Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made me laugh today...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 192, 193, 194 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^

Hah. Laughing

I thought this to be a tad humorous.

Quote:
Senator Pauline Hanson has fallen victim to an online prank after a tech savvy critic noticed that a website domain in her name had expired.

Internet users hoping to find out more about the outspoken One Nation leader by visiting www.paulinehanson.com.au are now redirected to the Refugee Council of Australia’s (RCOA) website.

https://7news.com.au/politics/federal-politics/pauline-hanson-falls-victim-to-online-prank-after-website-domain-ownership-expires-c-1959923

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:39 pm

No that’s clever and funny 😄
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:52 pm

Randy Rainbow on Dr Trump’s medical advice

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DPDPzbLFeP4

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:54 am

https://wwos.nine.com.au/tennis/australian-open-nick-kyrgios-slams-novak-djokovic-bernard-tomic-girlfriend/1f27cfee-de88-4703-8b51-c3839a8dbbf1?ocid=edm-nine.com.au-ninedaily--210119&mktg_scr=edm-ninedaily

well the wild child got it right here!!

as for the dumb entitled selfish cow who has "never washed her own hair" well you just have to, well, want to punch her in the face i guess!

i mean they can always **** right off back to their own germy filled countries, wash their own dishes?? for christ sakes, give them paper plates, recycled of course, if they cant wash china!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:16 pm

First Dog on the Moon's predictions for 2021:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/18/what-can-we-look-forward-to-in-2021-lets-ask-one-of-those-terrifying-dancing-robots

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:29 pm

Went for a walk to the town beach and swam back. I had to laugh at what people consider camping these days. Some people are still in tents but the number of ginormous caravans outfitted with Solar Panels, generators, TV arials and satellite dishes is unreal
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:52 pm

David wrote:
First Dog on the Moon's predictions for 2021:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/18/what-can-we-look-forward-to-in-2021-lets-ask-one-of-those-terrifying-dancing-robots

😂😂

Love the Nazi scientist clone Hitler and he immediately gets a job on Sky 😂

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:27 pm

and people wonder why their kids turn to crime

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-police-news-assets/front-page-news/wanted-offender-khe-sanh-cox#.YA5WJjEzbZI

her mother is probably called Winnie-blue

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:07 am

Her father (now estranged) was Vic Fosters.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:01 pm

Put this up before but I do enjoy it, the alternate NZ National Anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COhMUiFlOFA

Everyone knows the real once is Slice of Heaven by Dave Dobbins. Razz Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:19 am

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry:

Biden’s sign language interpreter was a Trump supporter signing Trump misinformation 🙄😱😂😢. I suppose the give away was the constant use of the middle finger when Biden was making a speech

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/28/biden-asl-interpreter-heather-mewshaw/%3foutputType=amp

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:46 am

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/03/texas-emergency-alert-chucky-doll

The Texas public safety department say that they "apologize for the confusion this may have caused and are diligently working to ensure this does not happen again.” Laughing
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:14 am

watt price tully wrote:
I don’t know whether to laugh or cry:

Biden’s sign language interpreter was a Trump supporter signing Trump misinformation 🙄😱😂😢. I suppose the give away was the constant use of the middle finger when Biden was making a speech

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/28/biden-asl-interpreter-heather-mewshaw/%3foutputType=amp

This is a very concerning report, though not in the way you might think.

There is no indication there that she did anything wrong. Nothing in the linked article alleges that she misinterpreted Biden in any way. The article provides no evidence at all on this, the crucial point on which the entire thing rests. The nearest it comes is a quote from some expert who said, effectively, "It would be easy to misinterpret a speech, like this, or like that" and provided no statement whatever on whether she actually did so.

The article says she interpreted misinformation. Nowhere does it suggest that she was the origin of any misinformation. It bends over backwards to give the impression that she went balls out to help the Trumpists by interpreting for them, but nowhere does it provide any hint as to whether that was ordinary paid employment, or something she did pro bono ... er ... I think I mean contra bono.

In short, this is as bad an example as you will see of modern journalists' allergy to finding stuff out. They parrot press releases and make no attempt to actually report anything. This article is 100% smoke and no hint of fire. It is full of armwaving and devoid of content.

FAIL.

(PS: is that interpreter a nasty Trumpist intent on distorting Biden's words? Or a working professional faithfully translating whatever speech she is paid to translate? We have no way of knowing.)

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:56 am

It's just standard guilt-by-association stuff; not really worth giving it the time of day. Competent live sign-language interpreters aren't exactly a dime a dozen and it makes sense that they would ply their trade for a range of people (and obviously one expect that their political beliefs would not interfere with the performance of their jobs ... that is, if they want to keep their jobs). I agree with Tannin that this is an appalling beat-up. The Washington Post should hang their heads in shame, and give this constant reds-under-the-bed routine a rest while they're at it.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:56 pm

^ Just on that final point, when was the last time there was an actual red under a bed in the US? The 1950s, maybe? I mean, apart from the two guys driving their Antifa Kombi all over the US to orchestrate BLM and to run their "false flag" up at Capitol Hill on 6 January?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 192, 193, 194 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 193 of 200   

Jump to: