Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#24 Tarkyn Lockyer

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanskies Virgo

~~DUNN~~

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarks is a gun, he's there to win, and he is there for the club
Overated-NEVER

-Han

*I Love Jason, Yes I do, I Love Clokey and so Should You*
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:25 pm

I think he is under-rated as well.

It is because he was a sensation in his first year that he has come under more pressure form the opposition, with his move into the midfield he is definately under tagging pressure week in and week out, plus the fact that he was knocked out cold twice this last season doesn't help the confidence much either. I think he is a very important participant in the Collingwood side. He definatley has the work ethic and character that MM is looking for in each of his players...

overated - NO WAY!!

Cheers

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)
Abi 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:16 am

Tarkyn has never been a sensation, he has always been someone with modest talent who gets the most from his ability. Luckily for him Malthouse has always favoured him ahead of others at selection so he was able to keep his place when performing poorly. Even in 2000 when he finished 2nd in the Copeland he had an ok but not startling season. In fact he was playing back pocket and quite a few including Farmer, kicked huge bags on him and badly exposed him. Since then his kicking has deteriorated and often he has cost us goals when sending the ball back into play. I would much prefer a Lonie to kick it in. Yet Malthouse keeps faith and he rarely gets dragged like others. He is worth his place as a second tier midfielder, in the receiver mould as he is fairly soft these days. He's an honest toiler who is a reasonable contributor but expendable. If he was traded tomorrow for a first round pick or a Woewodin type we would be laughing and may then be able to give Heath Scotland more game time.

Pie fan forever

Abi 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:50 am

And furthermore I was very disappointed with his output in the finals, he played poorly in all three finals matches and was lucky to get the ground time that he did. He failed to step up but was quite happy as others have mentioned to be smiling annoyingly and broadly the day after we lost the Granny to prove that we the supporters hurt more than some of the players. A very sad moment seeing his post Grand Final glee.

Pie fan forever

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:29 am

Tarks is a very good footballer. Cam I think you're being a little too critical, it's just that when it does come of the boot wrong at kick-outs it can be costly. I remember a couple of years ago he took virtually all the kick-outs and almost never missed a target. Even during this year I remember hearing a stat that he'd found a target something like 102/110 times.

Go Pies!
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:25 am

abi, I think your being a bit harsh....the bloke is always smiling....shit I reckon he would be smiling at a funeral...

Perhaps his teeth are to big for his mouth???

I agree his finals series was very poor...but he is a class above scotland and will always be....

You never trade players of his quality, skill and work ethic...these players are a rare breed!

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:28 am

agree that his kick-ins have deteriorated badly - not sure why as his general field kicking is still pretty good.
abi - im not so sure MM favours tarks in selection. he obviously picks the best, fit side he can get his hands on every week. tarks had a very poor finals campaign as you stated, but he is versatile, hard working and possesses good skills - why should we be leaving guys like that out? he definately needs to toughen up(as do a few of our boys unfortunately) but farmer's 9 goal effort a couple of years back isnt indicative of what tarks is as a backman. farmer wouldve kicked them on silvagni that day and collingwood as a rule, not just tarks, have had huge problems stopping small, crumbing forwards over the last few years. i'd almost be tempted to swing him into a forward pocket every now and then next year - make him run out AT the ball to get a kick. it'll involve him in more pack situations and hopefully toughen him a little.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:34 am

Tarkyn Lockyer is a gun.

People forget how corageous he is when backing into packs etc and always puts his body on the line for the team and never shirls a contest.

Tarkyn also has immaculate foot skills either side of his body.

Im disappointed that people let alone Collingwood supporters think that Tarkyn Lockyer is over rated.

Sure he makes a mistake every now and again on a kick out but then again who hasnt? At least he has the courage to step back up to the plate and take the next kick out and make up for his mistake.

As for smiling after the grand final, did you want himt o turn up and ball his eyes out. Im sure as a player he would have been hurting probably more than us supporters. You have to realise that people deal with things in different ways. Tarkyn appears to be a happy person who is always smiling

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:42 am

I think Tarkyn is under rated also.

Tarks is one of those players who will never be a superstar. He's not buckley. He's not even Liccuria. He probably doesn't have the ability to get 40 possessions in one game. But he does have the ability to get 25 possessions EVERY game, and that's just as important.

Tarks is not the sort of player you would head hunt if you were after a premiership. But it's impossible to win one without his sort of player.

He's hard at it when he needs to be, he's desperate and dire when he needs to be, and his heart and soul are out there for everyone to see. He does the little things no one sees (except good coaches) and that is why he is generally underated, IMO.

They wont be trading Tarks any time soon, he is integral to our chances of winning the premeriship. You've got to have a balanced side, and tarks and burnsy give our side the tough edge when it's needed.

I'd like to see him go to the HBF again this year, but he's not shifting clemo or Clokey, so he may be up forwars agin, which I don't think he likes as much, but he does't complain, he just keeps plugging along. GO TARKS!

- Ben

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Abi 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:53 am

Tarkyn doesn't miss too many targets in kickouts because he is not very adventurous. He kicks it to the guy stationed in the back pocket most of the time. That gives us stuff all value except give a guy a stat. Tark also gets his stats up by playing on from full back. He is a good accumulator of stats but watch closely how many are really meaningful. Sometimes he gets ones which go straight up in the air, or others are short passes which don't gain us much ground. He is the master of the dinky kick. His skills aren't bad, but no better than Scotland who is stronger overhead. Tarkyn one on one is pathetic, loses every time, Scotland better but Malthouse has always rated Tarkyn due to the WA connection and Heath's early off-field indiscretions. Tarkyn is not that courageous, how often these days does he back into packs? He has shirked it quite a couple of times and the commentators made a point of highlighting this. I am not saying he is trade bait, but if we got a first round pick or half decent player he's one of the most replaceable in the whole team. He is not overrated because he is not really highly rated, but he's not underrated either, top five Copeland every year while impact guys like Rocca finish behind him which is absolutely MORE than a joke. Anthony was privately very miffed about this.

Pie fan forever

Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:54 am

IMO Tarks smiling the day after the GF was a sign of his professionalism. More than what can be said from some of those from that side who actually won.

He fronted up to the Footy Show and I think, showed what he is all about. I thought it was more brave than anything as that was a damn big job for a young guy.

Jen

--
Floreat Pica
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:29 am

not sure what your on about Abi....Tarks is awesome value for us....I have rarely seen him kick an up an under kick unless being tackled....his passes are pinpoint....you probably notice the odd mistake by Tarko becuase it is soooo rare...
Kick ins are dangerous at the best of times....keeping possession is more important then being adventurous....the short pass then creates a loose man and we can run the length of the field....Scotland improved out of sight in the second half of the season but 10 decent games does not put him in the same league as Tarks who has consistantly performed for us over many years...we need blokes who can carry the ball and hit targets....adkins got the ball but wasted it everytime...where is he now...

Tarks is a natural born leader and leads by example on and off the field....he is still very young and will get better.
No way would I ever trade him for a "half deecnt player"

Cmon mate he's a future champion of the club and I get the feeling your post might come back and bite you on the arse next year (hope so anyway)

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:31 am

i reckon abi hopes it comes back to haunt also as improvement is always wanted but for now, the post is actually pretty accurate i think.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:33 am

abi what u post is purely negative, maybe if u had have seen him the nite after the granny (AS I DID) then u wouldnt be saying he was 'gleeful' actually, that is just a ridiculous statement.
YES i play for collingwood when i could say i want 2 go back to WA, YES i put my body on the line every week, YES i am one of the most couragous players at the club, YES i am committed 100%, BUT YES YOURE RIGHT THAT I WAS GLEEFUL WHEN WE LOST THE GRANNY.

TARKO TARKO MAN!

I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 14 November 2002).]
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:10 am

Lol i just read your post again Abi and i cant believe you think Tarks only has modest talent and you think he is soft??

Lockyer would have to be in our top 3 for kicking in the team. Even the great Buckley has made mistakes from kick outs before. Tarkyn Lockyer is definately not soft either. He has backed back into many a pack and put his body on the line. Sometimes i think he is too corageous.

However you are entitled to your opinion so thats cool

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8   

Jump to: