Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

yep well that was expected

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sultan of spin wrote:
Because we played like shit and people want to know why, why did we get pumped by a team that after even watching that game I think we should beat?

i never thought id agree with you on anything, but i sure do on this - i really think after we got in front a bit, they came back, we had a few fumbles and panicked - i still think we lost rather than they won- which is good, we will get em next time!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 am
Post subject: Re: yep well that was expectedReply with quote

bwphantom wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
So we win games week after week and get bugger all posts glorifying how good we were. We won, tick, move on, who are we playing next week, lets start analysing and previewing...........

Tonight we lost and there's more posts on the main board than there has been for weeks after a game. Why is that?

Because we are 7 wins 2 losses at round 9.

Anyone on this board should be pleased with that. I know I am.

It is only May. Season has a long way to go. The only criticism of the game I have is 'what happened to the running' we went back to a defensive hole, bombing into our forward 50'. I thought that style was behind us. We just seemed to have forfeited our attacking game.

They Where Scared of the Cats

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:49 am

Dave The Man wrote:
bwphantom wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
So we win games week after week and get bugger all posts glorifying how good we were. We won, tick, move on, who are we playing next week, lets start analysing and previewing...........

Tonight we lost and there's more posts on the main board than there has been for weeks after a game. Why is that?

It is only May. Season has a long way to go. The only criticism of the game I have is 'what happened to the running' we went back to a defensive hole, bombing into our forward 50'. I thought that style was behind us. We just seemed to have forfeited our attacking game.

yup - count the game experience, bet the gap is huge, as is the pumped up media and player expection of the cats - good experience for our youth, they will go back watch the replay and realize they could easily have won the game, i really dont believe we were outclassed in anyway (geelong had the fumbles and slips a bit too), it was lack of confidence and nerves - our games to now how been a lot more polished (okay not against melb!!) and confident - i think the hype got to them, but hind sight will show them they do have what it takes.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:06 pm

think positive wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
bwphantom wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

yup - count the game experience, bet the gap is huge, as is the pumped up media and player expection of the cats - good experience for our youth, they will go back watch the replay and realize they could easily have won the game, i really dont believe we were outclassed in anyway (geelong had the fumbles and slips a bit too), it was lack of confidence and nerves - our games to now how been a lot more polished (okay not against melb!!) and confident - i think the hype got to them, but hind sight will show them they do have what it takes.

Very Good Post Mate

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:43 pm

Why Stui?

Because most Collingwood fans expect to win every game as if it is their god given birthright.

Expectations have reached ridiculous levels now and if we do stumble, I suspect the apocolypse will be upon us all.

The exodus from the MCG before the game had finished was embarrassing. That's not the Collingwood I know and it is quite clear that the record 56,932 members advertised on the website are mostly fairweather downhill skiing blow-ins.

Bear in mind that we were still top of the top of the ladder until that final siren sounded and Geelong have only edged us on percentage. People stormed out of the MCG like we had just lost our 9th in a row and were doomed for the spoon. Also remember that we lost TWICE to Essendon in the 1990 home and away season.

Shameful. Things didn't go our way on the night and this happens often, no matter how good you are.

HTFU

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:43 pm

Look at it this way. Geelong will start favorites whenever we play them again this year. For us, thats a good thing Smile
Hugor Leo

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:58 pm

Cam wrote:
Look at it this way. Geelong will start favorites whenever we play them again this year. For us, thats a good thing Smile

Agreed. Can you imagine the hype if those scores were reversed!!
I fear we would get way too far ahead of ourselves.
I prefer to be the underdog and recent history has shown we do much better that way.

My concern out of all of this is a point that was raised during the week about our depth.
This is continually touted as one of our strongest advantages over other sides.
Our depth will help us play a better team than most through the season by resting and replacing injured players. It will ensure us a good ladder position leading into the finals.
I think our best 40 is probably the best in the business.
But in the end it comes down to the best 20 vs the best 20, not the best 40. I'm of the opinion that their best 20 is better than ours, and that was obvious last night.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:17 pm

die4pies wrote:
Why Stui?

Because most Collingwood fans expect to win every game as if it is their god given birthright.

Expectations have reached ridiculous levels now and if we do stumble, I suspect the apocolypse will be upon us all.

The exodus from the MCG before the game had finished was embarrassing. That's not the Collingwood I know and it is quite clear that the record 56,932 members advertised on the website are mostly fairweather downhill skiing blow-ins.

Bear in mind that we were still top of the top of the ladder until that final siren sounded and Geelong have only edged us on percentage. People stormed out of the MCG like we had just lost our 9th in a row and were doomed for the spoon. Also remember that we lost TWICE to Essendon in the 1990 home and away season.

Shameful. Things didn't go our way on the night and this happens often, no matter how good you are.

HTFU

nice to see nick's has returned to normal. i was getting worried there.

Shades 

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:27 pm

If you dont want to diessect a loss, then why go to a BB?

Win/Lose you need to examine how to get better. Obviously theres more to say when your team loses.

To equate more posts during a loss with supporters being fickle or waiting to turn on their club is stupid.

How about you take your high and mighty attitude to a different board and let people who like talking about footy and footy strategy continue posting.
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Shades wrote:

Win/Lose you need to examine how to get better. Obviously theres more to say when your team loses.

To equate more posts during a loss with supporters being fickle or waiting to turn on their club is stupid.

How about you take your high and mighty attitude to a different board and let people who like talking about footy and footy strategy continue posting.

Nicely said shades.

People have different opinions, it's a BB ffs!
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:31 pm

may champions one week, spuds the next. it'd be ok if there was rational critical analysis of what went wrong but more often than not the post-match 'analysis' becomes an exercise in character assassination.

i'd love for dave86 to do a review as incisive as his previews.

Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:28 pm

die4pies wrote:
Why Stui?

HTFU

Great post, Shane.

mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Pied Piper wrote:
die4pies wrote:
Why Stui?

HTFU

Great post, Shane.

Right on. I totally agree. I would have been ashamed if I'd been there, too. After all, it's not as if we're 1 and 8 or haven't won a game yet, like Richmond. Then I'd expect people to get in here and question the gameplan, the coach, call for sackings etc. But we're 7 and 2, people. We've beaten Carlton, Freo and the Dogs, of the teams in the eight or round abouts, so let's not get too stroppy, okay? I would have loved them to win, too, but imagine the pressure then. At least it wasn't a flogging.

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:59 pm

Shades wrote:
Win/Lose you need to examine how to get better.

Why?

I can understand the coaching department, but why do supporters need to do this?

I know Paul Licuria will be doing more than his 70 hours work this week to help examine what went wrong and what can be done to put us back on track. All the coaching staff are like this, but it is their job and they do it with an extreme level of passion and love for our club. A level of passion and committment you will not find in any other type of organisation.

I do not see the purpose behind filling the internet with uninformed and boarderline defamatory rantings.

The modern 'Collingwood supporter' is a little too full of their own sense of self importance. If you want to add value to the club, do your job as a supporter and support.

1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:14 pm

Shades wrote:

Well said Shades!

Not all of us are "potting" players but instead recommend ins and outs.

I love my footy so much I want to do more than just support my team I want to discuss with fellow supporters what we think is needed for our Club to get better. I know the club couldn't give a sh!t what us key board coaches recommends but its still very informative for us what a lot of posters put forward!

BARRACK HARD!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: