Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#24 Tarkyn Lockyer

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Get Smart 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

TARKO Man has been terrific.
My guess for first goal in season proper.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:44 pm

Tarkyn is in our top 6 players.
Automatic selection.

-Craig

Nicholas 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:09 pm

I disagree that he is in our top six, I would have Rocca, Bucks, Didak, Tarrant, Lonie, Burns, Clement, Wakelin, at least before him in importance. He is playing well now but I look at their form when the season starts and also in the finals. He let us down badly in the finals.

Pies are the centre of my world.
d9 tank 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:30 pm

Bucks, Lica, Burns, Rocca, Clement are the clear top 5.

After that there are many fighting for the next positions and Tarkyn is right up there. Top 10 definitely.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:39 pm

Tarrant? Wakelin?
And Didak, on the strength of 2 pre-season games?
I'm talkiing about top 6 over the past couple of years. This means consistancy. The three players named above have not delivered the consistancy required to obtain the top 6 spot.
Mind you, ask me again in 6 months time.
Hmmm....try again I think!

-Craig

[This message has been edited by Black_White (edited 06 March 2003).]

Black_White 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:39 pm

posted twice, sorry

[This message has been edited by Black_White (edited 06 March 2003).]

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:51 pm

yep i agree with u craig

as if tarrant and wakelin are in the top 5 over tarkyn. tarrant is hard to match up on which makes him a good player but he doesnt really do a lot most of the time.

and didak going by TWO games, dont kid urself hes got A LOT of talent but dont overrate him at the mo

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:05 pm

I've always thought Tarks was a sensational player, and couldn't believe some of the crap I heard last year. Nobody can play 100% all the time. He has great skills and is a ball magnet. Go Tarks..

Bec
Go Pies!!
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:12 pm

tarks is consistantly one of our best players. it amazes me when people single him out for constant critism that he has proved over and over again is unwarrented. He might not have the build of a molloy, or the natural talent of a tarrent, but man he continues to hurt the opposition time and time again. Bucks walks a foot taller whenever tarks is around. Tarks would be in my side anyday.

Nicholas 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:34 am

Tarkyn plays a much easier position than Tarrant, nobody from the opposition ever mans him up. Tarrant is a marked man. Didak is much more deadly and dangerous than Tarkyn. Wakes is more important because key defenders are in short supply.

angel 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 4:00 am

I agree to an extent Nicholas, while I consider Tarks a good player with solid skills I do believe the opposition almost always ignore him, and now more so with our stronger midfield.

Pies light up my world. Davis was the next big thing but now it will be Didak or Cole. Go Pies!
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:04 am

Hang on a sec Nicholas. Define what you mean by "easier". One definition, which is what I'm using, is a position is "easy" based on the consequences of making a mistake.

If you talk to a lot of back line players they will tell you that their position is "harder" to play because if they stuff up it can be measured on the scoreboard far more easily. Conversely a forward position is then "easier". This is not to say that playing as a forward and doing the job well does not take skill, every position requires skill. Most coaches will look at who to put on the running midfielder and gun forward as one of the toughest tasks. And playing in the midfield requires an attacking and defensive component as part of that players skill. Of course even a full forward at times requires a defensive role, but I assure you Chris Tarrant or any FF is not thinking now how can I stop my opponent from getting the ball. It's more like how do I get the ball first so I can have a shot at goal. In some respects this is the same thing, but a FB will be thinking stop the FF at any cost and don't stuff it up. Your comment about Wakelin tends to suggest that you are aware of this.

Certainly Tarrant will get one of the best defenders in the opposition team, making his task "harder". But he has to be given the ball first, enter the midfielder.

Go Pies!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:54 am

didak is more DEADLY AND DANGEROUS??? please explain

have u noticed how many goals tarkyn has set up, just cos he DOESNT GET THEM, but thats not his job, he is mostly a midfielder these days. oh and just cos didak got a few goals the last couple of games.
remember the old days wen we were a pathetic side and tarkyn was the shining light doing the kick ins when it was his first year. oh yer. he can handle the pressure.

as if u can say didak is better going by TWO games, and tarkyn has been good for YEARS.

BTW who do u think was best for collingwood last week?

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
i_luv_tarkyn! Scorpio

Dream Big!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:58 pm

i totally agree CQ!
tarkyn can play anywhere- forward, defensive and in the midfield. he rarely misses a target, cool under pressure, his opponent doesnt get much of the footy and he runs out the whole game. im not saying didak isnt a good player, he has awesome skills but his goals have come from the kicks of the midfielders hitting him on the chest and in space so he can run. without guys like tarkyn who get the ball from all over the ground the forwards wouldnt be getting goals.

luv jess

* i luv tarkyn to infinity and beyond *
Nicholas 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:37 am

Midfielders have a lot more freedom, watch Tarkyn and see how often he is closely marked, put him at centre half forward or full forward with someone with the object of spoiling him and see how well he goes. Get him tagged and see how well he goes. He gets under the opposition's guard because of our other good runner. I do see him as a fair player though, just not in the top group.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: