Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Another weekend, another loss.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2000 11:13 am
Post subject: Another weekend, another loss.Reply with quote

Geez. And Carlscum rolled Freeo too. Meanwhile the Essendon juggenaught continues to roll on. A bad weekend for football if you ask me.

I watched the the Brissy game on sanctified ground (at the social club at Vic Park). Too much glare in the background made it physically hard on the eyes and spoilt the advantage of watching it on a big screen.

The meal was okay (can not expect too much for 12 bucks). And it was cute that we got so excited in the second and third quarters that the whole room kept starting the Collingwood chant. What we needed was a direct link to the GABBA so that we could be heard up there.

I do not really want to talk about the game. Suffice to say, that for three quarters we were competitive, but were deflated by a monster 60m goal from Voss at the start of the fourth quarter. Then our game plan seemed to go completely out the window.

We got flogged in the midfield again (with the exception of Buckley). Too much playing on at all costs too. Too many bad decisions made in defense. One of their crumbers kicked 6 straight. A bit lucky, but was Tarkyn on him?

Pebbles, Tarrant and Tuckey did okay. Neon Leon made some mistakes but also showed a bit a flair. Ukovic's kicking was much improved.

Onto Richmond. I am trying to get as many people as I possibly can to the game. Even telling people that I barely know and have never gone to the football with before to meet us at the Cricketers at 12. The Tiger fans will there in droves expecting our tumble down to continue. Lets send them home crying.

GO PIES!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2000 11:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there!
MagpieMark 

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2000 11:37 am

quote:
Originally posted by Joel:
I will be there!

I was at the game yesterday and it was so frustrating. I wonder what we have to do for a win. I thought Buckley, Tarrant, Lockyer and Tuckey played Ok. Leon Davs made some shockers but he also made the best pick up and turn i've ever seen. Did he really pick the ball up between his legs ?

It really annoyed me to see us lose against the bears yet again. Is that 4 in a row now ?

I wish i could see us play in Melbourne each week, but i suppose a good thing was the crowd was 50-50 in terms of support.

Although i'm totally biased the umpires didn't help us at all. A few cucial decisions made against us cost us goals and what about the one where one umpire gave it advantage and then the other maggot told the bears player to kick it again (After we had the ball).

I couldn't sleep last night and copped lots of crap from bandwagon bears supporters all day. But I gave it back tenfold
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2000 12:51 pm

Greg j : were any players that weren't in the side at the social club watching it?

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2000 5:51 am

Not that I saw Spidergirl. Just as we got there we heard the rumour that Josh had not taken the flight to Brissy so I had a look around for him them, but to no avail. Then the game started and I forgot to look again. We made a quick exit after the game finished too.

I reckon this is the first time I have been to Vic Park and NOT seen Twiggy Dunn. He's always there. The first time I went in the 70's he was playing, and over the last few years he seems to be there and busy.
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2000 8:22 am

Greg J,

Essendon winning's a pretty good thing for Collingwood.

1) Unless they fall in a black hole, Essendon will end up in 1st Position. Now I couldn't care less whether they do that with a 22-0 record, an 18-4 record or whatever. But...

In beating Melbourne, they put Melbourne one game outside of that "bracket" of Teams who'll be contending for a spot with us in the 8. So as long as Essendon keeps beating these Teams who are fighting for a spot we want, good for us.

Not as good with Freo or the Saints giving up leads, though, although I think Carlton will be exposed on the MCG during the Finals. And while usually I prefer not to rely on the results of the other matches to consolidate our own position (you can make your own fate, etc.) it still does provide us with distance and a little comfort.

2) Essendon's a good model for Collingwood to look at. I think the graduation of the "Baby Bombers" is somewhat overrated, as they went from a Premiership in 93 to nothing much until last year, really. But I'm sure Y2M uses them as a standard to which Collingwood's youth can aspire - and preferably without the 5 year lapse from 94-98 and even 99.

------------------
Sly LeKoupa.
The Last Remaining Bad Guy.
The Collingwood Rant.
Don't believe the Facts until you've read the Rants!

The Unofficial AFL Ranting Board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: