Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#21 Sharrod Wellingham

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wellers is grouse mouse.
mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:27 pm

My thoughts exactly. Loves the big games. Will be an incredibly damaging player.

He has what Judd and Ablett have which is an ability to keep his head over the ball, strong in the tackle, gets smashed and gets straight back up.

I laughed when I heard Freo fans (freo forum) want him and believe he would come home to WA.

----------
------------
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:08 pm

Just from being at the game without a stats sheet or anything, I had Beefy Wellington as my Best on Ground in the GF.

When he's playing well he keeps his feet, does the little things to stay involved such as shepherding, tapping the ball on, etc, wins crucial one-on-ones, is very strong overhead for his size.
Our most improved player in my opinion - just ahead of Thomas who has definately gone to the next level, but Wellingham has taken a giant leap.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
swooper 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:17 pm

Love his courage and silky skills.

Had one of the biggest smiles on stage last night at AAMI...great game Sharrod!
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:30 pm

Wokko wrote:
Wellers is grouse mouse.

hehe, I like it! Smile

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:30 pm

King Monkey wrote:
Just from being at the game without a stats sheet or anything, I had Beefy Wellington as my Best on Ground in the GF.

When he's playing well he keeps his feet, does the little things to stay involved such as shepherding, tapping the ball on, etc, wins crucial one-on-ones, is very strong overhead for his size.
Our most improved player in my opinion - just ahead of Thomas who has definately gone to the next level, but Wellingham has taken a giant leap.

i havnt looked up the stats either, but i too think he was BOG MK, the kids ability to break tackles is a super rare skill, tackle breakers are game winners and IMO he's the best tackle breaker on our list, just imagine how good he'll be when he fills out a tad, as i said earlier, will be a rock star of epic proporsions within 2 years, ablett like.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:43 pm

nah to me he is more Judd like with his jets.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:58 pm

Cam wrote:
nah to me he is more Judd like with his jets.

fair call, either way, im happy.

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:01 pm

[quote="mackasmatt"]My thoughts exactly. Loves the big games. Will be an incredibly damaging player.

He has what Judd and Ablett have which is an ability to keep his head over the ball, strong in the tackle, gets smashed and gets straight back up.
I laughed when I heard Freo fans (freo forum) want him and believe he would come home to WA.

tell em to get stuffed Very Happy , the kids trade value would be through the roof, just think the roo's couldve had him for a 4 spot upgrade on their pick 25, massive lols, but then again, we offered it so massive lols on us as well, thank F@#k they declined.

You like this.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Wellers is a star and will only get better. I can see him being one of the stars of the comp, but it's still early days, but the signs look great. Very Happy
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:42 pm

He's fantastic with his speed and ability to break through and away from stoppages with the football. That's a trait really elite players like Judd and Ablett have. His disposal can still be pretty wonky and I think that's more down to confidence and concentration than technique. I think he'll gain a ton of self-belief from his performance throughout the season and continue to improve. As Emma Quayle wrote after the Geelong game in round 19 (where he polled the three Brownlow votes), he's the real deal.
jimbeam 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:46 pm

Once understand he has an extra 2-3 seconds on everyone which will come and is just his natural instinct he will be a weapon of the highest order, a D.Kerr type with pace and skill to burn... Gun player, seems like a fantastic bloke 2.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:52 pm

Defender wrote:

tell em to get stuffed Very Happy , the kids trade value would be through the roof, just think the roo's couldve had him for a 4 spot upgrade on their pick 25, massive lols, but then again, we offered it so massive lols on us as well, thank F@#k they declined.

Saints were even dumber than that. They obviously had no interest in him whatsoever, despite looking to add pace to their midfield (apparently Peake and Lovett were better options Shocked). The only reason we were trying to trade him to North was so we could get Everitt from the Dogs to trade for Ball. Saints could have had Wellingham and pick 30 straight up for Ball. Lack of depth and pace a worry for the Saints? They gave up both in knocking back Wellingham for Ball. Thanks Ross, smart move.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:33 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Defender wrote:

Saints were even dumber than that. They obviously had no interest in him whatsoever, despite looking to add pace to their midfield (apparently Peake and Lovett were better options Shocked). The only reason we were trying to trade him to North was so we could get Everitt from the Dogs to trade for Ball. Saints could have had Wellingham and pick 30 straight up for Ball. Lack of depth and pace a worry for the Saints? They gave up both in knocking back Wellingham for Ball. Thanks Ross, smart move.

yeah mate, but we were willing to do it, so as i said, massive lols on us as well, wellers, please dont hold that against us.

we love you now mate. LEGEND!!!.

You like this.

Last edited by Bob Sugar on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:35 pm

What did they do with it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: