Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

are you allowed to defend yourself if a player slaps you???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:31 am
Post subject: are you allowed to defend yourself if a player slaps you???Reply with quote

according to the MRP, you are supposed to just allow them to slap you as often as they like.

I guess you are allowed to bitvh slap them back, but otherwise, a career of good behaviour goes down the toilet and you get weeks.

what a serious pathetic joke this is.

I have defended the MRP for years. This one is outrageous. Selwood hit someone in the head behind the play and got nothing for it!
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Conversely, players should just cruise around slapping others behind play.... its obviously approved behaviour, so they may as well do it.

If they get sighted, they point to the 'Selwood' case and they get off every time.

Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:47 am

I'd call a retaliatory hit an instinctive reaction for a lot of footy players, especially a smack in the mouth, which can - even for the biggest toughest bloke - scare the crap out of you rather than hurt you and provoke an instant reaction.

The best way to respond would obviously be to attempt to strike .... oh no you can't do that can you?

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:36 am
Post subject: Re: are you allowed to defend yourself if a player slaps youReply with quote

E wrote:
according to the MRP, you are supposed to just allow them to slap you as often as they like.

I guess you are allowed to bitvh slap them back, but otherwise, a career of good behaviour goes down the toilet and you get weeks.

what a serious pathetic joke this is.

I have defended the MRP for years. This one is outrageous. Selwood hit someone in the head behind the play and got nothing for it!

The AFL has been born again.

From now on you always turn the other cheek and instead of an eye for an eye, you sincerely apologise for being hit and forgive the perpetrator at once..... Rolling Eyes Shocked

And the fans wept……………………… Crying or Very sad
mosig 

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:15 am

Also - did anyone see John Cock get tripped in the 4th quarter of the Adelaide / Port derby? As blatant as the Luke Ball incident... I thought Bally gots weeks for that??? This wasn't even looked at or mentioned in the slightest...
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:39 am

Selwood is a AFL Love Child
Brenny 

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:42 am

Not retaliating has been like that forever and a day.

As I said on spacebook, the issue I have is, the AFL want to stop behind the play off the ball incidents. Yet only one get's punished (supension had nothing to do with the bump). Should be both or nothing.

I'm the record here on Nicks as saying he shoould, and would, only get 1 week.

Selwood should have been sighted for Intentional, High Contact and Low Impact which should have resulted in about 6 points minus early plea plus loading of 2-3 total.

The other issue is peoples tolerance to taking a hit. Some players can take a hit and others can't. Had that hit been on Barry Hall, I'm sure Hall would of laughed and Raines would have got off.

Raines shoudl risk the 3 weeks. Take it to the tribunal (who have been pretty good in 2012) and argue it!
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:20 pm

Brenny wrote:
Not retaliating has been like that forever and a day.

As I said on spacebook, the issue I have is, the AFL want to stop behind the play off the ball incidents. Yet only one get's punished (supension had nothing to do with the bump). Should be both or nothing.

I'm the record here on Nicks as saying he shoould, and would, only get 1 week.

Selwood should have been sighted for Intentional, High Contact and Low Impact which should have resulted in about 6 points minus early plea plus loading of 2-3 total.

The other issue is peoples tolerance to taking a hit. Some players can take a hit and others can't. Had that hit been on Barry Hall, I'm sure Hall would of laughed and Raines would have got off.

Raines shoudl risk the 3 weeks. Take it to the tribunal (who have been pretty good in 2012) and argue it!

Pretty hard to argue with any of this.
MRP has lost all credibility when they tried to hang Lindsay Thomas for an accidental contact and now they are looking like a complete joke for letting Selwood off the hook for a deliberate strike.

Mind you this isn't Selwood's fault and all this talk about him being AFL's lovechild is a childish rubbish.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:38 pm

Yep ok where is the consistency.

Just on striking, what looked worse, the Scarlett hit on Ballantyne or that one on Duckwood. Rolling Eyes

Brenny 

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:50 pm

^ Comes back to who can withstand a hit more.

Ballantyne, to me, looks like he can handle a fist to the face better than Selwood, who looked dazed and cofused.

I can't handle a hit at all, it knocks me out straight away (doing my martial arts, it happens). Whereas, others I know, it doesn't phase them.

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:51 pm

Only if his name is Milne
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:04 pm

Apparently not...... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Great message to send to the kiddies AFL - you won't get suspended for hitting someone, unless it is in response to being hit yourself??????????????? Huh???????? Question Question Shocked Shocked

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:00 pm

I think you've been hit for no good reason like Raines was with Selwood, I think it's only instinctive to give it back a bit. The decision about Selwood and Raines was an injustice and disgrace. I understand Raines being suspended, but why not Selwood?

Since Selwood wasn't suspended, Raines should also be cleared as well. What makes me more angry about this whole decision is the fact Selwood has a record at the tribunal. He was suspended for 4 matches last year.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:02 pm

Patience.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:32 am

Brenny wrote:
^ Comes back to who can withstand a hit more.

Ballantyne, to me, looks like he can handle a fist to the face better than Selwood, who looked dazed and cofused.

I can't handle a hit at all, it knocks me out straight away (doing my martial arts, it happens). Whereas, others I know, it doesn't phase them.

It appeared Ballantyne could, but what mockery of the system, I thought, that Scarlett's hit could only get 1 miserly week. It was flush, deliberate and crystal clear vision on tv...thuggery is back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: