Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who Owns Collingwood FC?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Several answers above are correct in whole or in part, according to the Memo and Articles of Association I have for the Collingwood Football Club Limited.

1. Collingwood FC Ltd is an incorporated body limited by guarantee. Each shareholder guarantees the debts and liabilities of the Club to an amount not exceeding ten dollars.

2. Each paid up Social Club Member of the Collingwood Football Club is nominated as the Club's shareholders. 1 membership = 1 share = 1 vote (excludes junior Social Club Members).

3. The Collingwood Football Club owns and manages property plant and equipment and various other tangible and intangible assets in its own right. However, the logo, the name 'Collingwood Magpies' and all associated branding is owned by the Australian Football League and licensed for use by the Collingwood Football Club Limited.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:08 pm

totally frank wrote:
not sure but I know who'll be owning the Geelong FC tonight!

Well played, ex-Frankiboy! Mr. Green

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:09 pm

Nobody owns Collingwood - it is an enigma all to itself...
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:18 am

David wrote:
totally frank wrote:
not sure but I know who'll be owning the Geelong FC tonight!

Well played, ex-Frankiboy! Mr. Green

Very Happy

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:47 pm

This is an example of what I am talking about

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-face-unrest-over-finances-20101127-18bhy.html

The Tigers are on the way up, they have 'stabilised' their financial situation, which I guess means they are no longer haemorraaging money, and they have a good coach and what could be the makings of a top four side (premiership even .. after we win the next four grannies of course)

Yet now that progress has been made these evil, self important 'cotiterie' groups are cropping up trying to destabilise the board and undo all of their hard work. Mark my words, these people are only in it to gratify their own insatiable egos! Being a successful businessman does not qualify you to interfere with the workings of a football club!

As we have just won the grannie and look to be set to win a couple more, as we have a healthy balance sheet, strong corporate partnerships, we have Nathan Buckley signed on and we play VFL at Victoria Park, Collingwood's own evil cotiteries are being held at bay - for the moment. God knows what would be happening in the Westpac Centre's corridors of power if we had lost that replay. In any event now is the time to dismantle these troublemaking groups and change the club's constitution to ensure that their power to destabilise and interfere is curtailed.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:11 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-face-unrest-over-finances-20101127-18bhy.html

The Tigers are on the way up, they have 'stabilised' their financial situation, which I guess means they are no longer haemorraaging money, and they have a good coach and what could be the makings of a top four side (premiership even .. after we win the next four grannies of course)

Yet now that progress has been made these evil, self important 'cotiterie' groups are cropping up trying to destabilise the board and undo all of their hard work. Mark my words, these people are only in it to gratify their own insatiable egos! Being a successful businessman does not qualify you to interfere with the workings of a football club!

As we have just won the grannie and look to be set to win a couple more, as we have a healthy balance sheet, strong corporate partnerships, we have Nathan Buckley signed on and we play VFL at Victoria Park, Collingwood's own evil cotiteries are being held at bay - for the moment. God knows what would be happening in the Westpac Centre's corridors of power if we had lost that replay. In any event now is the time to dismantle these troublemaking groups and change the club's constitution to ensure that their power to destabilise and interfere is curtailed.

You really do run off at the mouth a lot don't you? For one, you have no idea whether Collingwood has coterie groups or not. Second you have no idea of their influence. Third you have no idea of the quality or not of their influence. Yet you presume to make value judgements and call for action etc about a whole heap of stuff you know nothing about at all.

Coterie groups, pressure groups, factions, revenants of factions etc come in all shapes and sizes, some with histories going back generations at Collingwood. I'm sure Die4pies can outline the histories to you if your really interested. Maybe you should be interested as then when you post on topics like this, people like me won't regard you as a self important, ignorant little twerp. Twisted Evil

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:33 pm

and which of these evil organisations are you a member of?
sharrod_theiceman Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:39 pm

Coterie groups are an important part of any football club. They often pay for large purchases or finance extra staff or amenities. They also provide business opportunity for the club, players and the members of the coteries.

An an example of what Coteries do is that the Club 42 coterie paid for the altitude training room we have at the westpac centre

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:08 pm

With due respect Nick - I believe you have got this all wrong. There are a number of these groups that make up part of the Collingwood family. It cost the members considerable $$$'s to be part of these clubs and they contribute significantly to the clubs overall financial position. With few exceptions the membership of these groups are very passionate and pay big money to attend lunches at games for themselves and their guests.

Yes – you have to be well healed to be able to afford to be part of this scene but then again the membership is made up of people for all walks of life who support the club in many different ways.

I personally do not have the $$$$’s to be part of these groups although I have been along to a number of functions. Personally I prefer to sit with my family and friends in the Ponny.

There is also another group that organise lunches / dinners and sell other items. The profits from this activity goes towards the paying for private insurance for past players that have medical conditions (many associated with their playing days) who cannot afford the cost of insuring themselves. As per this example – these individuals and groups do a lot of good.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:38 pm

Quote:
Coterie groups, pressure groups, factions, revenants of factions etc come in all shapes and sizes

aaahhh yes, the mla and the lexus centre cult. Mr. Green

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:58 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Nick - Pie Man wrote:

You really do run off at the mouth a lot don't you? For one, you have no idea whether Collingwood has coterie groups or not. Second you have no idea of their influence. Third you have no idea of the quality or not of their influence. Yet you presume to make value judgements and call for action etc about a whole heap of stuff you know nothing about at all.

Coterie groups, pressure groups, factions, revenants of factions etc come in all shapes and sizes, some with histories going back generations at Collingwood. I'm sure Die4pies can outline the histories to you if your really interested. Maybe you should be interested as then when you post on topics like this, people like me won't regard you as a self important, ignorant little twerp. Twisted Evil

Laughing Oh Ron mate, have you lost your sense of sarcasm? Has the political trauma of Labor losing finally got to you?

I hardly think Nick is too serious. Wink Laughing

It's what Neil Postman called, "Amusing ourselves to death." Razz
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:00 pm

jack_spain wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
Nick - Pie Man wrote:

Laughing Oh Ron mate, have you lost your sense of sarcasm? Has the political trauma of Labor losing finally got to you?

I hardly think Nick is too serious. Wink Laughing

It's what Neil Postman called, "Amusing ourselves to death." Razz

jack, can you pls explain what a 'cotiterie' is? is it a brassiere?

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:17 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
and which of these evil organisations are you a member of?

The one that holds human sacrifices out the back of the Westpac Centre... You're on the list..... Twisted Evil

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Tough cotiteries!

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:31 pm

pietillidie wrote:

Tough cotiteries!

leathery even.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: