Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#13 Dale Thomas

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

<Snip! Enough already - the mods team>
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:47 am

I expect the media will make these stories regardless of the number of posts on Nicks.

A quick cut and paste and they can recycle every story about Travis.
"According to sources"
"Rumour has it"
"Various media reports suggest"

Just omit any reference to David Cloke and the story will write itself.

Remember any denial of problems is a story in itself
"Eddie McGuire denied a rift"
"Buckley refused to comment"

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:54 am

hotpiesnolies wrote:
I am over discussing this type of 'will X take the money', if we lose him we lose him.
We did well with free agency this year and we may not do as well next year, out of just about everyone's control.

Hear hear! What will be will be, we can't control it so shouldn't indulge the frenzy.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:56 am

Trezegol wrote:
I guess it all depends on how many Collingwood supporters decide to make it an issue.

Collingwood supporters definitely need to take part of the blame for the Cloke negotiations becoming the saga that it was.

That article is an attempt at keeping footy in the newspapers.

How can you (as a supporter) accept blame when it is purely about weight of numbers. Journos make their living inventing half this crap and the assumption our massive supporter base wants to read it.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:00 am

E wrote:
Pa Marmo wrote:
Daisy leaving, although unpalatable, wouldn't hurt the side that much. He's a midfielder forward, and very replaceable. A Cloke type leaving, the man who gives the side structure, would have been terrible.

very ignorant comment (not unexpected).

daisy Thomas is the difference maker at Collingwood and the biggest reason we won in 2010. Pretty sure he has struggled to be at his best due to injury in 2012 and it really hurt us. Without his dominant surges, we looked fairly pedestrian last year.

would leave a massive hole.

Hardly ignorant to make the observation that one of the best power fowards in the league is more critical to team structure than one of a dozen midfield players. Rather obvious I would have thought.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:04 am

jack_spain wrote:
mudlark wrote:
What a stupid frickin' post. EVERY player at some stage will come out of contract FFS give it a break!! It's still 2012 and next year will take care of itself. Daisy WILL be a one club player.

Hey clown, don't blame me. It was Nathan Buckley who stirred up this non-story. Read the article from Jon Pierek.

As usual on Nick's people shoot the messenger.

Unless you were party to the conversation then that is a massive leap of faith. Bucks responses to questions openly and honestly from what I've seen and I think it's refreshing. Can't control how his responses are edited by some muppet from the press just as we can't control some of the dribble posted here.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:04 am

obleex wrote:
Sit next to Daisy's mum and girlfriend at the MCG...Daisy had a stress fracture in his foot and never got going which reflected in his form.

Hope he stays. When fit is a huge X-factor

And the truth shall set you free.....
Funkadelic 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:56 pm

I believe daisy will stay!
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:22 pm

The Prototype wrote:
Hopefully the contract talks will go better than they did with Travis Cloke and not leak into the media, and there won't be as much hysteria around the talks as well.

Though I wonder if Daisy Thomas can beat the Travis Cloke record of threads, and posts, and bullshit rumours.

Just wait until Cloking Device gets going with this story. He'll collect every bullshit rumour he can find (and personally not believe) and post them here just to amuse himself stirring up anxious Nicksters just like he admitted doing in the Cloke threads.

Don't fall for his trolling this time folks. Idea

Trezegol 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:01 pm

jackcass wrote:
Trezegol wrote:
I guess it all depends on how many Collingwood supporters decide to make it an issue.

Collingwood supporters definitely need to take part of the blame for the Cloke negotiations becoming the saga that it was.

How can you (as a supporter) accept blame when it is purely about weight of numbers. Journos make their living inventing half this crap and the assumption our massive supporter base wants to read it.

The hysteria created by Collingwood supporters throughout the past season regarding the Cloke negotiations inflamed those same negotiations. Why did certain Collingwood supporters boo Cloke in the 2nd half of the season? The panic created about Cloke heading to Carlton added fuel to the fire. Any journo would have been in 'journalistic' heaven with all the quotes they were obtaining from paranoid Collingwood supporters.

Yes the club ultimately handled the negotiations badly and yes David Cloke decided to individualize his son from the rest of the playing group, but we were certainly not blameless in this either. I hope many have learnt their lesson, but I somehow doubt this to be the case.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:09 pm

Trezegol wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Trezegol wrote:

The hysteria created by Collingwood supporters throughout the past season regarding the Cloke negotiations inflamed those same negotiations. Why did certain Collingwood supporters boo Cloke in the 2nd half of the season? The panic created about Cloke heading to Carlton added fuel to the fire. Any journo would have been in 'journalistic' heaven with all the quotes they were obtaining from paranoid Collingwood supporters.

Yes the club ultimately handled the negotiations badly and yes David Cloke decided to individualize his son from the rest of the playing group, but we were certainly not blameless in this either. I hope many have learnt their lesson, but I somehow doubt this to be the case.

As well as Collingwood detractors having a field day at our expense when spineless supposed Pies supporters blamed our club for the Cloke situation.

I predict the same people will be telling the same story next year ( Just delete Cloke and insert Thomas from the dialogue)

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Ceebs reading the thread.

The media will pump it because it's a Collingwood player, if a number of dimwitted Collingwood supporters all climb on believing the crap the media spits out, then yes it will be another Travis Cloke situation.

Then the year after that it will be Pendles.

The year after that someone else.

It's going to keep happening, hopefully footy followers learn some coping mechanisms in the near future.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:55 am

Member 7167 wrote:
Trezegol wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Trezegol wrote:

As well as Collingwood detractors having a field day at our expense when spineless supposed Pies supporters blamed our club for the Cloke situation.

I predict the same people will be telling the same story next year ( Just delete Cloke and insert Thomas from the dialogue)

Exhibit A

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:58 am

Member 7167 wrote:
Trezegol wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Trezegol wrote:

Exhibit 1

Those who don't learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them....

The Cloke fiasco was a right royal stuff up by all sides. You are just too narrow minded as usual to see that and too egotistical to concede that I'm right.

Meanwhile your concrete rigidity displayed in this post shows you'll be happy to repeat your simplistic posturing over and over...

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:15 am

I am a Collingwood SUPPORTER I do not adversely comment on the Club, its adminnistaration or players unless I am in possession of all the FACTS. My loyality to our great club will continue in the same manner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21   

Jump to: