Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who Owns Collingwood FC?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

pietillidie wrote:

Tough cotiteries!

Cotiteries? Is that a lesbian thing?

I don't like it! Razz

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:19 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Nick - Pie Man wrote:
and which of these evil organisations are you a member of?

The one that holds human sacrifices out the back of the Westpac Centre... You're on the list..... Twisted Evil

Make up your mind.

if you were sacrificing virgins without specifying genus and species you may have it covered. Razz

Daicos Mullets 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:32 pm

magpie greg wrote:
Apparently it is going to be a combined sacrifice and dinner dance.

With a stage show?

3RRR

The Pies are back at Vic Park!
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:37 am

Trolls come in all shapes and sizes
E 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:10 am
Post subject: Re: Who Owns Collingwood FC?Reply with quote

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
Simple question really.

I'm assuming it's not my mate Eddie Everywhere, he's just the president.

Do we the members own the club? Or is it these 'cotiterie' groups I have heard so much about? What are these groups? I understand that they are often responsible for undermining coaches, presidents etc like Sheedy, Knights and Wallace. Does Collingwood have cotitieries? What can we do to stop them from exerting their evil influence over our club?

Or is the club owned by the cheer squad? Or does it have no owner?

This is all very confusing. I know that the Swans and the Bears were owned outright by a gay doctor and a gayer businessman a couple of decades ago. But who owns the pies?

NOT HAWTHORN I HOPE, I HATE THOSE F@CKS

Interestingly, there was a period of timenot so long ago when Gene Simmons from KISS owned the Carlton Football Club.

We are a not for profit club in the sense that what we make is to be reinvested. There are no owners per se in the sense that there is no one who could profit from a sale of the company and no one profits from the success of the club directly. So i guess we arent owned by anyone.

"who are we Controlled by". Well thats a separate question. We are controlled by the members, subject to the rules of the organization, which we the members can change. Putting those two things together, there are some things that a board can do (run the club) and some things that members have to vote on (appointing the board, changing the rules of the club). In effect, the members have complete control of the club in an overall sense. However, the only way they can effect that control is really through the appointment of board members.

So you get what we have here, which is the way he wants it.....
Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:07 am

The AFL own our name and trademarks. If they withdrew permission for us to use the name and trademarks then Collingwood Football cease to exist under that identity.
Therefore the AFL truly own us.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:45 am

Nick, you misunderstand what a coterie group is and does.

With memberships, they form a large part of the financial backbone of any large sporting organisation.

You will find that most of the corporate dollars filter into the Club through the coterie groups and/or their broad network of contacts. The misconception that one man goes out and collects all the sponsorship dollars for us is to simplistic and naive. However, such a perception would serve to build a person's political credentials if this was indeed the case, so I can understand why the perception exists. Especially in an organisation with sharerholders that don't even know they are shareholders.

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:07 pm

I've worked with incorporated associations in the past and understand the whole 'shareholders but not really' thing that goes on there.

Tell me more about these coterie groups. I have heard of a couple like the Industrial Magpies, the Knights of Abbotsford etc. I understand that memberships are way way more expensive that what your average punter could afford.

Obviously a pack of rich supporters getting together and helping out the club by buying them stuff, paying off their debts etc is greatly desirable. Look at Melbournes 'debt demolition'.

But when these people get together behind closed doors and start whispering - perhaps they don't like Mick's game plan, or they feel slighted because Eddie doesn't give them enough air time - then they start working against certain aspects of the club - that's when premierships are lost.

Look at Richmond ffs

You have to take the good with the bad I guess but I still contend that these groups are evil. If I had stacks of money I would give it to the club and expect nothing in return except a few more premierships.
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:24 pm

Knights of Abbotsford is not a co-terry. Rolling Eyes
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:06 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
I've worked with incorporated associations in the past and understand the whole 'shareholders but not really' thing that goes on there.

Tell me more about these coterie groups. I have heard of a couple like the Industrial Magpies, the Knights of Abbotsford etc. I understand that memberships are way way more expensive that what your average punter could afford.

Obviously a pack of rich supporters getting together and helping out the club by buying them stuff, paying off their debts etc is greatly desirable. Look at Melbournes 'debt demolition'.

But when these people get together behind closed doors and start whispering - perhaps they don't like Mick's game plan, or they feel slighted because Eddie doesn't give them enough air time - then they start working against certain aspects of the club - that's when premierships are lost.

Look at Richmond ffs

You have to take the good with the bad I guess but I still contend that these groups are evil. If I had stacks of money I would give it to the club and expect nothing in return except a few more premierships.

The Collingwood Industrial Magpies are not really a coterie group in the usual sense. Our objective is not to assist the Collingwood football Club, but rather to work towards reconciliation by supporting and building relationships with remote Aboriginal communities, through our joint love of football. We do this as Collingwood supporters. Obviously the Collingwood Football Club benefits from the goodwill we generate, but this is a by-product of our activities, which are instead aimed at assisting football in remote Aboriginal communities. To date, most of our activities have been focused on the community of Yuendumu, where we 'discovered' the amazing talents of Liam Jurrah.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:10 pm

Is this what you call a "word problem".
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:12 pm

probably worth bumping this thread.
My interest is who has voting rights at the AGM
As far as I know it is only the social club members.
Does anyone know how may social club members are there?
I imagine most members are not social club members and therefore have no voting rights.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:06 pm

Evidently Carlton do...
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:22 pm

Carlton owned us today I'm afraid. Sad
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:26 pm

The Fat Controller owns Collingwood. Everyone knows that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: