Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Season over? ... we wish.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2000 11:47 am
Post subject: Season over? ... we wish.Reply with quote

The worst thing about today is that there are still 12 more matches left for us to get even worse.

I feel sick.

------------------
**floreat pica**

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2000 12:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

today was the day from hell. nothing went right from the word go. it didn't even seem like there were any pie supporters at the bloody game. nor did i get a chance to stand up and at least celebrate a good goal. i wonder how malty deals with our newfound losing mentality.

then again, richmond were pretty good. our best players: lica, betho, presti (kept holland goalless), and i thought richo did alright. tarks was good again. bucks and a few other senior players should hang their heads.
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2000 1:49 pm

If you want to start hanging your head in defeat and resignation, support Richmond. But as a Collingwood supporter...

KEEP THE FAITH!

Fortunes & tides will turn. (And yes, for the better, who immediately thought to the contrary).

------------------
Sly LeKoupa.
The Last Remaining Bad Guy.
The Collingwood Rant.
Don't believe the Facts until you've read the Rants!

The Unofficial AFL Ranting Board.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2000 3:01 pm

HEADS HIGH!!!

Although it was an pathetic performance don't hang your head. I think the atmosphere was basically non existent for most of the match, except for when there was streakers etc.
But remember we are only at "SIX O CLOCK" of the rebuilding phase!
2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2000 5:12 pm

foxy, I was only watching it on TV and I admit it's not the same, but I would have to put Tarrant and Pebbles among our best.
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2000 11:11 pm

6 O'clock of the rebuilding phase !!!

Ha.

I think our watch stopped ... about 1994.

------------------
**floreat pica**

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2000 11:22 pm

P.S.

I know I'm going to cop a lot of flack for my negative comments this week, but stuff it.

Anyone who thought that there was anything acceptable about yesterday's performance should be supporting Emu Springs.

I say, as a Collingwood supporter:

MAINTAIN THE RAGE.

Even after we've won our next 10 premierships I will still be utterly ashamed of what I saw yesterday. Even if we beat Richmond every time we play them for the next 100 years we will still have the disgrace of yesterday's match on our heads.

Clubs who play like that go to hell.

------------------
**floreat pica**

ytry4 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 1:32 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Tony Shaw may not have been the problem! The first five wins were maybe the result of the fresh new start with a new coach, which provides wins to every club with a new coach. So, maybe Malthouse has not been able to make too much difference.

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2000 7:10 am

ytry4,

Tony Shaw was the problem, as he was the one responsible for trading, drafting, etc. and whatever and bringing the List to this point where we've had to essentially start from scratch.

------------------
Sly LeKoupa.
The Collingwood Rant.

ytry4 

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2000 3:32 pm

Fair enough.

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2000 4:57 am

The way we lost to Richmond really hurt. I have seen most of our loses over the last four years and that was one of the worst.

We as supporters have to pick ourselves up as much as the players do.

In the end I only turned up with five extra people to make seven of us. Only one was a Richmond supporter. In the end I was glad the others Collingwood supporters did not come.
But still it was disheartening to look out and see a sea of yellow and black. I would say there were 10,000 missing black and white supporters and 10,000 extra yellow and black supporters (they still remember that Mothers Day Massacre game and knew they where on an up and we where on the way down). Where were the missing barrackers?

Oh, I thought Tarrant was good. Ukovic actually can kick. The defense held up well, Tarkyn and Presti especially. Midfield was comprehensively beaten. We had no full forward line. Umpiring was shocking.

I missed the Buckley episode so was not overly worried. How effective where his 19 touches anyway. Geez I would not mind picking up 19 touches in an AFL game. I would be pissed with people saying I was tagged out of the game.

Onwards to West Coast. I reckon we will beat them. I am going, might even reserve a decent seat so we get a good view of the turnaround.

KEEPING THE FAITH, GREG DE BRUS.

PS I heard a mob of Magpies supporters singing "Its your shout Joffa, Its your shout Joffa" in the beer garden of the Cricketers Arm just before the game. I was wondering whether it was the Joffa who occasionally posts on this page (and why don't you shout when it is your turn?).

We still sang our song in the Cricketers Arms after the game. Louder than they sang that yellow and black song. We also sang it much later that night at the Prince Of Wales Hotel. Amazingly we all survived.
Broadie 

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2000 3:44 am

While Bucks was superb in 4 of the first 5 games, his disposal since then has dropped well below what it was - the best in the league.

He now has the 2nd most clangers in the league, most of those over the past 5 weeks. Don't say that is because he gets the ball so much: Camporeale has had it more often than him this year and has less than half the clangers. THAT HURTS.

The other worrying sign with our captain is the amount which he berates his teammates. I thought he was going to hit some of the black & white on Sat (Willo esp.). I know some REALLY stuffed up, but the quickest way to ensure we stop playing as a team - which is the major difference over the past few weeks - is to berate & yell at each other.

I've NEVER seen a player who Bucks has yelled at play better as a result. He should be using his position and skills to HELP others and ENCOURAGE at all times. This is the only way to encourage team play and improvement. Iamagine how demoralising it is for the younger players (I'm thinking of Adkins, Lockyer & Betheras especially, as I've seen him go off at them the most) for their captain to give them a public dressing-down during a game, in front of 10s of thousands and their opponent. Talk about giving your opponent ammunition.

BUCKS - START ACTING LIKE A LEADER, not just a Captain.
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2000 1:15 pm

Gosh wouldn't it be awful if Bucks DID hit Willo?
I mean, it might just be the jolt this perrenial underperformer needs to actually earn his keep.
You already know I'm no fan of No.10 and that's because he lacks consistency and can never be relied upon....especially when the going gets tough. For a bloke playing his 9th or 10th season and earning over 350,000 per year, the least we want is consistency.
I suggested we trade Willo last year on this board whilst we could still get good trades for him.
This year will be our last chance to get anything for him or Sav and I suggest we dump both of these guys who promise so much, get paid a fortune and deliver so little.
OK so I know many won't like this post but I wait to be corrected. Provide me with good statistical evidence of the usefulness of these two guys to us over the past two seasons.
Meanwhile, get off Bucks's back and make criticisms of the fringe players who don't deserve their spots in our team.
Bucks had every right to let the guys have it last week....I saw him round off on Adkins immediately after he had failed to follow his man into Richmond's forward line.
This is the job of the captain...and he later encouraged the same player.
OK his form has tapered off...it HAD to.
He still gives us 100% even on his bad days which is miles better than Willo usually serves up.

skins 

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2000 10:52 am

Neil

Man "o" man do I agree with you....

Talent is one thing....speed another and youtful enthusiasm another, but if these players don't get their heads straight soon and I'm talkin' about Sav and Willo and Obree and a few others....we are stuffed.

I know the team is young...but if these young guts don't want the pill more than anything at this stage of their careers...then they will never want it.

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2000 6:20 am

Re: Buckley's clangers.

I've noticed the stats in the Herald Sun, Broadie.

I think three factors which contribute to Buckley's "clangers" this season.

1) He's definitely carrying some sort of niggle (I still think it's a groin) which is occasionally restricting him through his kicking.
2) Some times, I think he's kicking to where teammates should be, but who are not running to make position.
3) He's had a little more trouble shaking tags this year and when he's getting possessions, he's being harassed more and pushed out wider, thus making him rush his disposal a little.

Well, just some thoughts.

------------------
Sly LeKoupa.
The Collingwood Rant.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: