Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

yep well that was expected

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:04 am
Post subject: yep well that was expectedReply with quote

So we win games week after week and get bugger all posts glorifying how good we were. We won, tick, move on, who are we playing next week, lets start analysing and previewing...........

Tonight we lost and there's more posts on the main board than there has been for weeks after a game. Why is that?

Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

not confident at all going into this match all week. nicks was ok but bigfooty, we were being so overhyped by our own supporters..

even though the last few weeks have been amazing performances i just knew we werent there yet. geelong are a whole different prospect. the st kilda game was still fresh in my mind
richo 

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:26 am

When we lose people want answers, or analysis. When we win, we just enjoy it.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:29 am
Post subject: Re: yep well that was expectedReply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
So we win games week after week and get bugger all posts glorifying how good we were. We won, tick, move on, who are we playing next week, lets start analysing and previewing...........

Tonight we lost and there's more posts on the main board than there has been for weeks after a game. Why is that?

It's not we lost it's how we lost. We looked Scared of the Cats and showed that are not as good as they are and I can't see use catching up to them for a While.

Just like the Problem with the Lions early last decade

1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:32 am

richo wrote:

Exactly! We win with big scores we enjoy it! we win by 1 point we enjoy it! we win ugly we enjoy it!

We lose to a mob that's had it over us for a while now and we want to dissect it and find out why we keep loosing to this mob and find the answer to beating this mob!

BARRACK HARD!
Sultan of spin Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:59 am

Because we played like shit and people want to know why, why did we get pumped by a team that after even watching that game I think we should beat?
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:40 am

stui magpie wrote:

Because some children throw tantrums when they don't get what they want.

There's nothing profound about the loss; they're the benchmark and we're on the rise. How hard is that to comprehend?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:43 am

Some may children throw tantrums and others don't, but not all.
sportingtragic 

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:00 am

pietillidie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

There's nothing profound about the loss; they're the benchmark and we're on the rise. How hard is that to comprehend?

thank christ someone said it - this is hardly unexpected and besides, we played significantly better than ppl are making out.

its all about expectation. if you expect the pies to win the GF this yr, then this is a rough loss

if the expectation is that we still need a couple of extra pre seasons into our young mids and further development into our talls (dawes, wood, reid, brown etc), the result is about right. geelong are 2 time premiers and in great form after all

avg age of last ten premiers - 25yrs 5 months and 121 games

tonight;
pies - 24 and 2 months, 89 games
cats - 26 and 10 months, 123 games

we're bang on track. anything earlier than 2012 will be a great bonus (and well deserved for MM before he hands over)
E 

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:35 am

sportingtragic wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

thank christ someone said it - this is hardly unexpected and besides, we played significantly better than ppl are making out.

its all about expectation. if you expect the pies to win the GF this yr, then this is a rough loss

if the expectation is that we still need a couple of extra pre seasons into our young mids and further development into our talls (dawes, wood, reid, brown etc), the result is about right. geelong are 2 time premiers and in great form after all

avg age of last ten premiers - 25yrs 5 months and 121 games

tonight;
pies - 24 and 2 months, 89 games
cats - 26 and 10 months, 123 games

we're bang on track. anything earlier than 2012 will be a great bonus (and well deserved for MM before he hands over)

I disagree. there is nothing to suggest that we arent tracking as well as the cats were in 2007 or the hawks were in 2008. we campeted with the cats for most of the night but are just not quite there. we struggle against the cats and saints to keep any kind of forward structure.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:13 am

Honestly, Im not worried at all about our performance tonight. We had players down on the night, sure. There were some crucial decisions at critical points of the game. Johnnos handball deemed a throw was attrocious. Anyway Reid still continues to impress me , as with Beams. Neon was down , along with Dawesy I feel. tried hard though. Hey, round nine...meh. Still feel, with the depth we now have and the continuing improvement of our boys, all will be well at the crunch end of the season. Still very confident we can go ALL the way!
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:21 am

skaman wrote:
Honestly, Im not worried at all about our performance tonight. We had players down on the night, sure. There were some crucial decisions at critical points of the game. Johnnos handball deemed a throw was attrocious. Anyway Reid still continues to impress me , as with Beams. Neon was down , along with Dawesy I feel. tried hard though. Hey, round nine...meh. Still feel, with the depth we now have and the continuing improvement of our boys, all will be well at the crunch end of the season. Still very confident we can go ALL the way!

I think the concern is the players who were 'down on the night' is quite common against St Kilda and Geelong, the challenge for the coaching staff is how to rectify this. Davis, Didak and Cloke not kicking a goal between them is completely unacceptable.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:29 am

everyones dirty, what do you expect? we lost, things wont improve untill id week im guessing.
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:13 am
Post subject: Re: yep well that was expectedReply with quote

stui magpie wrote:

Because we are 7 wins 2 losses at round 9.

Anyone on this board should be pleased with that. I know I am.

It is only May. Season has a long way to go. The only criticism of the game I have is 'what happened to the running' we went back to a defensive hole, bombing into our forward 50'. I thought that style was behind us. We just seemed to have forfeited our attacking game.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:28 am

richo wrote:

Well said Richo. Got it in one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: