Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2000 Season fixture

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dom90 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 1999 5:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ROUNND 11 COLLINWOOD V WESTCOAST AT OPTUS OVAL. ROUND 18 CARLTON V COLLINGWOOD AT OPTUS OVAL.

IS THE AFL STUPID OR WHAT. HOW THE HELL CAN THEY TREAT US LIKE THIS. THIS IS AN INSULT. AS FOR THE ROUND 18 MATCH. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN. SO WHY PLAY THESE STUPID LITTLE GAMES. WHAT ARE THEY TRYING TO PROVE?

ON THE ONE HAND IF THEY ARE SERIOUS, THEY ARE IN FANTASY LAND AND THEREFORE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THIS. IF THEY ARE TRYING TO STIR UP COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS, THEN IT IS A VERY CRUEL JOKE. WAKE UP AFL. AND DO YOUR JOB PROPERLY.

AS FOR ROUND 11. WELL WHAT CAN YOU SAY. MCG IS VACANT AND COLONIAL STADIUM IS VACANT. ANOTHER CRUEL JOKE?

WELL IF THEY ARE SERIOUS, I SUGGEST NOW WE START ORGANIZING A BOYCOTT OF THIS GAME. IT CAN BE DONE. IT HAPPENNED IN BRAZIL A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO WHERE ONLY A COUPLE OF HUNDRED FANS TURNED UP TO A SOCCER GAME AFTER A CALL TO BOYCOTT WAS ADHERED TO BY FANS OF TWO POPULAR CLUBS.

DID WE GIVE UP VICTORIA PARK TO GO PLAY AT CARLTON'S HOME GROUND? WHICH, IS A POOR EXCUSE FOR FOR A SUPER STADIUM.

I WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE GOING TO THIS MATCH IF IT IS PLAYED AT OPTUS OVAL. I DONT CARE HOW IMPORTANT THE MATCH IS. THIS IS NOT ABOUT SUPPORTING YOUR TEAM. THIS HAS TO DO WITH BEEN TREATED WITH RESPECT AND COMMON DECENCY.

ITS ABOUT TIME THE AFL REALISED WHO THE HELL THE ARE DEALING WITH. THE COMPETETION DOES NOT BELONG TO THEM, BUT TO THE REAL STAKE HOLDERS . US THE FANS. I REALLY FEEL STRONGLY ABOUT THIS.

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS. ONE GOOD THING ABOUT THE INTERNET, IS THAT IT GIVES US ORDINARY PEOPLE A REAL VOICE. SO LETS USE IT.

I SUGGEST WE BOMBARD THE CLUB WITH EMAILS AND FOLLOWED BY THE AFL. THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO GET WAY WITH THIS.

ALSO, DO YOU NOTICE HOW WE PLAY THE BULLDOGS AT COLONIAL STADIUM TWICE. ONCE AGAIN WE HAVE TO PLAY A HOME GAME AT THE AWAY SIDES HOME GROUND.

AND THEY EXPECT US TO BELIEVE THEY KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR FOOTBALL.

GP PIES.

------------------

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 1999 6:50 am

Well I don't like next years draw. It's a joke that we have to play a home game at Optus Oval. I won't be going. Switch it to Vic Park I say, have another last game there, the club can flog off more merchandise and make some serious money. As a country member I don't like the amount of night football played. To see a night game I have to stay down in Melbourne over night which is expensive an inconvienient. More Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon games please. As for Colional Stadium I'm glad we are playing at least one home game there, I'm looking forward to having a sticky beak at the new stadium and taking in the atmosphere. As for having to play Carlton at Optus, well that doesn't bother me, they can play their home game where ever they like, it's their game, their choice. We should be given the same choice with the Eagles game.
I@n S 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 1999 2:36 pm

Well the Lights are on but no ones is home at the AFL. The draw for 2000 is a joke. AFl have been treating Collingwood like rubbish the last few years and I don't know about you but I'm bloody sick of it. Does the AFL know the meaning of HOME GROUND??? Who in there right mind would what to go to Optus oval or Colional Stadium anyway. Hello AFL anyone home ? Everyone has a good point about the draw in this topic!!
ZED 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 1999 1:46 pm

Blockbusters do hurt us. We are drawn to play Essendon and Carlton twice just because we draw big crowds. Thats 8 points we have to work harder than anyone else for. If we miss the eight by four points and lose to Essendon and Carlton twice in 2000 dont you think we have rolled ourselves. More money no finals .

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 4:04 am

Zed I'm glad we get to play Carlton and Essendon twice next year, it means we will get to beat them twice next year and the only thing sweeter than that is beating them in a grand final.
ZED 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 12:50 pm

Fradam,
From that side yes I do agree. But if we could draw a lower side to Carlton and Essendon and thump them easily like Hawthorn ,Fremantle,Geelong,Melbourne and so on dont you think we are entitled to that.Collingwood,Essendon and Carlton should be guaranteed a final eight placing because they draw crowds accordig to the blockbuster theory.

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 9:14 am

It's the same for a lot of clubs, not only us Zed, Freo and West COast play twice a year every year as does Port Power and Adelaide. The only way we will get a fair draw is to get rid of some Victorian teams so we are back to 12 teams. We have 22 rounds, everybody plays each other twice and we go back to the best finals system, a final five.
Mich@el Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 1999 10:09 pm

The fixture makes me sick, the fixture makes me sick, the fixture makes me sick. I truely wish the draw was completely random.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: