Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Official Web Site is on the air

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2000 2:01 pm
Post subject: The Official Web Site is on the airReply with quote

The new official web site is up and it looks....wait for it....bloody fantastic.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/
SIB4897 Pisces

Moe HS & Karingal HS (Frankston) Old Boy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2000 1:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to use the feedback link to say well done but the mail was returned as pleman@bigpond.com unknown. I tried pieman@bigpond.com.au instead but still got the same error response, not a promising start...

------------------
Stephen Ives, Manchester, England,(ex Frankston & Moe, Vic.) Pie 'til I die

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2000 11:37 am

The NEW site looks GREAT. It looks really good, alot better effort than periously and is very inviting, meaning I want to come back and hcek it out! Keep it up!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2000 11:42 am

Yeah Ive had the same problem with the feedback- one minor gltich that will need some fixing!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2000 11:44 am

BUT we must remember it is not fully up and running yet! if you read the fine print it says that on the 15th of feb, the site will be fully launched with a press conference etc! I also had a problem with a 404 not found when trying to join the weekly news bulletin!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2000 11:45 am

BUT we must remember it is not fully up and running yet! if you read the fine print it says that on the 15th of feb, the site will be fully launched with a press conference etc! I also had a problem with a 404 not found when trying to join the weekly news bulletin! Shit there are a couple of 404 Not founds, thats sux.( i just tried another page)
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2000 3:39 am

The new web site looks great, a huge improvement on anything we've had before. My only concern is that Sportsview (Vizard's web company) have developed one generic afl club site template and then used it to create the individual sites for Collingwood and Carlton. Consequently both sites are identical, have a look. As well as the thought of sharing anything with Carlton sticking in the craw, this completely destroys Eddie's promise of a site that is better than that of any of the other clubs. So I ask the mandatory MU question: Would Manchester United share a web site design with their traditional enemies? The answer is obviously: No, it's unthinkable.

It also raises an interesting question. On what basis have Sportsview charged for the site? A huge proportion of the cost of the site (at least 90%) is in design and development. Once you've got the shell built you just have to type in the content. Sportsview have obviously built one shell and are adapting it to suit its various AFL clients. If Sportsview are charging each AFL client the full cost of design and implementation they are profiteering to a huge extent. If they aren't, then why are we still building our official web site on the cheap?

Food for thought.
Mich@el Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2000 11:51 pm

Damn. The site sounds very unoriginal now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: