Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

And the 2008 Nick's BB Gavin Brown Medal goes to...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Gavin Brown Medal

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kate1985 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

kambarker wrote:
Northern Pie wrote:
lets take this further, I will chip in $10 to get a medal struck for the winner and the have it sent to the club....it may get thrown in the bin but hell it might actually become pride of place in someones top drawer at home...what do ya reckon?

Cheers

Happy to add to the coffers if this is the way to go!!

I'd happily offer $10-$20 for the medal.

And congrats to Swanny, it's well deserved!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:42 pm

Well, we've got money out of the way, so is anyone able to do this? I think it would be a fantastic intitiative, I'm just unsure of how we'd go about it. Could someone contact the club and arrange a meeting with Swanny? I suppose I thought of Joffa (if he has the time) because he's already well-known to the club and even works for them in some capacity as far as I'm aware.

Anyone have any ideas how we'd do this?

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:53 pm

why would we need to meet swanny? We could send him the honour....I would be more than happy to help organise this,l the only thing is that we would have to seek permission from Gavin Brown to use his name....is there anybody who can contact him in regards to this...oh and while we are at it, time to call upon the design team to come up with how it should look? fire away!

Cheers

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:42 pm

Pied Piper wrote:
No disrespect Luke, and I didn't have a problem with the old system myself, but a number of people have said they wished for a different approach. That doesn't mean the present system hasn't worked; just that some are dissatisfied with it. There is no harm in holding a poll to determine what model Nick's netizens want to go with and the current system should and will be one of the options.

Granted, however the system has been used for three years, and results may end up inconsistent in the future (inconsistent with what we've already achieved).

As for the Gavin Brown Medal, it is always possible to simply drop it back to the NicksBB Medal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Gavin Brown Medal All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: