Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

it's time for the draft and trades trades trades

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 1999 1:15 pm
Post subject: it's time for the draft and trades trades tradesReply with quote

just heard that we're going to make a valiant attempt to get nigel smart at the end of this year, since he's out of contract. he would be an ideal pickup, probably the perfect player to bolster our defence, plus he can rebound. what's more he's a thug, and he we desperately need one - no one stood up to steve lawrence in yesterday's game and it made me sick. since melbourne will be in search of a trade for some early draft picks, we might look to poach a couple of their players - maybe neitz? he's out of contract. we still have to get graham, and everitt seems out of reach now. by the way, everyone should read patrick smith's comment on the vic park game in today's age. it's great; the best thing he's written. sad but positive. if anyone knows anything about the upcoming draft - who we're likely to get etc., then it'd be good to know. can't wait for next season.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 1999 2:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

tarrant and sav are the only marking forwards we have? what about pebbles? he was our only focal point for the last 7 weeks of the seasons. mal takes a pretty good grab as well when he plays on a flank. who's this hazel bloke? didn't he play some games for our reserves? what we need is some defenders, i just hope there's some decent ones high up in the draft. but i like the sound of pavlich and fraser in black and white. we must get rhyce shaw no matter what, he's gonna be a champ. just thinking of wasley and shaw complimenting each other on separate wings is tantalizing.
Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 1999 4:04 pm

With the dorks losing today we would have to take Matthew Pavlich at number 1 to get him.

If we dont take him they definately will. They've already said they desperately want a centre half forward and have mentioned him.

They're also interested in SA winger Aaron Fiori and west aussies Paul Haselby and Darren Glass.

I've also read that we are gonna trade to get Matthew Burton. I sure hope that one aint true.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 1999 4:36 pm

what happened to matthew burton this year? i still remember when he used to get 50 hit-outs every week. let's trade bucks and the roccas for him.
Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 1999 5:52 pm

yeah good one

Burton has spent most of the year playing in the local league. I saw him in about 3 or 4 games and he struggled in all of them. He is just so weak, even midfielders were easily out-bodying him.

Pugsville 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 1999 5:01 am

Number One Priority - The Ruck we need to get a replacement for monky lined up. If we can't ge Everitt then it's the draft and take the best prospect (Josh Fraser). We need a quaility ruckman, richo strictly second string, Smith maybe short replacement if monkey goes done, Gardnier and Tuckey look to be second string rucks never would dominate the ruck.

Number Two - pick up strong defender (Graham after all Geelog look to be falling apart) Schuabs/ Presti are average good backmen and are improving but a quality tall definder would relieave some of the pressure.

Number Three- Goal Kicker. Short/Tall/Whatever some bloke who can Kick goals (Bret Harvey?)

In general we have got greater depth and a good bunch of young guys who will mature into better players. About half the team was basically in their first or two year of regular senior football. But to left the team performance we need to add quality just just greater depeth. I think next year almost all the list will be changlling to play seniors. We need to improve the top end now. Focus on picking up about 5 really quality players (3 draftees two trades/imports) could significant lift in conjuction with the natural improvement in the list.

Buton - NO WAY MAN. WAY NO.

yeah melbourne how about farmer, bad year, lyon leaving just maybe???

pugs

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 1999 9:51 am

i don't think we should discount the roccas for next year. i think they might surprise a lot of people. under a new, strict coach they'll have to perform - and when they're playing at their best together they can beat anyone. take for example that game against richmond last year (one of the most beautiful games i have seen, the one where sav got his shirt ripped off at the start of the game), and that game against freo at vic park, when they both kicked 10 or something.
ZED 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 1999 10:36 am

SPUDDA,

AARON SALISBURY IS 23 YEARS OLD.
PREVIOUS CLUB BEAUMAURIS AMATEURS.
PLAYED WITH RUPERT BETHERAS FOR MOST OF HIS CAREER. QUICKEST 1500M RUNNER AT COLLINGWOOD LIST (LAPS SOME). LATE STARTER TO FOOTBALL PREVIOUSLY RUNNER AND CYCLIST. KICKED A GOAL IN EVERY RESERVE GAME IN 1999.

ZED 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 1999 10:49 am

I BELIEVE OUR FIRST TWO PICKS SHOULD NOT BE LESS THAN 195CM IN HEIGHT.(FRASER,GREEN,PAVLICH WILL BE NICE)
EVERITT WOULD BE WORTH TWO PLAYERS IF WE COULD GET HIM. SHAW LOOKS CERTAINLY TO BE TAKEN UNDER THE FATHER SON RULE AND AFTER THAT WE START TO REACH THE SECOND TIER OF PLAYERS IN THE DRAFT.COLLINGWOOD MUST DOMINATE THE AIR NEXT YEAR ESPECIALLY IN DEFENCE.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 1999 12:09 pm

who's green? haven't heard of him yet. is salisbury worth picking up? i doubt we'll get everitt. he seemed pretty keen to stay at the saints after their win on saturday night. but you never know.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 1999 12:13 pm

in relation to pug's comments concerning the team's depth, i agree totally. we're probably the only club that knows every player on the senior list can play with some quality. in that regard it's probably only gardiner, fuller, smith, and kinnear who are yet to show total potential. though kinnear's mark against west coast was enough proof for me.
paul 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 1999 12:38 pm

Green was best player in the under 17 championships. He is an all round sportsman who is yet to commit himself to football in preference to his other fortes, thus would be a risk.

Others mentioned are Roach from Tassie and Phillipou from SA. I don't know anything about either.

Is George M out there? We need one of your incisive scouting reports.

I agree with Foxxy that we should get rid of Wasley.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 1999 1:41 pm

paul? i want to get rid of wasley? are you kidding?
Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 1999 2:26 pm

Bradley Green was best player in division 2 of the under 18 championships. If he nominates for the draft you'd hope he'd be serious about an AFL career.

I've heard that Jonathan Brown from Geelong is an outstanding prospect, and most likely to be taken in the top 5. He is a centre half forward and was the only Vic Country player to be picked in the all aussie team.

And if we're after a skilful goalkicking forward, Leon Davis from Perth would be a good pick. He is a super quick aboriginal player and may still be around for our third round pick.

I agree with Spudda that Anthony Rocca should be left down back for a while. Mal Michael or Chris Tarrant can play c-h forward next year

foxy wanting to get rid of wasley - now that was funny

Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 1999 2:32 pm

yeah i agree with foxy and paul we should get rid of Wasley, he has no potential and has shown no signs of cutting it at senior level..............

;-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: