Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

"Tarrant Returns Serve"

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 12:43 pm
Post subject: "Tarrant Returns Serve"Reply with quote

Just wondering if any Platinum members can just give us an idea on what Chris Tarrant had to say about "his so called life style way from the football field" in his most recent web article.

Thanks heaps.

GO PIES!

Marg

brodie_rocks! Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 2:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Here u go Marg! Just msg me of u want ne more of those articles or ne others! Chris Tarrant @ Magpies Platinum
Thursday, 16 August 2001

THE club and myself were certainly buoyant after our great win against the Western Bulldogs last week.

But things soured a little for me during the week when I picked up the paper to find myself the subject of a less than flattering story.

To be honest it was a bit of a shock to read about myself and my so-called lifestyle away from the football field.

I am pretty disappointed about that sort of stuff being written - as was the club - because the story has basically come out of nowhere.

It mentioned that I liked parties, girls and a beer.

Well, I am certainly no party animal but yes I enjoy a beer and I enjoy mixing with people outside of football - but find me someone who doesn’t.

There are plenty of players who enjoy a good time off the field but it’s a matter of keeping things under control which I have done throughout the year.

I haven’t been in any trouble off the field which is why I am a little bewildered to where the story has come from.

Maybe the story was written to get a response, to then make it a bigger story.

No-one spoke to me from the Herald Sun prior to the article.

But to be honest I wouldn’t have co-operated if I knew that was the type of story they were going to run.

I know extra publicity comes with the territory of being an AFL footballer and your personal life is scrutinised a lot more.

And there are always going to be people who will try to scrape some dirt from somewhere - and on this occasion they have scraped from the bottom of the barrel.

If I was out there causing trouble when I go out then I could understand the story, but I go out and enjoy a few beers - and I don’t think that is a crime.

I am sure that if Mick Malthouse thought there was a problem he would say something - or I would find myself playing with Williamstown.

Having said that it was great that Eddie came out and supported me but as I said the club was just as disappointed about the story as I was.

I am the first to admit my form hasn’t been as good as I would have liked but that has nothing to do with my social life.

I think one of the reasons is that I am getting closer attention which is something I have to get used to.

And while I have been struggling to kick goals my opponents haven’t been going out and getting best on grounds - all they have been doing is stopping me.

I will continue to work hard on and off the field to improve as a footballer and things will eventually click - and when they do it won’t have anything to do with what I do outside the club.

On a better subject, it is great news that Anthony Rocca and Leon Davis have both signed new two year contracts.

Anthony is one of those players that when he is on song, taking marks and kicking long goals, he certainly gives myself and the team a big lift.

He also does a lot of the tough bullocking work in the forward line which makes it easier for me and the other forwards.

Leon is great to play with and watch.

The crowd love him and he adds real excitement when he is on the ground. I love the way he plays.

He is an explosive player with fantastic skills and it’s great to see him stay here with his mates.

There is nothing better than having a player that can not only lift his teammates with his freakish skills but also lift the crowd, which in turn lifts the team.

And talking of crowds, there will be another big one this week when we take on Essendon.

It is another make or break game for us but these are the type of matches that you play footy for.

We have come off a good win against the Doggies and we will be tested again this week.

But we almost defeated Essendon earlier in the year, so we know we are good enough to match them - it’s just a matter of going that extra yard to win.

Cheers,

Chris Tarrant

~ANGEL~
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 4:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks heaps for that brodie_rocks! I'm hoping to join the Platinum section next year so I don't miss out on anything - but I was just curious to know what Chris had to say about the recent publicity.

It's great to hear him say that the article was garbage. Firstly I'd be surprised if a young guy didn't enjoy going out with his mates for a drink. And secondly as he said, he has been getting a lot more attention from opposition players, sometimes having to beat two opponents. He's still only young so will no doubt be learning a lot from the extra attention and will soon be back in his best form.

GO PIES!

Marg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: