Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pet Cemetary !

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2000 5:50 am
Post subject: Pet Cemetary !Reply with quote

Well, we did not quite bury the Doggies, but a come from behind victory was good enough.

Great victory by the lads. I have to admit that I was not as confident in the fourth quarter this week, as I was last week, at the SCG. I can only put this down to a case of Sydney Flu. I caught a cold last week and it is still effecting my mind.

Pet Cemetary was okay as a football venue. But I will have to reserve final judgement until I have tried the general admittance ticket (I had level 1, Row B, Aisle 6, right on the 50m of the end we kicked to in the last quarter, but at about a $14 premium this will not be my standard fare). How was it up in the upper tiers? Did they have bars up there or did you have to come down to the lower tier? Heavy beer was available at the bars, but you could not take it back to your seat. I think this is a decent trade off for night games, is it still true for day games? Will these bars eventually be closed to the general public (and only be accessible to special members)? Warning! passouts are as rare as hens teeth so hang on to your ticket, it acts as a passout IF YOU VALIDATE it before going out. Getting out was by far the greater problem, the walk back across the bridge was slow, and my trip back was not brightened by choruses of our theme song (again my cold kept me to a few weak "Hot Pies" else normally I would have brightened my own trip back by singing it myself).

The game. Richardson, for someone I thought was lucky to get a run against , (I thought he was brought into the Carlton game to show the young kids a bit of spirit towards the old enemy because Ukovic was injured) he was fantastic. Not only did be frustrate Darcy to ineffectaulness, he is another guy we have who can shoot from outside 50m. Its been awhile since he grabbed 10 marks too. He does look a lot fitter though than last year. A new coach arriving obviously got him thinking about whether he would be here after his contract expired this year. Buckley had 8 kicks for 1 goal, with only a few minutes left in the first half and the game still close. A few seconds later, he had 9 kicks and 2 goals, and only a minute or so later, 10 kicks and 3 goals. This combined with his brilliant last quarter still made him my "man". Adkin's last quarter was stellar, I remember his goal but not that run everyone is talking about.

The crowd. Sitting with the "suits" is no fun. I did my best but they were a pretty staid lot. People smiled everytime I chanted "poof, poof, poof" everytime that stupid Bulldog came on the screen. A few joined in the "Collingwood Collingwood" chant, but it really only got going once in our section (though I could hear it a few ailses up). How did everyone else find the acoustics? There did not seem to be a lot of crowd noise.

Surely we outnumbered the Bulldogs at their own home game!

Bring on the Roo boys, a saturday arvo game, see you there. Surely Carey can not play! I do not care if he does, I'll even back Presti to keep him quiet. I'm more worried about the other King...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: