Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#19 Andrew Williams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Those headlights wouldn't be on Jim Richards' car, by any chance?
Hooked
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:01 pm

Daks wrote:
Geez. You guys are nice. Rolling Eyes. Sure Willo might not be the best player on our list, but he still wears the black and white so he deserves our respect. We can't go around hating our own players. Do we really wanna be like Essendon fans constantly bagging one of their own? NO. Willo has had one bad year, that's it after showing alot of primise last year. If the guy is retained, don't create an uproar - wait and see how he performs next year. He'll come good.

Sadly, I don't think he will improve at Collingwood.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
pedro 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:13 pm

G'day everyone. Newbie here Smile

Sadly for Andrew Williams, the time has come. With the small list sizes these days, we already have too many players with huge doubts over them. Most are young. Williams is not and I can't see where the improvement will come from. Should be a no-brainer!
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:44 am
Post subject: ....Reply with quote

labrooy....

mate I'm going to have so much fun rubbing your nose in it when Willo gets delisted, which is sometime b 4 the november draft.... just wait.... Twisted Evil
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:33 am

We need the list space, and you only delist expendable players. Williams is one. Daks, we give him respect but if we are to move forward, he must go. Will he ever get any better? I doubt it, although MM may see something after the two goals against Carlton.
labrooy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:16 am
Post subject: Re: ....Reply with quote

Daniel wrote:
labrooy....

mate I'm going to have so much fun rubbing your nose in it when Willo gets delisted, which is sometime b 4 the november draft.... just wait.... Twisted Evil

Feel free Daniel... just for the record I am extremely disappointed with Williams and would not be too upset if he is delisted. Just commenting on your debating style.

BTW, I take it I can rub your nose in it if he stays on the list... Wink
MarkT 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:12 am

5 players must be delisted very soon in order for us to draft. We have swapped Nixon who would have to have been under consideration for delisting for Morrison. Kinnear has retired and we have taken Travis under the f/s rule. So for it status quo for list numbers. Now we have to make room for picks 10, 23, 55, 71 and for Nick Maxwell to come onto the list. That is 5 not even allowing for using the PSD pick 4. We might pass on 71. We need 5 or 6 spots though. McKee and Williams should be first in line to go. We have to decide who can win us a premiership. We know McKee and Williams can't. The hard decisions will be on the other delistings. O'Bree, Shak, Swan, R. Shaw, McGough, King, Lokan and one or two others are the candidates. The bottom line is some have to go and Williams has to be one of the first to be chosen.
Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:14 pm

Both of them players in Jonson#26's avatar should be still on our list! Need I say more but welcome to the Pies Chad! It's been a long time coming! As for Williams, good player lot of potential but just is not consistent enough!
PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:23 pm

Dan, that is the best way to put it. Good player, lots of potential, no consistancy. Maybe one of us could pop over to the BigFooty West Coast board to get their opinions on Willo.
MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:51 pm

Honestly guys, how is he a good player and what potential does he have? He was in and out of the side at WCE and he was carried for more than half of 2003 at Collingwood. In 2004 when he had to earn his spot back he couldn't. He isn't tall enough to be a marking player and he isn't quick enough to be a small. He has no standout feature in his game whatsoever. There is no point sugar coating it. He isn't good enough for AFL football and that's all there is to it. It isn't that he is inconsistent. He is the opposite. He is very consistent. He's played 2 or 3 good games in 2 years at Collingwood. That's very consistently bad.

Just for context, Rhyce Shaw played more good games and more good footy in 2004 in spite of limited opportunities than Williams did in 2003 and 2004 combined. Swan was about as good in 2004 and Williams was in 2003 and he has time on his side. If we didn’t have a maximum list size I’d be happy enough to carry him on minimum wage but we do have a maximum and if he stays a Swan or a Shak goes instead. Perhaps they’ll never be any better but we don’t yet know their limits. We have seen Williams’. It’s like 2 years ago with McKee and Kinnear. For the life of me I couldn’t and still can’t understand how the match committee couldn’t see that they had reached the limits of their potential and that wasn’t good enough. Williams is there now. He has to go.
Cakewalk 

For a minute there I lost myself , I lost myself

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:59 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:
Dan, that is the best way to put it. Good player, lots of potential, no consistancy. Maybe one of us could pop over to the BigFooty West Coast board to get their opinions on Willo.

Why would you bother?
He's clearly an absolute dud.

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:18 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:

And if either of you do, please keep them to yourself and don't waste our time by posting them here.

Hooked
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:32 am

How long can we afford to keep players listed that have the talent but not the consistancy? I would say you'd have to persist with them, as when they finally turn it on you reap the benifits. Williams is one of those players.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:49 am

Almost a year on, and we are still at the same conclusion.
MagpieGrant 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:52 am

Except now he is festering at Collingwood instead of Williamstown Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8   

Jump to: