Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So. What's for Dinner?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 8:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought some lemons back from Toc. Great old lemon tree up there, old fashioned, heaps of fruit and slightly sweet. Made some lemon meringue tarts tonight.

Apparently they look like a bought one Razz

That's snax for the next few days, unless the daughter comes over and cleans me out.

For actual dinner just doing some chicken rissoles, mashed sweet potato and some steamed veges.

Last edited by stui magpie on Tue May 12, 2020 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 8:17 pm

^ Yum!
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:51 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Bought some lemons back from Toc. Great old lemon tree up there, old fashioned, heaps of fruit and slightly sweet. Made some lemon meringue tarts tonight.

That's snax for the next few days, unless the daughter comes over and cleans me out.

For actual dinner just doing some chicken rissoles, mashed sweet potato and some steamed veges.

If you can share the recipe for the tarts, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 10:07 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

If you can share the recipe for the tarts, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

This is one of those cheat cooks

I bought the tart shells from the supermarket. If you don't want to do that crush some sweet biscuits, mix with butter and press into a foil tart liner

Filling is 1 can condensed milk, juice and zest from 3 lemons and 2 eggs. Whip it good, pour into the shells and cook at 180 for about 10 minutes.

For the meringue, hit the cake aisle at your supermarket and get a white wings Pavlova Magic plastic egg and follow the instructions except you spread it on top and brown with a blow torch rather than baking.

If you don't have blow torch, go to your local cigarette shop, get a wind proof, jet or blow torch lighter for $2. Once tarts are cool, spread meringue over top and brown with the blow torch / lighter

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 10:53 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Razz Razz Razz

who said that??!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 10:55 pm

^

This crazy chick I know on Facebook. Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 5:36 pm

Doing a sort of Irish stew tonight.

4 large forequarter lamb chops, seasoned floured and browned. Onion, garlic, carrot, celery, zucchini, purple brussel sprouts and spuds all in the pan for a stir round, white wine and chicken stock, put the chops back on top, put the lid on the big cast iron dutch oven thing and cook for a few hours on low.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:30 pm

In baking paper wrapped up for a type of seal, steamed a piece of salmon with dill, fennel, a bit of soy and a drop of sesame oil. Had that with steamed cauliflower, broccoli and green beans.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 3:03 pm

Made 63 beef meatballs which had: minced beef, garlic, salt, an egg, some grated mozzarella, some finely chopped flat leafed parsely, finely grated parmesan, pepper, minced garlic, water and cayenne pepper. All mixed through and left to sit then browned using the sear function on the slow cooker.
Now to make the napoli sauce where I’ll poach the meatballs for a good 60-90 minutes.
I’ll serve the meatballs with zucchini noodles or mashed cauliflower/ mashed broccoli mix.
That’s got entree covered.

....Nice comfort food

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 3:27 pm

Sounds yum.

Mind you, I hope that's either a few nights worth or you're feeding the family, cos if you're going to chow through that for your entree tonight they'll be able to use your Y fronts as a site screen at the cricket. Razz

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 6:34 pm

Making a Banoffee Pie. Yeah, I'd never heard of it either

https://www.thecookingcollective.com.au/banoffee-pie/

For some reason this morning, I remembered seeing these cans of Carnation caramel fill in supermarkets when I was looking for condensed milk. So I googled it, checked it out, then googles recipes and found this one.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 6:59 pm

stui magpie wrote:

For some reason this morning, I remembered seeing these cans of Carnation caramel fill in supermarkets when I was looking for condensed milk. So I googled it, checked it out, then googles recipes and found this one.

Wow, your islets of langerhans won't forgive you Wink

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 10:14 pm

Dinner at your place, WPT?
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 10:10 am

stui magpie wrote:

OMG I love Banoffee Pie!! Pretty simple too.
Another simple recipe to use the caramel fill is put some Butternut Snap biscuits in queen cake trays, sitting on top of the little round parts, put in the oven til they soften, push them into the holes then fill with the caramel, bit of whipped cream on top, yumo.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:16 pm

knocked up a quick penne carbonara last night, knackered.

Tonight, after a 6pm conference call (really?) did some lambs fry (that's liver for those playing at home) with bacon, onions and a red wine sauce.

All cooked and put in a casserole dish in a slow oven by 7pm, cook mash spuds and some steamed veges, serve at 8pm. Choice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
Page 97 of 119   

Jump to: