Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#24 Tarkyn Lockyer

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUCKS 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:23 pm
Post subject: Is Tarkyn Lockyer overrated?Reply with quote

I’ve been following T. Lockyer for a while, and seen him pick up a lot of kicks, even taken some overhead marks, and done well in games. But in my opinion I still think his rated a bit too high by Collingwood fans and officials. I remember when he first stepped into the side, playing in the Back-Pocket. He was a sensation with his courage and superb kicking skills. As time went on and he got more games under his belt, he was moved into the midfield and in my opinion was good without being outstanding. He had his good games but also went missing a few times. And seemed to struggle on the more aerobic players. Now with the inclusion of Shane Woewodin, he looks more likely to play more of a half forward role this coming season. Taking what seems a less integral role in the side. A bit of a backward step in my view…

Don’t get me wrong. I love T Lockyer as a player. His attitude is fantastic, along with his work rate. And now he rates high as one of the leaders at our young club. But is his rating as a player a bit to high and has he been pushed out from the first rotation group midfields and placed in the second rotation group of midfielders? I tend to see it that way. But in away, it’s probably due to our side improving and having more quality players to work with. Imagine when the likes of Richard Cole and Dane Swan come in and become regulars. It’s going to be one hard side to keep your spot in! But I think Lockyer’s main strengths, is his work rate and good attitude towards the game, which will keep him in our side for many years to come. What do you think?

MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol well i think ur gonna cop some abuse from soem Tarkyn obsessed girls.

I think his ethic and work rate is superb, not rivalled anywhere but i do think he's better suited in the backline or on a 4ward flank rather than in the midfield. Having said that I think hes an AWESOME player and i cant rate him highly enuf.

Floreat Pica - May the Magpies prosper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:39 pm

as i posted on FTO;

SEASON 2002

shane crawford - 405 possessions. hawks B&F. 3rd in Brownlow. appointed Australian Captain.

Tarkyn Lockyer - 410 possessions. rewarded with new contract. bagged by fans.

conceed that crawford has greater effect in games but lockyer, even in an up and down year that 2002 was for him, continues to prove his worth. needs to get more of the hard ball though.

Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:40 pm

Two words for TARKS...

ALL CLASS...

His skills are excellent and I think he may be suited better off a half back flank...

Having said that...his finals series was terrible by his standards...the occasion seem to get to him...but he will come back better and stronger next season

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:40 pm

i reckon hes a legend and our future captain. great player, honest player, has a good attitude and is courageous.

overrated? I THINK NOT!
if anything he is underrated

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:43 pm

I reckon Tarkyn is an excellent player! I don't think he is over-rated.
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan~* *~Jarrod 4 Copeland 2003!~*

"I used to love seeing past players. Seeing them now and saying hello gives you a huge buzz. The passion and tradition around the club is fantastic and I love the way Collingwood supporters go about it- it certainly helps the way I play."- Jarrod Molloy

*~SeCrEt SqUiRrEl & gUaCaMoLeS 4EvA!~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:44 pm

Is Tarks overrated? I don't care if he's the most overrated player in the comp (he's not IMO). As I've said in 100 other posts, I trust MM to use the cattle as required. Tarkyn is an integral part of that cattle as far as MM is concerned. If Tarks is good enough for MM then he's good enough for me.

So NO he's not overrated, he deserves all the plaudits he gets.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:08 pm

No.

And I don't know why the hell people keep saying he is and doubting him.

Jen

--
Floreat Pica
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:17 pm

Overrated? No Way!

In fact I think its the opposite. His value to the team seems to be underated by so many people (particually some collingwood supporters). I cant stand it when supporters continually bag or knock him (and it happens way too much), especially when they doubt his courage. I think it must be the same people who tend to bag presti, fraser, rupe and lica. He might not have the natural skills and perfect build like other superstars in the AFL, but he makes damn good use of what he has. He does his job well and will continue to get better so long as he listens to the coach and ignores those who will always try and bring him down.

i_luv_tarkyn! Scorpio

Dream Big!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:48 pm

Tarkyn is under rated i believe, not just cos he is my fav player too. All the expert commentators always mention Bucks, Lika and Burnsie getting the ball out of the middle and setting up play in the forward line but Tarkyn also does this extremely well and always nails someone. He is very versatile and can play in the forward, midfield or back line. Being someone who has watched him for over three years and seeing his first game at Vic Park against Freo he has come such a long way and has become one of Shaw's best pick ups.

Go Tarkyn!
Luv Jess

carlabuckley_05 Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:41 pm

i say no.....he isn't overated

carla

there are two types of people ... those that barrack for collingwood ... and those that wish they did ...
tarkyns_gal Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:47 pm

in my opinion i think tarks is a great player, he has is off games as does any other player but im not going to be byast either and tell u that hes the greatest player in the world.

i think it will be good if he goes more into the forward line, hes an excellent kick at goal, not only does he kick them but have u noticed how many he sets up? plus im sure he would like that seeing as though he said feels pressured in the backline.

i agree about his ordinary form during the finals. but week in, week out he still gets his kicks.

peace xxx go pies

SPARKIN TARKYN 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:10 pm

of course tarks isnt overrated
have you not closely watched his game?
he works his ass off all the time
and because he is shorter it means that he has to work double time
sparkin tarkyn is a legend and watch out for him next year!!
luv shell

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:13 pm

As long as he's not kicking out from full back after a point - he's a definite start not matter what pie configuration you put on the park. he's got good skills too, just needs the right position.

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:17 pm

Very underated if you ask me! I never hear the commentators give him any raps or anything along those lines, PFFFF SHOWS HOW MUCH THOSE SPUDS KNOW!

Go The Pies!

Dan

Go The Richo!

UNLEASH THE VL TURBO!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8   

Jump to: