-field criticism) is not beneficial.

"I mean, it makes me feel good, makes me feel as though I am doing the right thing, but it is not the right thing. I know that now.

"But what has seemingly been lost in all of this is that my style also included no end of praise and encouragement.

"Only the criticism has been focused on. I understood the need for change, and have searched for that."

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2001 2:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read the story about bucks and i thought it was real good
I know bucks sometimes comes through here and has a bit of a read
cause he told me at vicky park to stop shit canning him and he even came over to us and shook our hands which is a bit of a bugger cause i aint washed it since,Bucks i reckon your ok mate infact i reckon your not just ok i reckon your a bit of a legend.
All the best for the comming season mate,I wanna see you hold up
that premiership cup mate just the thought of it is bringing a tear to my eye'we all love ya mate'
joffa.

------------------
There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.

eMmA 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2001 10:01 am

i saw the paper and read what bucks said and i thought it was great and his very true when he said:

"Anthony Rocca appears ready to blossom now that he is not part of the brotherhood anymore,no longer just savs little brother at collingwood"

LATERZ

Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 2:01 am

Trust Emma to pick out the only reference to a Rocca in a 1000 word article!

It's great to see that Bucks is now fully aware of his leadership deficiencies and has taken the mental steps necessary to address them.

This can only benefit the team: Bucks comes through again for the Collingwood cause. This man DOES bleed Black & White.

------------------
Broadie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: