Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 712, 713, 714 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
How is my post in defence of drug use. Drug use is abhorrent to me. I just think there’s way too much putting the boot in, here. Two people did the wrong thing and will pay a price for it in due course.

Sorry to be a pedant, we don't know yet whether the truck driver did the wrong thing. Police allegedly found an ice pipe in the truck cabin and one in his home, but no mention of whether they found drugs. Blood was taken for analysis to see if he was wasted at the time of the incident, that result has been returned but not released. (facts to the best of my knowledge at time of posting). So we don't actually know yet what happened.

On the other hand, we all now know that Dick Pusey is an unmitigated oxygen thief who would provide most value to society if mulched and used as fertiliser.

I wasn’t talking about whether or not he was on drugs. On every occasion when I drive my truck at 100 km/hr into a bunch of people standing by the side of the road, I expect to be told I’ve done the wrong thing.

Very magnanimous of you, however it's academic now as the driver has been charged with 4 counts of culpable driving. Expect more detail later this morning.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:13 pm

https://www.9news.com.au/national/eastern-freeway-crash-mother-porsche-driver-richard-pusey-breaks-silence/f174eb4e-55b3-4c15-9c0b-8f842c05162d
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:27 pm

Possums. Common bloody Brushtail bloody Possums.

These aren't the ordinary sort of Common Brushtail Possums, these are Tasmanian ones, great big hulking things which come out of the tall eucalypt forest (where they belong) and march 100 metres and more into the cleared ground to eat our grass (which is fine, they can eat as much grass as they want, and to hell with the sheep) and then sit on our deck and piss everybloodywhere.

(I'm not kidding about the size of them. They are huge. If you see one standing up on his back legs on the grass, you can easily mistake it for a wallaby. Around twice the size of the mainland ones, and a darker colour too. Ugly brutes.)

Doesn't matter what you do, they always come back. I've taken to chasing them with a broom and giving them a bit of curry with the business end of it. Or pushing them off the balcony.

(They don't like that and they run away. But they come back when they think I'm not looking.)

But we could live with that. The other thing the bartasards do is eat our vegetables, beat up our fruit trees, and destroy anything else they can find by climbing it and breaking all the branches off. On a bad night, we have counted 30 of the big, ugly barstards, just by shining a torch from the house.

For the veggies, we have spent any amount of time, money and effort this last year or so putting up fences with - as per expert advice and directions - floppy tops that they can't climb.

Pffft! The fences slow them down a bit, and it takes them a while to figure out how to climb them, but eventually they do. And there goes another 20 tomatoes or a row of lettuces .... Grrrr!

Anyway, I went silly with the credit card the other day and bought all the bits for an electric fence. Well, as many bits as you can buy - electric fences are made for sheep, cattle, and horses. You need a very different sort of setup for possums. In the end, I gave up trying to source insulators and standoffs to suit and made 60 or 80 out of wood.

Big effort on the weekend, got the fence completed - it's 100 metres in circumference now, though we will extend it later on - tested, and ready to zap, zap, zap!

And it works! They don't like it at all. They wonder what this new thing is and sneak up quietly to sniff it.

Ka-zap!

Right on the nose you barstard. That'll teach you to ruin my best tomatoes.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:18 pm

awww, 30 of them would make an awesome photo!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:35 am

Apparently they go alright on the BBQ too.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2011/06/06/3236877.htm

I bought a solar powered electric fence years ago to stop the dogs going in the garden, worked a treat, also good for small children.

Recipe for Possum Pie. http://erinandstepheninnewzealand.blogspot.com/2010/04/cooking-with-possum.html

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:07 pm

Sorry Tannin but I loved that story, lol'd at them coming back when they think you're not looking.

Please keep us updated, this has the beginnings of another Kingswood and his wallet out the window saga...
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:41 am

Just another reason China can get $%$ed

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/donkey-beaten-death-hammers-chinese-medicine-traditional-peta-china-asia-a8072081.html?fbclid=IwAR3b9yc0ojUXmBTXJ67xJJdy8ItDk0oqA31UuEccCBR1SmrIlY5tDGVhoWo

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:05 pm

think positive wrote:
Just another reason China can get �$%$ed

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/donkey-beaten-death-hammers-chinese-medicine-traditional-peta-china-asia-a8072081.html?fbclid=IwAR3b9yc0ojUXmBTXJ67xJJdy8ItDk0oqA31UuEccCBR1SmrIlY5tDGVhoWo

On Twitter, the hashtag #fuckchina is starting to trend.

I saw a link to an article about 6 animals being eaten to extinction. I won't link it cos you can only read the start without registering but the start says that people here say they will eat anything with 4 legs except a table, anything that flies except a plane and anything in water except a boat..

A shorter way of saying it is an old chinese quote, "If its back faces heaven it's edible"

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:49 pm

stui magpie wrote:
On Twitter, the hashtag #fuckchina is starting to trend.

I saw a link to an article about 6 animals being eaten to extinction. I won't link it cos you can only read the start without registering but the start says that people here say they will eat anything with 4 legs except a table, anything that flies except a plane and anything in water except a boat..

A shorter way of saying it is an old chinese quote, "If its back faces heaven it's edible"

NO don't be silly you can't say things like that about the Chinese as if they would do that!!

Hey Stui I don't do Twitter but had a quick look - why does it trend is it the number of likes or retweets or ? I could google I know - being lazy Razz

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:06 pm

It's basically repeated usage, the more people use the same word or hashtag.

If a tag actually hits the trending list, everyone jumps on. I just happened to see one with the hashtag, then you do a search ny that hashtag, and a fricken lot of people from all round the world are saying FU to the CCP.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:17 pm

^ ta for that - now I get the whole hashtag thing I’ve used them on Facebook posts but never really knew why! Embarassed Razz
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:29 pm

Laughing

Yeah, hashtags are just a way to categorise your comment or tweet.

eg, if you're watching a reality TV show, it will have a hastag. married at first sight has the hashtag #MAFS, some people might use #MAFSAU. If you want to see what other people are saying about tonight episode while you're watching it, you search for that hashtag and can see all the tweets from everyone who's used it. You can choose to like or argue with anyone whether you know them or not which is how Twitter lends itself to pile ons. You can engage with like minded people over a subject based on the hashtag or troll them.

This probably won't work for people who aren't on Twitter. https://twitter.com/search?q=%23fuckchina&src=typeahead_click&f=live

Scary bag of pissed off

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:41 pm

$$%^%%$ hell that poor dog, omg, $$%^%%$ sickening. yes F&%K CHINA
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:54 pm

stui magpie wrote:
This probably won't work for people who aren't on Twitter. https://twitter.com/search?q=%23fuckchina&src=typeahead_click&f=live

Scary bag of pissed off

Yep it worked - bloody hell my comments that got me a naughty smack are timid in comparison Shocked

Not for me I don’t think - I like to be warned before horrific animal cruelty videos or pictures appear so I can not watch them Evil or Very Mad

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:54 pm

^

I assumed the one with the guy basting the live dog in the wok was a staged fake.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 712, 713, 714 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 713 of 719   

Jump to: