Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Laugh at Carlscum thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 244, 245, 246 ... 272, 273, 274  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
4-9 and only ahead of us on percentage by 0.2%

this post aged badly
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:58 pm

It doesn't matter how Collingwood is going. Carlton being hopeless is an end in itself.

And Carlton not being quite hopeless enough to sack the coach is even better.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:40 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
this post aged badly

Nah, they're still a pile of garbage.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:03 pm

Sharpen up the pens, boys. Very Happy

Roos leading Blues 90-59, in the last.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:10 pm

Except, we'll probably "win" the wooden spoon.

I suspect the loser of Hawks v Pies will collect the spoon this year
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:19 pm

Never change, Carlton.

8 consecutive finals missed Very Happy

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:19 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Donny wrote:
Sharpen up the pens, boys. Very Happy

Roos leading Blues 90-59, in the last.

Except, we'll probably "win" the wooden spoon.

I suspect the loser of Hawks v Pies will collect the spoon this year

Crows?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:21 pm

TankingCarlton

Quote:
Is anyone seriously surprised by this?

Quote:
Not sure why I still care about this club.

I could take 5 - 10 years of mediocrity, considering the successful history of this club

But 20 years of absolute rubbish is beyond the pale, with no end in sight

Surely it’s time for the club to make significant change to the board

A football department review won’t cut it

Quote:
Can someone find some bullshit mystical mathematical equation that means we can still make the 8 so some of the wowsers can continue to ignore the painful truth?

Quote:
Due to the lack of talls I was hoping to see something different in our structures... nothing... still bombed to a packed f50

In the end we were beaten badly by the bottom team... can't think of a single player that won his position with any great certainty

No positives whatsoever...

Quote:
Half expected a loss with what we put out there. Didn't expect that 2nd half.

We don't have that inner drive to consistently play with intensity every week. We did it for a few weeks after the bye but the motivation isn't there to keep doing it. External motivation was there, a shot at the 8, but the problem is the players have to care enough.

Reminded me of the Gold Coast game in 2012. Had to win to make the finals and we showed a complete lack of effort. Stamped Ratten's papers, something we have paid for ever since. We need to get to the root of the problem in the club otherwise nothing is fixed. We will continue to waste year after year.

Quote:
Endless cycle of utter shit.

Again and again and again.

So depressing.

Quote:
SupOrT dA BOyS

Quote:
It is going to be a very long last 4 weeks
Could see a loss coming all week, even before H went out, because this club just doesn’t get it and has only beaten up on garbage teams this year due to short bursts of good play and individual brilliance
Anyone can get us and they know it because we are mentally weak
Coach would be very lucky to survive this but, at this point, what is the guarantee that we will be any good with a new coach. Some of our players efforts are embarrassing
Need a strong leader who can (a) weed out the non-competitors and (b) bring an AFL standard game plan

Quote:
Other than crossing over for a score I have seen nothing of this game.
I have no intention of watching any of it.
The loss was expected because that is what we do.
At least I have to Olympics to watch for the next 2 weeks.

Quote:
It's down to more than just the coach. Look at our big money recruits of recent years, Martin, McGovern, Saad and Williams, plus we recruit an old man in Eddie. Two half backs, two small forwards and an injury prone marking forward. All those when every man and his dog knew we needed big bodied mids. Then there is Murphy who should have been retired a couple of years ago. I'm in despair for this club.

Quote:
Pretty much a s#itshow today for many reasons.

North pretty much had the home ground advantage ,,,,,, they're used to playing to empty stadiums.

Quote:
Never good to be beaten by bottom of the ladder. Always seems to happen around this time of year. Fixture request for 2022, play north, hawks adulaide in the first 10 rounds...

Quote:
we did this last year as well. played a few good games towards the back en dof the season, got within a sniff of finals, and completely shit ourselves

history showed we were always gonna lose this game, as soon as there is something to play for, or the pressure is on to perform, we fold like a deck of cards

extremely weak mentality of this group. teague hasnt changed it, i think it has gotten worse under him

Quote:
We've lost to the bottom team 8 years in a row.

But yeah, injuries....

Quote:
When the pressure is on us to perform and take the next step, we can’t do it.
This is truly above the shoulders.

Quote:
Just embarrassing we deserve better and we you get out worked show less skill and less tactical nous than the 18 th team what the hell is going on

Shocking indictment on coach and players

Just a team paralysed by own ineptitude and lack of spirit

Just so sick of the non performances
10 years of this crap DO SOMETHiNG

Watching the crows and Hawks both having a go nine tenths of the time we don’t know whether our team is having a go

Quote:
I'm so sad for Teague, and Carlton, and the supporters and my kids.

This is rock bottom, again.

Tipping point allright.

The Media are after blood, its awful.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:26 am

Carlton (BigFooty)

Quote:
Would have to be close to our poorest game of the year. Not many positives in this one.

Quote:
Not the loss but the way it happened.

Quote:
Absolutely shattering.

But, it might've been the loss we needed to have. 40 point belting to the bottom team when we're trying to make finals.

And it's the way it happened... same sh*t we've been watching all year, cut up from teams rebounding from d50 and waltzing forward unmanned.

It's clear change is required.

Quote:
Can this thread be a support group?

I need therapy after that effort.

Quote:
We are a disgrace.

Teague must go by mid week.

Quote:
Whoever coaches us in 2022 is another story but a full 10 of our players out there today are not up to finals standard (and probably never will be) and that was me being optimistic. Face it people, and stop living in a dream world.

Quote:
Lost the last quarter still.

We made them look like a quality team.

Play the kids teague or it's time to walk.

Quote:
Death, taxes and Carlton having an almighty choke whenever there's a sniff of making finals. Brilliant.

Quote:
Loss is on the list management.

Blame will go to Teague.

No excuses.

Quote:
And here we go again, new coach incoming..how many coaches will we go through til we make finals?

Quote:
A 7 goal mauling at the hands of the bottom team. Enough. This sh*t must stop. There can be no defense of Teague after this heartless, insipid performance.

Quote:
What a disgusting effort.

Sums up the club really and where we are genuinely at.

Teague is surely gone. If his papers weren’t already stamped this surely did so.

Quote:
Not sure there's a coach around who would desperate enough to take us on.

Quote:
As a wise man once said, that was a seething cauldron of anus.

Quote:
So excited for the next rebuild

Quote:
biggest losing margin this year i think. really disappointing loss.

Quote:
Bye Teague, I’d shake your hand, but you know Covid and all that..

Quote:
Goodbye Teague. A disgraceful effort by players and coach..

Quote:
Some people will actually defend that

Feels as far off as we’ve ever been, Pagan days included

Yes, we have more talent on the list, just no structure, no desire, no courage

I feel embarrassed...

Quote:
Bye Teaguey take the fitness guru Russell and Murphy with you. Time to sweep the broom through from the board to the boot studder there's a cancer at this club that turns anyone who enters into crap.
Time for a complete new coaching structure led by someone who actually can get players to play for the jumper again.
******* DISGRACEFUL!!!

Quote:
My North supporter mate (yes they exist) just texted me saying North are used to not playing in front of crowds. I laughed for a second but then reality set in.

Quote:
Teague will prob get the arse, we will get in Lyon or Clarkson. Once the new coach comes in they’ll want to make wholesale changes to the list and how they play, despite saying the new coach has full autonomy to do what they want the club will make it hard for them, the relationship will sour and after three years we will be bottom of the ladder looking at another rebuild with an untried coach.. rinse and repeat.

Quote:
Unfortunately, the repercussions will have a negative effect either way. We get another coach it becomes a cop out for the players. A fifth coach in a decade doesn't bode well for building culture.

On the other hand, the second half is a totally unacceptable performance that will roll over in to an ugly end to the season. Teams will sense we will have our tails down, mentally after this.

The fear will be ending the season horribly, getting a new coach, allowing a cop out for the players and going through the same cycle again.

I am not for sacking Teague but if it must it has to be for a coach that players fear the consequences of letting him down.

Quote:
Jonathon Brown oblivious to his own stupidity saying straight-faced we're still a finals chance. FFS.

Quote:
This is occurring too often when the spotlight is on us to perform. Absolutely devastated.

Quote:
That was bloody awful.

Total disconnect in the playing group, players have to become leaders with their actions & unfortunately, no one stood up.

Talls in the draft a priority.

Teague.....hmmm.

Quote:
Imagine your senior coach telling the media at half time that we know that we are getting hurt on transition with them slingshotting from our forward 50 and we need to fix it. Then concede 7 goals in the third with no visible tactical improvement to fix that said problem.

Our boys were insipid today and were coach killers, but if you excuse that coaching performance, the wool is over your eyes. This isn’t about the history of the club sacking coaches anymore - it’s what’s going to win us a ******* premiership. He and most of the backroom staff aren’t up to it and I get more weary by the week. Today was 3 qtrs worth of a train wreck.

Quote:
Once Harry was out should of faked 30 positive cases on the list to get the game delayed

Quote:
There are no excuses for that performance. I hope we find a way to not be this sh*t in the next few years.

Quote:
I have no idea what the answer is but I sure as hell know Teague ain't it.

Quote:
Giving Crippa 6 yrs just madness. He needs to learn some fwd craft otherwise it will stifle our whole mid development.
For a supposedly smart footballer, his inability to adjust his style of play to suit the situation is perplexing.
Trying to stand and wrestle Blokes bigger than him was just dumb.

Quote:
I know we've let teams waltz through the middle with no pressure all year.

But I still wasn't prepared for that second half...

Quote:
I’d take Buckley at this rate, Lyon, Clarko, go for who is favourite for the Pies job

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
They say that pride comes before the fall.

We must have been unbearable campaigners, coz I think we're still falling.

Quote:
Every team has at least one blow out however the lack of pressure in that third quarter says a lot about our mental state.

Quote:
All those nice positive feelings of pride and joy from last week...

Gone.

They just managed to delay the inevitable dissapointment for a week thanks to an inspired effort from Harry late.

Quote:
Such a disappointing performance today from everyone at Carlton today, from the players who didn’t execute and the coaches didn’t get selections and match ups right or make the necessary in game adjustments. No excuses. I was hoping that belief might have grown after the last quarter against Collingwood but sadly it was just a false dawn. We still cannot seem to execute the basics on a consistent basis and we still seem to get beaten by the opposition in the most obvious manner that opposition can win a game. I thought the Eagles game was the low point for the season but this trumps it by some distance because I don’t think North have nearly as good high end players as the Eagles regardless of the fact North beat West Coast this year. The most disappointing thing to me is that after all the down times this group has been through over the last 4-5 years have been through (bad losses, Bolton sacking, consistently in the bottom 6, internal review) you’d think they would burning inside to prove to everyone that they are moving in the right direction but an effort like that really questions whether we are making any real progress at all. It seems the board has made the right call for a review because it’s now pretty clear that our football department, and by that I mean players and coaches, need some serious help.

Quote:
The players had a chance to make finals. A chance to save Teague’s job. I know we’ve had injuries but that performance from the 22 who played was terrible. North had it too easy the second half.

Whether it was lack of system or lack of effort - or both - that game must seal our coach’s fate.

Every year it seems like we choke to a poor team when given a faint whiff of finals. Something is very wrong.

Quote:
Shopping list:

Balls
Heart
New coach

Quote:
I said it last week, we were living in a false economy. This loss may be the best thing for the club going forward. If we kept getting over the line of the cellar dwellers but not actually improving what good would that have done us...

The joint is cooked on many fronts. I'm still a believer that we have the ingredients but the recipe is f’ed.

Quote:
What a banter club. A decade of irrelevance on the horizon again.

Don't you love it Cool

Quote:
The Board should sack Teague this week and send a strong message this is not good enough. Brad Lloyd should go too.

Quote:
We have lost to every bottom side since 2014.

Quote:
Soooo. Does that make us the worst team in the comp?

Quote:
Meanwhile, Mitch Robinson is getting a standing ovation. Can my day get any better?

Quote:
A disgraceful effort from a club that has no strong culture or strong leadership and today that really showed.

A club legend plays his 200th game and the team puts in an effort that can be defined by laziness, weakness and carelessness. It's a disgrace and if I was Ed Curnow I'd be bitterly disappointed. This is not how a strong cultured club honours a player who deserves it like Ed does.

Our clear weak leadership was exposed for all to see. It's clear no players have ever been pulled up for effort. Our players get away with stuff that just would not tolerate in better sides.

Quote:
6 years on and this is where we're at??? FFS.....

Quote:
Without wanting to be labelled Capt. Obvious, embarrassingly there is still too much difference between our best and our worst.

How do we fix this ? That is a question that continually baffles me ... and probably others, I'm tipping.

Quote:
We won’t win another game this season.

The Board should instruct Teague to play the younger players who haven’t had a go and rest Cotterell et al.

The Board should also appoint a coaching sub committee to commence the search for a new coach. The new coach should then have a say about list management decisions at the end of the year.

Quote:
Actually feel beyond angry... Maybe more disappointment or despair...
Worst part in the 3rd quarter looked like the players just gave up...

Quote:
Did we get the percentage boost some posters were after?

Quote:
Remember the days when Mick would email members. I’d love to get one from Teague this week, giving me something to make me think that maybe I’m wrong

Quote:
I appreciate the contribution Murph has made to Carlton but his selection today was ridiculous and demonstrated a complete lack of respect for us as members.

Quote:
66 less disposals and 6 less tackles...

Oh and they had 81% disposal efficiency which goes to show how absolutely sh*t the pressure was today.

We conceded our biggest score all year to the bottom team who haven't kicked 100 points all year.

Totally unacceptable. Despite Harry out, there's no way we had a worst playing group than them out there today.

Teague's papers will be stamped.

Quote:
Thanks for once again ruining my weekend Carlton

Quote:
I just wish the club would communicate with the Members and Supporters ?!

Every time we win - its all highlights and I get BOMBARDED with emails for all my memberships (kids, wife, dogs etc) to buy sht from the club - BUY!BUY!BUY! With highlights from the game.

As soon as we lose its all SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! - Check out the new club rooms, check out this goal from a new kid we wont play, check out this guys birthday, check out these three guys chatting in a room having a laugh!!!

Where is the serious communication, where is the transparency ?

This club has transformed into a catatonic failure - consistently - yet they can not bring themselves to admit - that the management at board level has consistently failed.

The entire board needs to go.

Quote:
Yep we had some injuries, but that was disgraceful....coach killer IMHO.

Quote:
God I love Carlton supporters...

We have a bad season because of injuries... sack the coach!
Our list sucks... sack the coach!
The board is sh*te... sack the coach.

Our president fu**s the club over big time and we're still getting over it a generation after our last premiership... sack the coach... ohh that's right, he did... he sacked the coach and got in a "premiership" coach... how did that go... what about in 2012... sacked the coach because one of our big money benefactors had lined up Malthouse, another "premiership" coach, through his connections on the board.

I reckon if you lot were around when we lost to St Kilda and Shitney in 1995, you would have been screaming "Sack Parkin" from the rooftops.

Ok... what happens if we get in a new coach and in 2-3 years time, we still haven't won a ******* premiership... are you all going to be shouting "sack the coach" again... because that seems to be the Carlton way. If you think that a new coach is going to come in and things will instantly get better, you are out of your minds. There are more cliques in Carlton than at a flamenco dancing contest.

If we want to improve the culture then the likes of the Pratts, the Elliotts, and the Mathiesons all need to be told to fu** off. We need a bunch of successful independent businessmen to sit on the board with no ties to the big money "benefactors" who have been treating the club like their private toy box for the last 50 years.

Quote:
Marc Murphy being gifted games to get to 300 is everything wrong with this club. I think it will be fitting that no one will be there when he reaches the milestone. Just like he hasn't been there in contested situations his last 100 or so outings.

Also does Teague and co. have any semblance of a game plan that actually suits the cattle on the park? There is something very, very amiss at the club. What an insipid display today.

Quote:
Still absolutely at a loss to understand how a side 6 years into a rebuild and spruiking their finals aspirations, come up against the bottom of the table side, a side many joke about booting off to Tassie, a side who couldn't hit a target to save themselves in the first half, and proceed to make them look like the Harlem ******* Globetrotters in the second half.

Quote:
The board should announce an immediate expansion of the review to include the ******* board. 25-30 years of their mismanagement brings us here.

Quote:
Never seen a side concede the corridor like Carlton did today.

I strongly believe the biggest long term issue at Carlton is a culture of mediocrity but geez, the structural set up today was unforgivable.

Quote:
Just started watching Teague's presser. Gave it up when he said"...we weren't at our ruthless best". Not sure which team he has been watching this year.

Quote:
We sh*t the bed, every ******* time. We can never put 2-3 weeks of good footy together.

Giants, Saints, Freo and Tigers all just above us and all a good chance of losing this week. Could go equal on 32 points with better percentage than most. Dare to dream… Then we dish out this crap.

I know it’s not all about the next 4 weeks but FFS give us something to hang on to after all this pain. Another dagger through the heart. I can’t take it anymore.

Quote:
So disappointing, we haven't put 4 quarters of consistent good football together for the entire year. We were poor for a fair percentage of last weeks game against a very ordinary Collingwood. I am sorry to say I do not see us going anywhere under Teague. The gameplan is unacceptable, the accountability is unacceptable and has no ability to give the team the boot up the backside that is needed. I feel sorry for him but something has to change. This group needs a coach who can demand their respect and who has the ability to scare them into action. the writing has been on the wall all season and its just a matter of when not if. I would not be surprised to see him go this week.

Quote:
Obviously not the biggest issue to come out of this game, but Cripps fist-pumping his goal on the final siren when we’re 40 pts down to the bottom side is horrendous. Love him as a footballer, but he’s celebrated his own work when we’ve been out of games way too often over the years. It’s arrogant, dumb, and achieves nothing except to raise serious questions about his captaincy. Dees made the right call with Jack Viney as did Port with Wines, I wonder if it’s something we’ll look at this off-season.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:06 am

Jezza wrote:
Never change, Carlton.

8 consecutive finals missed Very Happy

Another great moment in modern sport. You can't expect Collingwood to be great every year. You can, however, expect these flogs to be consistently useless.

Personally, I think they'll start to come hard when Kreuzer, Murphy and Judd take control in the midfield.
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:20 pm

Go for it, boys !! Very Happy

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:20 pm

Gold Coast defeat Carlton Laughing
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:22 pm

That was a shocker - looking forward to the comments, Jezza.

While you're off doing the cut and paste, a couple of observations:

Carlton, with their finals chances on the line, had no player with more than 25 disposals. Touk Miller will get about 15 Brownlow votes for his thrashing of Walsh. Eddie Betts had 2 kicks. The Suns had 63 more disposals (and it is even funnier that so many of them went out on the full and it still didn't matter). The Suns (except Miller) ran out of legs by the end of the third quarter - but still managed to be less worse than Carlton late in the game.

Last edited by Pies4shaw on Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:24 pm

Suns celebrating like they just won the GF.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:25 pm

This could be the end for Teague.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 244, 245, 246 ... 272, 273, 274  Next
Page 245 of 274   

Jump to: