Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 711, 712, 713 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

4 people payed a much higher price for doing absolutely nothing wrong
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:35 pm

think positive wrote:
It was a big semi, needs a special licence, I’ll bet they found some kind of drugs in his home. 20 years min for the truckie, and the full possible 10 for the scum who ran away, and a little jailhouse justice for the photos, and telling a guy with cancerto get more cancer.

this was my suggestion, i stand by it, you really think thats too harsh?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:18 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
How is my post in defence of drug use. Drug use is abhorrent to me. I just think there’s way too much putting the boot in, here. Two people did the wrong thing and will pay a price for it in due course.

Sorry to be a pedant, we don't know yet whether the truck driver did the wrong thing. Police allegedly found an ice pipe in the truck cabin and one in his home, but no mention of whether they found drugs. Blood was taken for analysis to see if he was wasted at the time of the incident, that result has been returned but not released. (facts to the best of my knowledge at time of posting). So we don't actually know yet what happened.

On the other hand, we all now know that Dick Pusey is an unmitigated oxygen thief who would provide most value to society if mulched and used as fertiliser.

Wonka 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:28 pm

stui magpie wrote:

On the other hand, we all now know that Dick Pusey is an unmitigated oxygen thief who would provide most value to society if mulched and used as fertiliser.

Hopefully his prison neighbours can get that done.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:41 pm

think positive wrote:
jesus was wrong. The good kid now feels less important. I’m not saying he should feel more important, but he sure as hell should not feel less. He can have the robe back, but he has to earn it first, and just walking in the door gets him a coat, but not a robe.

We give our nephew work where we can, but we do the same for his brother. No less.

When do we stop giving people excuses for their bad behaviour and hold them accountable

This is why some of the stuff in the gospels remains genuinely radical. Of course it’s counterintuitive. But as with the parable of the dudes in the fields who get hired at different times but paid the same, the good son hasn’t actually lost anything in this scenario, and doesn’t really have any good reason to complain other than jealousy (which is to say, if he wanted a fatted calf, he should take that up with dad some other time; it’s not relevant to the decision to celebrate Prodigal Bro’s return). This isn’t "tough love"; this is a zeal for helping the "lost" find their way back that transcends any concept of just deserts. That’s an approach that I think is at the core of much of the good done in the world, and one that flies in the face of the 1980s capitalist religion of evety man for himself that so many of us have been raised to believe in.

(Honestly, if someone can explain how this bleeding-heart liberal ever became so popular in a vindictive world, as well as being the central figure of an often-hypocritical and reactionary religion, I’d love to know.)

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:52 pm

David wrote:
think positive wrote:
jesus was wrong. The good kid now feels less important. I’m not saying he should feel more important, but he sure as hell should not feel less. He can have the robe back, but he has to earn it first, and just walking in the door gets him a coat, but not a robe.

We give our nephew work where we can, but we do the same for his brother. No less.

When do we stop giving people excuses for their bad behaviour and hold them accountable

This is why some of the stuff in the gospels remains genuinely radical. Of course it’s counterintuitive. But as with the parable of the dudes in the fields who get hired at different times but paid the same, the good son hasn’t actually lost anything in this scenario, and doesn’t really have any good reason to complain other than jealousy (which is to say, if he wanted a fatted calf, he should take that up with dad some other time; it’s not relevant to the decision to celebrate Prodigal Bro’s return). This isn’t "tough love"; this is a zeal for helping the "lost" find their way back that transcends any concept of just deserts. That’s an approach that I think is at the core of much of the good done in the world, and one that flies in the face of the 1980s capitalist religion of evety man for himself that so many of us have been raised to believe in.

or the good child could have been an arsehole for a while and then been nice again!

my eldest has told me in the past "you treat me different" my honest answer was "i know, and do you know you treat me different?" and guess what? she now gets it!

i dont give my kids participation awards for behaviour!

ive never read the bible and i never will!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:55 pm

^

I've thought for a long time that the "forgiveness" bit is actually the heart of a lot of the problems, particularly with the Catholic Church.

You can be the biggest cnut all week but if you rock up to church on Sunday, lob some dosh in the plate and go to confession where you feign contrition, it's all good.

Yes, forgiveness is good, yes we should be more open to it, but it isn't absolute.

When a kid keeps doing the same thing wrong, and every time you pull them up they say "sorry", how many times does that happen before you put punitive consequences in place?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:11 pm

As you probably remember from old discussions on here about the subject, I’ve never seen punishment and forgiveness as mutually exclusive. I don’t think for a moment that Pusey should be let off with a slap on the wrist for what he did (which wasn’t, let’s not forget, the killing of four police officers). He should receive his due sentence. But it’s interesting that someone above posted their hope that he gets a taste of jailhouse justice, which is to say being subjected to the very worst of the arbitrary cruelty of prison life in which the vulnerable have little protection against the self-designated top dogs. I’m guessing that a lot of people would be a lot less satisfied by a scenario in which he feels genuine repentance for all he has done and re-emerges in society a changed man – even though that would be much better for society, just as the prison violence some people celebrate makes everything worse – because that ruins the vengeance scenario of the villain getting his comeuppance.

And look, I’m not pretending to be a saint here: I’m not saying I could look into the eyes of a guy this far gone and love him the way Jesus commands his followers to love their neighbours, or those who have trespassed against them. But I salute those few who go into these environments and are able to actually see the humanity of the worst offenders, and actually dedicate their lives to helping them turn their lives around, particularly when they probably fail more often than not. I genuinely wish we could all be more like that.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:41 pm

David wrote:
As you probably remember from old discussions on here about the subject, I’ve never seen punishment and forgiveness as mutually exclusive. I don’t think for a moment that Pusey should be let off with a slap on the wrist for what he did (which wasn’t, let’s not forget, the killing of four police officers). He should receive his due sentence. But it’s interesting that someone above posted their hope that he gets a taste of jailhouse justice, which is to say being subjected to the very worst of the arbitrary cruelty of prison life in which the vulnerable have little protection against the self-designated top dogs. I’m guessing that a lot of people would be a lot less satisfied by a scenario in which he feels genuine repentance for all he has done and re-emerges in society a changed man – even though that would be much better for society, just as the prison violence some people celebrate makes everything worse – because that ruins the vengeance scenario of the villain getting his comeuppance.

And look, I’m not pretending to be a saint here: I’m not saying I could look into the eyes of a guy this far gone and love him the way Jesus commands his followers to love their neighbours, or those who have trespassed against them. But I salute those few who go into these environments and are able to actually see the humanity of the worst offenders, and actually dedicate their lives to helping them turn their lives around, particularly when they probably fail more often than not. I genuinely wish we could all be more like that.

mate, i always own what i say - Jailhouse justice was me, and after watching the video of him telling a cancer sufferer to get more cancer and die, i aint taking it back!

this is not his first rodeo, hes a serial cnut as stui says!

i know he didnt kill them, i also know they would not have been in the line of fire of the truck if he had not been high on ice doing 140klph. for sushi! sushi doesnt even get cold!

the max for leaving the scene is 10 years. i hopw he gets it, i doubt he will, and what pray tell, do YOU think is the right sentence for filming that poor woman, (surely there is a sentence in place for not rendering assistance??) lets not forget here that her family, her friends, and the entire police community will never forget he did this. its the absolute final insult. Ill cry no tears if my prediction comes true, **** him. he doesnt care about anyone else, he is completely beyond redemption.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:23 pm

I heard them say on the news tonight that the Coroner I think (I was trying to cook and listen at the same time) has said that the last words she heard were not from the oxygen thief but were those of compassionate people at the scene and paramedics - that’s a blessing and must help her family just a little Crying or Very sad
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:40 pm

Thanks for that, I haven’t watched the news, quite frankly I can’t handle it right now. That actually really helps to know. Cheers

(What was for dinner??)

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:41 pm

think positive wrote:
the max for leaving the scene is 10 years. i hopw he gets it, i doubt he will, and what pray tell, do YOU think is the right sentence for filming that poor woman, (surely there is a sentence in place for not rendering assistance??)

No idea, but I expect there are proportionate penalties for such things, along with failing to render assistance. He’ll have a fair list of charges to face from this incident, along with what he was getting booked for.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:22 am

think positive wrote:
Thanks for that, I haven’t watched the news, quite frankly I can’t handle it right now. That actually really helps to know. Cheers

(What was for dinner??)

Yes it does doesn’t it. Just tuna mornay - was all I could manage I’m going to have a perfectly shite week Crying or Very sad
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:11 am

stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
How is my post in defence of drug use. Drug use is abhorrent to me. I just think there’s way too much putting the boot in, here. Two people did the wrong thing and will pay a price for it in due course.

Sorry to be a pedant, we don't know yet whether the truck driver did the wrong thing. Police allegedly found an ice pipe in the truck cabin and one in his home, but no mention of whether they found drugs. Blood was taken for analysis to see if he was wasted at the time of the incident, that result has been returned but not released. (facts to the best of my knowledge at time of posting). So we don't actually know yet what happened.

I wasn’t talking about whether or not he was on drugs. On every occasion when I drive my truck at 100 km/hr into a bunch of people standing by the side of the road, I expect to be told I’ve done the wrong thing.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 am

/\ True that.

Bugger Morrigu hopeit gets better

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 711, 712, 713 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 712 of 719   

Jump to: