Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2011 NFL thread - a jackspain celebration

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yarra Falls End 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if the result makes us Packers and 49ers fans want to laugh or cry.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:17 pm

Yarra Falls End wrote:
Not sure if the result makes us Packers and 49ers fans want to laugh or cry.

Well, I still haven't got over the Pack missing out on going back to back in '98, so I guess I'll bear this latest grudge for a while.

On the one hand, it doesn't hurt quite as much as it might have otherwise because Green Bay snatched one themselves last year by being the best team when it counted, rather than the best over the season. On the other hand, I am left bemused contemplating what it means that Eli Manning has won as many Superbowls as Peyton and No 4 put together.

Meanwhile, I understand that Mrs Brady has been quoted as saying words to the effect that "Tom only throws them - he can't [f word] catch them as well", so it's obviously not all well in New England just now, either.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:51 pm

Damn. Yet another Patriots choke. Rolling Eyes

Tom Brady has lost his mojo. Time to gogo!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:10 pm

jack_spain wrote:

No, his receivers dropped a couple of catches they simply had to make towards the end, his go-to man all season (Gronkowski) couldn't run effectively because of his ankle (and was thus a non-influence) and the Giants' punter did a magnificent job of pinning Brady back deep at the start of each drive.

Add to that the failure of the Pats' defence to get off the field (Eli had the ball for almost an entire quarter more than Brady over the course of the game - possession was about 37 minutes to about 23 minutes in favour of the Giants, IIRC) and the result was inevitable.

Actually, in the middle part of the game (when Brady moved down the field for a TD either side of half-time), I thought the Pats might win the game despite all of that. Ultimately, I think there were too many other negatives and Brady couldn't overcome them. I'm with Mrs Brady on this one. Laughing

I was hoping the Giants would win, so these are not the observations of a Brady-fan looking for excuses.

I think there's life in the old dog, yet (but you should take that observation with a grain of salt because, as everyone knows, I privately want the Pack to release Rodgers and start next year with a retired, 43 year old former QB who played 19 seasons and won only one SB). Embarassed
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:57 am

Eli Manning isn't an elite QB, yet. An elite QB would've taken that 3rd rate Patriots secondary apart to the tune of 35 to 40 points given the amount of time he had the ball and the (often) great field position.

Put Brady, Brees, or A-Rod in that position and it's "lights out".

On Brady he was the victim of his receivers bad hands. While his wife was out of order for saying what she did in a public forum effectively she's right.

I could go into a lot more detail regarding the game itself, the Patriots strategy of using the two TE's coupled with the rule changes making it safer for players to float across the middle of the field....BUT....I can't be @#$%ed because apart from the last few minuted the game was a fizzer and given the low standard of play my 9ers could've belted either team, as could've the Ravens.

Bring on the draft Very Happy

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:27 pm

Hines Ward has been released by the Steelers after 14 years. Sad news - he has been a credit to the game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7631234/pittsburgh-steelers-announce-hines-ward-released

I'm not saying I agree with the assessment but he was recently rated at number 8 among current players in ESPN's NFL any era selections. That was 1 place above Aaron Rodgers. Lynn Swann obviously really rates him and that is serious praise: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7403669/no-8-steelers-wr-hines-ward
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:54 pm

Who will get RG3 in the Draft?
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:53 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

good question Dave, the Rams have the second pick but they dont need a quarterback, i am guessing they would trade the pick. my guess is he will end up at the Redskins
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:31 am

Roddy wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

good question Dave, the Rams have the second pick but they dont need a quarterback, i am guessing they would trade the pick. my guess is he will end up at the Redskins

Rumours are that the Dolphins are looking to trade up to get RG3. Given the state of their QB roster I wouldn't be surprised.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:42 pm

I thought they wanted Flynn?
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:15 pm

So did I, but the latest news is their very interested in trading up for RG3. I think the sticking point will be what the Rams want for the no.2 pick.

Flynn will most likely cost a high second round pick and probably future second or third rounder thrown in (with conditions on which pick being how well Flynn performs).

Given this fact I'd be inclined to target RG3 given his (and Luck's) huuuuuuge potential.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Redskins go after Flynn.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:44 pm

jack_spain wrote:

I thought that Jack’s assessment that Brady needed to go 8 years ago deserved a little bump after the AFC Championship game this morning. 8 AFC Championship games in a row and now off to his third Super Bowl in a row. Mind you, Brady’s just had the 2 Super Bowl wins since Jack’s Grand pronouncement.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:07 am

Well, according to TB's supermodel partner, isn't every loss entirely his teammates' fault?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:18 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
jack_spain wrote:

I thought that Jack’s assessment that Brady needed to go 8 years ago deserved a little bump after the AFC Championship game this morning. 8 AFC Championship games in a row and now off to his third Super Bowl in a row. Mind you, Brady’s just had the 2 Super Bowl wins since Jack’s Grand pronouncement.

Make that 3 Super Bowl wins since Jack's grand pronouncement.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:37 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
jack_spain wrote:

I thought that Jack�s assessment that Brady needed to go 8 years ago deserved a little bump after the AFC Championship game this morning. 8 AFC Championship games in a row and now off to his third Super Bowl in a row. Mind you, Brady�s just had the 2 Super Bowl wins since Jack�s Grand pronouncement.

Make that 3 Super Bowl wins since Jack's grand pronouncement.

Make that 4 Super Bowl wins since Jack's grand pronouncement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14   

Jump to: