Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

FoxFooty and social media

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 pm
Post subject: FoxFooty and social mediaReply with quote

I tell you what, the FoxFooty instagram account needs an overhaul.

Why do they allow multiple troll accounts to post, some with personal attacks, and with absolute nonsense. Triple M and 3AW instagrams have fought against these kinds of accounts, but fox footy is all for it. I mean they still have the bare arse profile pic account asking is we think shes fat.

They need to do better, but seem happy with the amount of replies they are getting even though they are heavily trolled. I've unfollowed them for now, not that they'd care.

One thing about Nicks BB after almost 25 years, I've never been personally attacked, I've always been able to start a conversation, or add to someone elses conversation. Now I'm sure I haven't always been the perfect poster. And I'm sure I've probably embarrassed myself at least 200 times, especially in my earlier years.

There have been small waves of trolls come and go. But there's never been any real angst or personal attacks. And that's why I really dont like the socials and miss the old NicksBB days when this place was flourishing.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Social media is terrible for the most part, especially if you want decent analysis on the footy. I avoid it like the plague so from what you're describing, it doesn't sound like I've missed much.

Forums like Nick's are always my preferred place to express my thoughts on the football club and how we're travelling. It's a great place for robust opinion and analysis without crossing the line with personal attacks. I think we do a good job of being a passionate community and having good rapport with one another.

Internet forums seem to be in general decline with the rise of social media, but maybe all the angst and personal attacks on social media outlets might actually give forums like Nick's a new lease of life if people grow tired of social media and seek alternative forms of communication.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: