Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#21 Guy Richards

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvlicca Virgo

Oh Nicky your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

optimax wrote:
luvlicca wrote:
Optimax I totally agree with your assesment on his tackle on yablett. The minute I seen that I knew he was gone. I hate saying one person could have cost us the game, but in my gut, his name keeps coming up and it kills me to lay the blame, but I just cant go past it.

thats it mate ive never blamed a player before for a loss but his tackling attempt just wont leave my nighmares

I was so furious when that happened, I stood up in the middle of our function and gave him a serve thru the tv screen (not that he could hear me lol) and said he didnt deserve to be wearing the black and white jumper and a lot more too, and when i finished I got a big round of applause.
Afterwards I felt sick that I had done that - I had never done it before, but I also felt like it was vindicated, but none the less, I really never want to have to feel like I have to do that again.
I was just appauled at his lack of effort, I just cant grasp it still you know.

spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:05 pm

To be fair to Richards, there were numerous crucial moments in the game that may have cost us.

Don't forget when Bryan was running into the 50 for a shot on goal, had no awareness around him and had his shot smothered. If I am not mistaken, we had all the momentum at that stage and would have put us 7-8 points up if I am not mistaken.

Many crucial moments that can win you a game.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:28 pm

Bad luck Guy. Hope he gets picked up in the pre-season draft...
optimax 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:20 pm

spoljar wrote:
To be fair to Richards, there were numerous crucial moments in the game that may have cost us.

Don't forget when Bryan was running into the 50 for a shot on goal, had no awareness around him and had his shot smothered. If I am not mistaken, we had all the momentum at that stage and would have put us 7-8 points up if I am not mistaken.

Many crucial moments that can win you a game.

bryan went to kick five meters earlier but penders i belive it was called him thru (visble at the game). I understand your point though

luvlicca Virgo

Oh Nicky your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:08 pm

Yes I agree Spoljar, but I think the reason that the Richards one stands out for me was because he had him in his arms - and he let him go!! Thats the hardest pat I guess, at least for me anyway.
But again optimax I agree, you could see Pendles call him thru - Corey just laid a very good smother, not much you can do about that, a tackle is different - he shouldnt have let him go!!

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:44 pm

this week i watched a replay of the finals and noted that richards had a very good kick but not much else. he was too often watching the play rather than being a part of it.

best wishes for whatever he does and i'm sure he'll reflect on an opportunity missed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: