Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mike Haysman

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:55 pm
Post subject: Mike HaysmanReply with quote

To Donny & the Wombat,
What can you guys tell me about this former player now commentator? I know he left South Australia to play in South Africa in the early '80s.
What was his motivation to do this? People say he would have been next in line for no.3 spot in the Aussie 1st XI. Was he a big loss to our countries cricket fortunes that downspiralled in 1984/1985? What were his stats vs. Australia in the 1985 rebel tour?

I've been meaning to ask this for a while.

Dyso
commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dyso,

Didn't really see much of Haysman before he went on the rebel tours. I returned to Aus late 84. My recollection was that he was regqardedas a stylish and talented batsman who has perhaps not progressed as far as expected. He may well have played for Australia had he stayed.

On the 2 rebel tours (85-86 & 86-87), he played in 6 of the 7 "tests" he scored 427 runs out of 11 innings (2 n/o) averaging 47.44 with 2 centuries, HS 153 at Newlands.

After the 2 tours he ended up settling in Sth Africa and played first class cricket for one of my old teams, Northern Transvaal, based in Pretoria. He was certainly a well performed batsman and was technically eligible to play for Sth Africa when they were readmitted as he had sufficient residence and had married a Sth African. By that stage he was heading towards mid 30's and selectors looked elsewhere. He retired @ 94-95.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Haysman played for South Australia, Leicestershire, Northern Transvaal and Transvaal.

He scored 13 centuries and 24 50s at first class level and had an average of 36.89

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: